Lazy Sups

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
It may be more about how the Union doesn't want to correct the problem. I don't think they would say they agree with management.
Or it could be that the union and most of the few people who actually vote, agreed to language that allows them to get away with it:

"in cases of unexpected absentees or to prevent service failures, supervisors may perform such bargaining unit work as necessary to complete that day's (or night's) work schedule."
Southern 46.3.A

Coalminer2005

One of our Supervisors is so doped up on depression medication she can barely speak yet alone supervise. One more worthless passenger on my ship along for the ride.

By The Book

Or it could be that the union and most of the few people who actually vote, agreed to language that allows them to get away with it:

"in cases of unexpected absentees or to prevent service failures, supervisors may perform such bargaining unit work as necessary to complete that day's (or night's) work schedule."
Southern 46.3.A
Ok....I was going to point out the language about supervisors working, which has its own specific language. The post was about too much flow, not about absenteeism, I think.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Ok....I was going to point out the language about supervisors working, which has its own specific language. The post was about too much flow, not about absenteeism, I think.
Perhaps, but many places have unexpected absenteeism on a daily basis, not to mention the "or to prevent service failures" language. I'm not saying supervisor working grievances can't be won in the South, all I'm saying is the article I posted is perhaps some of the worst language in the entire contract... and a lot of people voted for it.

UnconTROLLed

perfection

Southern 46.3.A
Any language for exhausting the call-in list, too?

By The Book

Perhaps, but many places have unexpected absenteeism on a daily basis, not to mention the "or to prevent service failures" language. I'm not saying supervisor working grievances can't be won in the South, all I'm saying is the article I posted is perhaps some of the worst language in the entire contract... and a lot of people voted for it.
Absolutely some of the worst language....if it is abused. The language should be tied to language that states the company has to exhaust all laid off employees first, and there shall be a list that is maintained. This language may of been in your contract a long time and isn't "new" any more. Once a contract is in place a while, only the new language seems to get any attention.