Leaving during Peak Season??

Sol Rosenburg

If you want some solid advice here it is.

Go into work, punch in, do what you're told, punch out, rinse and repeat 5 days a week. Stop worrying about your production, it will never be good enough. Just work safe and work as directed. Get a contract book, and learn it. You'll be tested physically and mentally. Once They learn you're not a push over they move onto someone else. File grievances, but always work as directed and never argue with them. Never let them see you get upset. Been driving for 16 years now, hope this helps you.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I agree with this. I was a bagger at Walmart before I came to UPS. On my resume I said I was the store manager which helped me get the job at UPS.
I used to work on this fishing vessel in Dutch Harbor, Alaska. I had to throw the chum bait overboard and fill the pots for the crabs. I wasn't very good at it at all, but on MY resume, I said I was a MASTERBAITER.

I had so many job offers, I had to turn many of them down.

rod

Retired 22 years
When you walk in to work tomorrow morning turn around and look over the door. You should see an EXIT sign-----please feel free to use it any time. Oh, and make sure to stop by the office and ask for some complimentary feminine hygiene products on your way out.
I didn't realize you knew what "EXIT" meant

AwashBwashCwash

Honestly it's not even that stressful.
:censored2: comes down the belt, you pick up your box and put it on your truck.
If there is too much stuff for you to handle, you either turn the belt off and try to catch up, or stack out and let it crash and burn.
If you completely fail your load, they will hoot and holler, and then you get to leave when the drivers come in and do it all over again the next day.

I don't see how there's any stress when there's literally no consequences for failing at your job.

numberonedriver

Nobody's putting a gun to your head forcing you to work here. If you don't like it quit. This job is not for everyone. I remember when I started preload by the end of 3rd day in the unload I felt like I was physically sick from jumping in and out of trailers all morning and thought I wasn't going to make it. I pushed through it that was 15 years ago.

numberonedriver

If the sped millennial boy would :censored2:ing read once in his life as I’ve said before. I try to be a perfectionist and when I can’t do the best to my ability I hit myself hard mentally which could be the cause of me wanting to quit.

There is no incentive to be the best employee at ups. Everyone gets the same raise at the same time. Just do enough to stay out of the office and you're good.

BrownArmy

Adult Male Urinal Bottle - 1000ml

The Adult Male Urinal Bottle is a convenient toileting aid for men. It’s made from hard-wearing, easy to clean plastic, has a 1000ml capacity, and has been anatomically designed to reduce the risk of leaks and spills.

Anatomical Design

The Adult Male Urinal Bottle is anatomically designed and features a wide spout. It is comfortable and easy to use, whether standing, sitting or lying down.

1000ml Capacity

Each male urinal bottle is capable of containing up to 1000ml, which is a larger capacity than that of the average male bladder. Male urinals feature a secure cap to ensure that liquids remain locked inside.

Durable Plastic

The Adult Male Urinal Bottle is made from durable, easy to clean plastic. It features a convenient carry handle for ease of use and transportation.

Just buy a bottle of Gatorade, problem solved.

rocket man

So then what your saying is all year you are fine but now during the busiest time of the year it's difficult and you don't know what to do? Let me ask my magic 8-ball *shake shake . It says "suck it up for 25 days" .
You won't be missed just another deleted number

Justaloader

If you went to the pickoff spot - which, in my hub, means you grab boxes off the belt and send them down chutes to the various tractor trailers - that is EASIER than loading, imo. My advice? Get some headphones. Set up a play list on your phone. Come to work, clock in, start up the tunes, and get to it. Makes the day go so much easier.