Let’s help each other

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by LeftRS1, Feb 13, 2019 at 8:43 PM.

1. LeftRS1

LeftRS1 One of those Millennials Drivers

As a cover driver, there are some really good days and some rough ones (Good Ole UPS).
    Covered a route for two weeks straight finally running scratch but the regular guy comes back today and runs 2 hours under plan texting me “awesome job bud.”

Do drivers seriously not talk to their loaders on what a good load should look like for their route?
    Does no one tell their dispatcher “look if you want to give me a split just add that section of townhomes and apts(they have lockers 20 stops).”

Someone please tell me that their center isn’t as dysfunctional as mine where people refuse to work together.

2. rod

rod retired and happy

Its every man for themselves now days. Never used to be that way.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Days

Days Active Member

I blame management a lot tbh for dysfunctionality.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  4. IESucks

IESucks Active Member

Lol. Ups is one big clusterfudge Get use to it. It's horrible

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. WTFm8

WTFm8 Active Member

Saw this on a FB page today... thinking about asking stewards about starting this at my building. So many inside and drivers get :censored2: on by management with contract violations.

0FFFD7A1-DBD1-47F8-B38D-F34860C7299D.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Elmo.goes.to.prom

Elmo.goes.to.prom Active Member

I didn't know management listened?

And drivers blame loaders for every thing. So why would a loader help a driver?

7. Coldworld

Coldworld It’s Ban Time!!.... bring it mod mall cop ‍

Is that @scratch out front there holding the xl 7-11 coffee????

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. eats packages

eats packages Why won't the door close?

Me and my drivers talk a lot about what the load *could* be like but our dispatcher might as well animorph into a starfish

At the end of the day you really can't deviate much from the monopoly numbers stamped on every box.

9. PASinterference

PASinterference Yes, I know I'm working late.

I speak to my loader. He's good, no complaints. I never talk to dispatcher. Nothing gets on my nerves like the little beeches camped out in the office grooming their dispatch.
    The only thing my dispatcher knows about me is if they load me up, I'll kick them in the scrotum all night long. Works out good for me either way.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Heavy Package

Heavy Package Active Member

My center is as completely dysfunctional as yours. I just stopped caring about it starting last year. Some drivers are good about working with others, most are introverted hermits or just don't care anymore either.

This is not the old UPS of Joe smiley and handshakes and getting a pat on the back. Maybe it never was. This company is just a bunch of metrics on paper and regurgitated safety crap that is meaningless. Just deliver the boxes, work as directed, and go home. Collect check every Friday and forget about UPS all weekend long.

Safety flavor of the week in my hub: Dehydrated muscle tissue. You can't make this stuff up.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  11. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

I still have hair on my head and I'm under 200 lbs, so that's not me. We do have parking lot meetings, Local 728 is active. Roswell Hub is on the Northside of Atlanta, I work in the Southside out of Forest Park.

12. PASinterference

PASinterference Yes, I know I'm working late.

I sent you a beer because I couldn't send you a water supplemented with electrolytes

13. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

You must haves worked for a different UPS. It's always been that way.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. tacken

tacken Active Member

Have all the meetings you want. Nothing is going to change at UPS.

15. Wrong

Wrong :))

I don’t care what other drivers do now. When I’m not there people cry about my route and ask me why I like it. I like it because the little kiss ass can’t burn it up, cell phone gps doesn’t work good out there and the faster you go the more your :censored2: ends up in the floor on them roads.

16. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

Ha Ha

You must be new

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. Jkloc420

Jkloc420 Well-Known Member

Most drivers dont get the same loaders and most loaders dont get the same trucks. If these two issues were solved the trucks would be better. The loader then can learn what days get blown out and use different sections accordingly. For example i get a target stop that the sheets say load on the shelf in the front of the car, meanwhile the back rdr section is completely empty.

18. eats packages

eats packages Why won't the door close?

This is an issue with the PAS system in general. Ideally, the back portion of the car would start out empty and anytime a stop is SPA'd 5+ times the hin should reassign itself to the back and a special beep tone to catch the first 4 pieces with the original hin.
    Also when you get more pieces for the middle shelf instead of the top shelf and the top shelf has bulk businesses on it for some damn reason.

19. PeakMode

PeakMode Arrive Peak Leave

One thing to learn about UPS. If you get something fix just like you like.....they will move it. I spent my first 4 months...writing up PCs and training loaders. After 4 months they switch me out of 5 different PCs and gave them to others and 4 of the 10 loaders I train into PT Sups.

20. Coldworld

Coldworld It’s Ban Time!!.... bring it mod mall cop ‍

This might be the first comprehensive and coherent thing you have ever said on these boards... congratulations... every sentence well thought out and has a definite point...good job. Was starting to think you were a Russian Bot trying to interfere with this site!!!

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List