Lets all do our part. Please educate all of our brothers and sisters.

Brown_Star

Methods Man
Ok ill try here goes. We will all still buy new cars go on two great vacations a year and drink good beer , wine , liquor. We will eat steak, seafood and have weekends at the islands. Some of our favorite brother and sisters will retire good ( I hate these good guy that go because I love them) and they will tell everyone they were teamsters at the 55 and ker retirement cummunity. Those people will resent them but it is what it is.

Meanwhile your company In 2019 will be making 9 to 13 billion a year net and we will all be getting more in yet another contract. Cry me a river I'm blowing a wad on my wife for Mother's Day and ill do it for ever because I work for a company who pays me good thanks to hall and the international brotherhood of teamsters. Cry me a river I'm about Ten pounds overweight because I eat real real GOOD.

Curious what part of the states are you from? Cause Ill be delivering till I drop dead at a stop!

Vote No!!!!

Steward773

1. Whether it comes to health care or pension benefits and even supplemental language, parts of the country have it better/worse than others. As long as it is like this, we will never negotiate a contract with monumental gains. This is a classic 'divide and conquer' technique. We will not beat our enemy if we are fighting ourselves. The answer always lies somewhere in the middle.

2. Personal responsibility. I was guilty of this when I drove. I made so much money I could buy anything I wanted when I wanted. I took a 22.3 job and learned to budget my life better, you never know what the future may bring.

3. We are not fighting only UPS, we are fighting the other non-Union delivery companies. We will never see huge gains in a contract until Fed Ex is organized and the playing field is leveled.

This contract(TA) is not front page news....neither great or horrible. I believe that if everyone would focus on the points above we could negotiate a great contract, if more and more of you ignore these points the future contracts will become horrible, or even worse there will be no Union left.

What frustrates me,is that when I mention the new contract to people at my center,they seem to not be interested. These are drivers that have been with the company 7 plus years. This is what we need to worry about. If no one will get involved,then we lose big time. But let it be a conversation about sports or tits. Then,we would have votes galore. And no,votes galore isn't a new Bond girl name either.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
3. We are not fighting only UPS, we are fighting the other non-Union delivery companies. We will never see huge gains in a contract until Fed Ex is organized and the playing field is leveled.
As quoted by 773 Steward
At the end of the day it is all about business. If the customers who really underwrite our pay and benefits find a company as reliable but cheaper to send their packages they will use them instead. How far do we push the golden goose before she stops laying her precious eggs ?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I retired at 55 with 32 full time years. One reason and one reason only. Because my health care for my wife and myself was $50 a month.

You know exactly what health care will cost. How much will mine be in 2019? I need to start planning.

It would not be prudent to assume any costs will stay the same, especially healthcare which continues to climb at an increasing rate.

This is the limits: The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (as amended by the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010) imposes an annual excise tax on plans with premiums exceeding $10,200 for individuals or $27,500 for a family (not including vision and dental benefits) starting in 2018.[SUP][4][/SUP]

The Teamsters were able to get an exemption for Unions.
The cost for UPS to provide an individual healthcare insurance is $9592 and $19,184 for a family.
This is getting close to meeting the limits for an individual.

Another reason for UPS to let the Teamsters assume the provider role since the Union is exempt.

stink219

Regardless of what side you are on as far as the TA, please get out there and educate everyone on the contract. Inform them of their rights to vote. Explain to all the part timers, full timers how we are the union. The contract is our contract. Let them know where they can get the contract. Print up copies of the contract and show everyone the good and the bad.
This is a great post! And I agree with all this.

Again, it isn't about how you feel (although I hope you are against the contract)
You just lost credibility.

804brown

Ok ill try here goes. We will all still buy new cars go on two great vacations a year and drink good beer , wine , liquor. We will eat steak, seafood and have weekends at the islands. Some of our favorite brother and sisters will retire good ( I hate these good guy that go because I love them) and they will tell everyone they were teamsters at the 55 and ker retirement cummunity. Those people will resent them but it is what it is.

Meanwhile your company In 2019 will be making 9 to 13 billion a year net and we will all be getting more in yet another contract. Cry me a river I'm blowing a wad on my wife for Mother's Day and ill do it for ever because I work for a company who pays me good thanks to hall and the international brotherhood of teamsters. Cry me a river I'm about Ten pounds overweight because I eat real real GOOD.

Wow, way too much information here. But about that retirement "cummunity". Sounds interesting!!

kingOFchester

Wow, way too much information here. But about that retirement "cummunity". Sounds interesting!!

I thought the part about "blowing a wad on my wife for Mother's Day" was the most interesting part!! I would think a nice dinner, some jewelery and/or tickets to a concert would be nice. "Blowing a wad on the wife" sounds like something more in line for Ron Jeremy and John Holmes.

That said, I did understand what 407 meant. At the least I hope I did......