Lets have a conversation on driving a package delivery truck

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Hi guys, I am from a design team at Georgia Tech doing some research on the experience of package delivery drivers and working on improving it in the future, we would really appreciate it if anyone is willing to share their experiences of driving the vehicle and answering some questions on driving and the future of delivery driving including autonomous delivery vehicles. Hit me up in private conversation if you are interested! Thanks!

Here are a few questions:

1. What are some difficulties or challenges that slow down the delivery process (for package delivery drivers)?
2. What are some changes you'll like to see in the delivery process?
3. What are your thoughts on working with a semi-autonomous/fully autonomous delivery vehicle?

Edit(1):
The purpose of the research is not to replace the driver in this situation but instead to redefine the role of the driver and better the experience.
Delivery process is slowed down by questions like this

WTFm8

Management has told me it’s fine to put in park

Management says a lot of stupid stuff.

Have fun with the shift interlock being a POS in the event that there’s an accident about to happen and you try to get out of the way... too busy fumbling with the shifter beeping at you acting like neutral while you get smeared.

UPSTeamster Pragmatist

Also, not that I don't enjoy watching my on car get soaked but a little better alloy aluminum body... Lets add technology and ignore structural integrity. Maybe a vehicle that ignores facial hair. Customers aren't offended by beards anymore, anybody watch MLB or NFL?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Management says a lot of stupid stuff.

Have fun with the shift interlock being a POS in the event that there’s an accident about to happen and you try to get out of the way... too busy fumbling with the shifter beeping at you acting like neutral while you get smeared.
Sitting at a stop light stopped.....i would never try to get out of the way. Put it in neutral and you’re just as likely to have shifting be a problem and we aren’t supposed to leave it in drive

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
Hi guys, I am from a design team at Georgia Tech doing some research on the experience of package delivery drivers and working on improving it in the future, we would really appreciate it if anyone is willing to share their experiences of driving the vehicle and answering some questions on driving and the future of delivery driving including autonomous delivery vehicles. Hit me up in private conversation if you are interested! Thanks!

1. What are some difficulties or challenges that slow down the delivery process (for package delivery drivers)?
3. What are your thoughts on working with a semi-autonomous/fully autonomous delivery vehicle?

Edit(1):
The purpose of the research is not to replace the driver in this situation but instead to redefine the role of the driver and better the experience.
Please figure out how to vent the inside of the car
Don't nedd AC but we need some air flow
Dump ORION it sucks Just give us EDD and let it be
I don't think this is a job you can make semi-autonomous and if you can I will be long gone
Peace

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I would like to see the 4 way switch put on thd dash as a rocker switch. Common switches on the turn signal switch were never meant to be used hundreds of times a day.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

Edit(1):
Are you and your team working with someone from the Industrial Engineering department at UPS?