Let's work the numbers on forced overtime

Re-Raise

Are you saying $349 a week for both health and pension benifits? I can hardly believe that. You might want to check that again. Benifits are paid based upon your regular 40 hour week not including hours worked as overtime. So if someone works 50 hours a week and someone else works 60 hours , UPS still pays the same per month for each worker.

The teamsters have nothing to do with our medical insurance in 710 it is provided by the company, I have learned on here that is not the case in other areas.

The $349 is what UPS pays the teamsters toward our pension.

What if someone who is a full-time employee works 30 hours because of layoff, does the company still contribute the full $349?

L

Loufan

I Just finished a pretty big week of work and decided to run the numbers on what I made last week with a couple of routes being cut out. I can't really complain, but I'm sure that eventually management is going to realize that the current trend of forced overtime is not cost effective. I'm on the no 9.5 list and had a 8 hour request denied this week.

Total hours worked: 52.0

Regular hours : 40 X $30 = $1200

Overtime hours : 12.0 X $45 = $540

Triple time hours : 4.5 X $45 = $202.50

Denied 8hr request : 2 X $30 = $60

Total pay for the week: = $2002.50

Now since the triple time hours and the denied 8hr request resulted in no additional productivity to the center $262.50 in the week was basically lost with no benefit to UPS (but not to me).

Now say one route is added to reduce my total hours by 1 hour per day and seven other drivers by 1 hour per day. The cost of this added driver is 8hr X $30 X 5 (days) =$1200.

The Savings in reduced overtime is 8hr X $45 X 5 (days) = $1800

I would lose my triple time hour and 8 hr request pay saving = $262.50

Total savings would be $1800 + $262.50 - $1200 =$862 in one week or $3448 during a entire month.

Now I understand that UPS has to pay for a additional vehicle and pension contributions for the additional driver, but no way does that cost $3448 per month.

Tell me this is not madness.
I work 1/2 hours and I get paid 1/10 that. I seriously need to be a driver.