LGBTQ

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Which baptism?
There are seven mentioned, the baptism that counts is the one where God places a believer into Christ's body.

If one is referring to water baptism, look no further, no one took the thief on the cross down and dunked him.

Jesus told this same thief, "today you will be with me in paradise."
Scripture?

floridays

None for what you are teaching. That's why I asked you.
Same for jingle brain.
When none is produced, you might be a good time to question if what you are saying is the truth.
Exactly why I said I wouldn't argue with you on this.
I'm not up for a pissing contest, I'm equipped for it but it's not prudent.

Seven baptisms in the bible:
1. The baptism of Moses
1 Corinthians 10:1–3

2.The baptism of John
Mark 1:4

3. The baptism of Jesus
Matthew 3:13–17

4. The baptism of fire
Matthew 3:11–12

5. The baptism of the Holy Spirit
(Ephesians 1:13–14; 1 Corinthians 12:13

6. The baptism of the cross
Mark 10:35–39

7. The baptism of believers
Matthew 28:19

BrownFlush

Exactly why I said I wouldn't argue with you on this.
I'm not up for a pissing contest, I'm equipped for it but it's not prudent.

Seven baptisms in the bible:
1. The baptism of Moses
1 Corinthians 10:1–3

2.The baptism of John
Mark 1:4

3. The baptism of Jesus
Matthew 3:13–17

4. The baptism of fire
Matthew 3:11–12

5. The baptism of the Holy Spirit
(Ephesians 1:13–14; 1 Corinthians 12:13

6. The baptism of the cross
Mark 10:35–39

7. The baptism of believers
Matthew 28:19
Excellent.
Which one is for the sinner today?

BrownFlush

I choose not to argue doctrine here, discussion is argument, face to face is different.
I won't do it, non believers read all we post.

What sayeth the scripture?
Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness.
Discussion is not argument.
Non believers read what we post? So what. They need to read what we post.
If Abraham believed God and did nothing, would he have been counted as righteous ?

vantexan

Which baptism?
There are seven mentioned, the baptism that counts is the one where God places a believer into Christ's body.

If one is referring to water baptism, look no further, no one took the thief on the cross down and dunked him.

Jesus told this same thief, "today you will be with me in paradise."
One thing that should be considered is in the three books that recount the thief on the cross only one says Jesus said "today you will be with me in paradise." The other two have the thief ridiculing Christ. A closer translation would have Jesus saying that today the thief will be with him in the ground. People have interpreted Jesus's statement to the thief as the thief was saved for believing in Jesus without having to do anything else. But if you look at the two other gospels and harmonize the three, going to the original Greek it would appear that Jesus was giving a retort to an unbeliever who was ridiculing him.

BrownFlush

Exactly when was the thief on the cross taken down and immersed in water?

If he wasn't, how could my saviour tell him, "today you will be with me
in paradise."?

Simple question.
Thief died under you say, exactly how did he merit salvation?
What was his ticket?
Everyone that has been or is saved for the past 2000 years was saved was saved the same way.
Then no one was saved under the law, all were transgressors.
By the law there were none, are none, justified.

Anyone saved before calvary was saved on credit, by simply believing God, until the redeemer did His work on the cross.
The thief lived and died:
(1) Without believing that God had raised Christ from the dead. Can we (Rom. 10:9)?
(2) Without being a member of the body of Christ. Can we (Eph. 1:22, 23; 2:16; 4:4; 5:23-26)?
(3) Without hearing the gospel as preached by the apostles. Can we (1 Cor. 15:1-4; Eph. 3:3-6; 1 Pet. 1:10-12)?
If the fact that the thief was not baptized means baptism is not essential for us, then the same reasoning also excludes the three items listed above.
Think...Jesus had “power on earth to forgive sins” (Matt. 9:6). He exercised that authority more than once (Lk. 7:50; Matt. 9:2). I believe the thief was saved by this same power. However, this was before the cross, before the preaching of repentance and remission of sins began in Jerusalem (Lk. 24:47-49; Acts 1:1-8; 2:1-5, 36-47). Jesus still has power to forgive sins (Matt. 28:18.20). That Divine right is expressed in the terms or conditions of the gospel. “He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned” (Mk. 16:16).
Jesus is not now on the earth pardoning people as He did then. He is now qualified, certified and verified as Lord at the right hand of God (Acts 2:29,36; 1 Pet. 3:22). We are now living under the new testament system (Heb. 9:16, 17). It is the “new and living way” which He consecrated for us through His flesh, i.e., His death on the cross (Heb. 10:19.22).
Actually, whether the thief was saved with or without water baptism has nothing to do with our salvation. But forget the thief for a moment. What about the rich, young ruler (Mk. 10:17-22). He could not inherit eternal life without going and selling all that he had. If you want salvation “just like the thief on the cross,” then why not salvation be “just like the rich, young ruler.”
So, we can exclude baptism, but shall have to go and sell all that we have? If not ,why not?
Our terms are different from those of the ruler and the thief. One can understand that when he contemplates the ruler, and he ought to be able to do so when he hangs with the thief.

El Correcto

god is dead
One thing that should be considered is in the three books that recount the thief on the cross only one says Jesus said "today you will be with me in paradise." The other two have the thief ridiculing Christ. A closer translation would have Jesus saying that today the thief will be with him in the ground. People have interpreted Jesus's statement to the thief as the thief was saved for believing in Jesus without having to do anything else. But if you look at the two other gospels and harmonize the three, going to the original Greek it would appear that Jesus was giving a retort to an unbeliever who was ridiculing him.
You’re telling me y’all Jewish comic books don’t even have consistency with the lore. What kind of :censored2: is that?

floridays

I'll stipulate everything you say is correct just to move the argument.
My question,
Exactly why do you offer this?
Is it to support a false doctrine that water baptism is required for salvation?

When exactly did the water of any lake or river become stronger than the shed blood of the Son of God?
Exactly when?

Should I presume there are no, nor have there ever have been any, none, death bed conversions?

When scripture says
And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? 31And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
Exactly what does that mean?

floridays

You’re telling me y’all Jewish comic books don’t even have consistency with the lore. What kind of :censored2: is that?
Go service your partner.
Anytime there is an event with however many eyewitnesses there are always different stories, people see things in different light, it doesn't mean they are conflicting stories.
You aren't family, tend to your partner.

El Correcto

god is dead
Go service your partner.
Anytime there is an event with however many eyewitnesses there are always different stories, people see things in different light, it doesn't mean they are conflicting stories.
You aren't family, tend to your partner.
Uh yeah it does...
Sounds like you’re not family either because you read the wrong Jewish fairy tale.

BrownFlush

I'll stipulate everything you say is correct just to move the argument.
My question,
Exactly why do you offer this?
Is it to support a false doctrine that water baptism is required for salvation?

When exactly did the water of any lake or river become stronger than the shed blood of the Son of God?
Exactly when?

Should I presume there are no, nor have there ever have been any, none, death bed conversions?

When scripture says
And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? 31And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
Exactly what does that mean?
You quote Acts 16:31 out of its context to leave the impression that all that was necessary for the jailer to do to be saved was to believe in Jesus Christ. The answer which Paul gave to this jailer must be understood in its context. When this man asked what he had to do to be saved, he was an unbeliever. The first thing that an unbeliever must do to be saved is to become a believer. Hence, Paul’s answer was, “Believe on the Lord Jesus . . . .” the next thing that the text states is that Paul spake unto him the word of the Lord. This man could not become a believer before he heard the word of the Lord. He had to hear the word of the Lord and believe it before he could be saved.

However, notice that the jailer changed his mind toward Paul and the gospel. Prior to Paul preaching to him, the jailer was persuaded that Paul and Silas were troubling the city and teaching customs which Romans could not observe. Consequently, when he received the prisoners into his charge (after they had already been beaten), he placed them in stocks to torture them. After he had heard the word of the Lord preached, he took them and washed their stripes. This denotes a change in his conviction about the gospel and these preachers.

The text relates that the jailer was baptized “the same hour of the night” (Acts 16:33). Why was this man baptized in the middle of the night? Why did Paul go to so much trouble to baptize this man immediately? If he had been like you, he would have told the man that he was saved the moment he accepted Jesus as his personal Saviour and that at some convenient time the church would have a baptismal service at which time he would be baptized. The church was already in Philippi and services would have been conducted after that night, Paul baptized him in the middle of the night. Why?

The only reasonable explanation of why Paul baptized this man in the middle of the night is that it had something to do with his eternal salvation. The question which was asked pertained to eternal salvation; it was, “What must I do to be saved?” The reply was, “Believe on the Lord Jesus ….” When the jailer returned from having been baptized, the Scriptures relate that he rejoiced, “believing in God with all his house” (16:34). His response to the gospel in baptism was understood as what was necessary to make him a believer, one who is a child of God.
That this explanation is true is seen from the other statements in Scripture regarding the purpose of Bible baptism in water. Study them in their context for yourself:
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned (Mk. 16:16).
Then Peter said unto them, Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost (Acts 2:38).
And now why tarriest thou? Arise, and be baptized, and wash away they sins, calling on the name of the Lord (Acts 22:16).
The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ (1 Pet. 3:21).

These Scriptures harmonize regarding the conversion of the jailer. He was baptized the same hour of the night in order to be saved, to have his sins washed away.

El Correcto

god is dead
You quote Acts 16:31 out of its context to leave the impression that all that was necessary for the jailer to do to be saved was to believe in Jesus Christ. The answer which Paul gave to this jailer must be understood in its context. When this man asked what he had to do to be saved, he was an unbeliever. The first thing that an unbeliever must do to be saved is to become a believer. Hence, Paul’s answer was, “Believe on the Lord Jesus . . . .” the next thing that the text states is that Paul spake unto him the word of the Lord. This man could not become a believer before he heard the word of the Lord. He had to hear the word of the Lord and believe it before he could be saved.

However, notice that the jailer changed his mind toward Paul and the gospel. Prior to Paul preaching to him, the jailer was persuaded that Paul and Silas were troubling the city and teaching customs which Romans could not observe. Consequently, when he received the prisoners into his charge (after they had already been beaten), he placed them in stocks to torture them. After he had heard the word of the Lord preached, he took them and washed their stripes. This denotes a change in his conviction about the gospel and these preachers.

The text relates that the jailer was baptized “the same hour of the night” (Acts 16:33). Why was this man baptized in the middle of the night? Why did Paul go to so much trouble to baptize this man immediately? If he had been like you, he would have told the man that he was saved the moment he accepted Jesus as his personal Saviour and that at some convenient time the church would have a baptismal service at which time he would be baptized. The church was already in Philippi and services would have been conducted after that night, Paul baptized him in the middle of the night. Why?

The only reasonable explanation of why Paul baptized this man in the middle of the night is that it had something to do with his eternal salvation. The question which was asked pertained to eternal salvation; it was, “What must I do to be saved?” The reply was, “Believe on the Lord Jesus ….” When the jailer returned from having been baptized, the Scriptures relate that he rejoiced, “believing in God with all his house” (16:34). His response to the gospel in baptism was understood as what was necessary to make him a believer, one who is a child of God.
That this explanation is true is seen from the other statements in Scripture regarding the purpose of Bible baptism in water. Study them in their context for yourself:
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned (Mk. 16:16).
Then Peter said unto them, Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost (Acts 2:38).
And now why tarriest thou? Arise, and be baptized, and wash away they sins, calling on the name of the Lord (Acts 22:16).
The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ (1 Pet. 3:21).

These Scriptures harmonize regarding the conversion of the jailer. He was baptized the same hour of the night in order to be saved, to have his sins washed away.
Why are all y’all bibles written in some gay ass old English type speak? I’m getting sick of all these the taming of the jew quotes. Let’s get with the times here.