LGBTQ

vantexan

I'll stipulate everything you say is correct just to move the argument.
My question,
Exactly why do you offer this?
Is it to support a false doctrine that water baptism is required for salvation?

When exactly did the water of any lake or river become stronger than the shed blood of the Son of God?
Exactly when?

Should I presume there are no, nor have there ever have been any, none, death bed conversions?

When scripture says
And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? 31And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
Exactly what does that mean?
Do you remember Naaman the Leper? Great man who was told to wash himself in the Jordan River to rid his leprosy? He was angry about it but his servant pointed out that if he had been told to do some great thing he would have. So he went down and washed himself and the leprosy was gone. The thing is we tend to balk at being told what seems an inconvenience. Enough has been said about the importance of the act of completely immersing oneself. It's symbolic, and shows a willingness to submit to God's authority. Mark 16:16 "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved. He that believeth not shall be damned." Part of belief is obeying. Part of being a Christian is harmonizing the Bible. If every act of conversion involves baptism why fight it?

floridays

You quote Acts 16:31 out of its context to leave the impression that all that was necessary for the jailer to do to be saved was to believe in Jesus Christ. The answer which Paul gave to this jailer must be understood in its context. When this man asked what he had to do to be saved, he was an unbeliever. The first thing that an unbeliever must do to be saved is to become a believer. Hence, Paul’s answer was, “Believe on the Lord Jesus . . . .” the next thing that the text states is that Paul spake unto him the word of the Lord. This man could not become a believer before he heard the word of the Lord. He had to hear the word of the Lord and believe it before he could be saved.

However, notice that the jailer changed his mind toward Paul and the gospel. Prior to Paul preaching to him, the jailer was persuaded that Paul and Silas were troubling the city and teaching customs which Romans could not observe. Consequently, when he received the prisoners into his charge (after they had already been beaten), he placed them in stocks to torture them. After he had heard the word of the Lord preached, he took them and washed their stripes. This denotes a change in his conviction about the gospel and these preachers.

The text relates that the jailer was baptized “the same hour of the night” (Acts 16:33). Why was this man baptized in the middle of the night? Why did Paul go to so much trouble to baptize this man immediately? If he had been like you, he would have told the man that he was saved the moment he accepted Jesus as his personal Saviour and that at some convenient time the church would have a baptismal service at which time he would be baptized. The church was already in Philippi and services would have been conducted after that night, Paul baptized him in the middle of the night. Why?

The only reasonable explanation of why Paul baptized this man in the middle of the night is that it had something to do with his eternal salvation. The question which was asked pertained to eternal salvation; it was, “What must I do to be saved?” The reply was, “Believe on the Lord Jesus ….” When the jailer returned from having been baptized, the Scriptures relate that he rejoiced, “believing in God with all his house” (16:34). His response to the gospel in baptism was understood as what was necessary to make him a believer, one who is a child of God.
That this explanation is true is seen from the other statements in Scripture regarding the purpose of Bible baptism in water. Study them in their context for yourself:
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned (Mk. 16:16).
Then Peter said unto them, Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost (Acts 2:38).
And now why tarriest thou? Arise, and be baptized, and wash away they sins, calling on the name of the Lord (Acts 22:16).
The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ (1 Pet. 3:21).

These Scriptures harmonize regarding the conversion of the jailer. He was baptized the same hour of the night in order to be saved, to have his sins washed away.
I guess I understand now.

The Blood of Jesus Christ, the Son of God, The Eternal God in Flesh has no effect unless water baptism is preformed.

Is that what you are saying scripture teaches?

If you are saying the Blood of Eternal God means nothing.
His laying down His life for me has no effect until I am dunked.

I don't accept it.

I'll stake my future on the Blood that God shed for me, in my place as my only hope. I won't rely on a dunk tank or river to validate God's acceptance of my at His Sons obedience.

I prefer Grace, not Grace and works.

You see Jesus's finished work on the cross is an invitation for sinner's to come, your way sets hurdles, something one must do beyond turning to God and believing.

El Correcto

god is dead
1600064355409.jpeg
I’m sorry the other cultists have ostracized you for reading the wrong Jewish fairy tale and not believing in letting people throw water in your face to please the creator of the universe.
Don’t take it out on me

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

The Blood of Jesus Christ, the Son of God, The Eternal God in Flesh has no effect unless water baptism is preformed.

I don't accept it.

I'll stake my future on the Blood that God shed for me, in my place as my only hope. I won't rely on a dunk tank or river to validate God's acceptance of my at His Sons obedience.

You see Jesus's finished work on the cross is an invitation for sinner's to come, your way sets hurdles, something one must do beyond turning to God and believing.
You are talking to one ignorant SOB there!
I have him on IGNORE (like rickyb) because 1) I think he is not serious and 2) a waste of my time deciphering his gibberish.
He plays a modern day Pharisee that can't see the forest for the trees.

El Correcto

god is dead
I bet that's something you rarely say.
You’re really bad at innuendos.

I don't accept it.

why are you setting hurdles in the way of homos?
Checkmate christcuks.

floridays

You should reconsider that notion. The time spent heckling the Jeezlers while they debate over their Invisible Sky Daddy is time away from wallowing in the things that you do that they disapprove of.
You roll your balls on the court now?
Exactly what facts do you offer, or is it just your faith?
Wrong ballpark junior, get your beer and sit in your seat.
Best advice I have for you.

floridays

I'll offer this @Wrong, if you are correct in what you say we are on equal ground.
If anything I have said or anyone else saying anything that remotely agrees with anything I have said is correct, You Sir are in deep :censored2:.

I'm willing to sit where I stand any day.
If it is a gamble, I like my odds.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
You are talking to one ignorant SOB there!
I have him on IGNORE (like rickyb) because 1) I think he is not serious and 2) a waste of my time deciphering his gibberish.
He plays a modern day Pharisee that can't see the forest for the trees.
Hilarious.
1)I am nothing but serious when it come to Scripture 2) If you think the Bible is gibberish...yeah sure
You are the epitome of ignorance.
Jingle Brain Theology: Believe what you want about what you want , sprinkle it with a "relationship" with Jesus ( you get to define what ever that is) and whatever you want your higher power to be ( I think you have stated the Redwood Tree) it will pull you through .
Talk about one ignorant SOB there!

BrownFlush

No you don't.
Without the shedding of blood there would be no forgiveness. ( Heb.9:22) The "performance" of baptism according to scripture is a command and the point of salvation. It is an act of obedience (not a work, to earn anything) just as faith, ( this comes by hearing what the Word of God says, Rom.10:17, not Jingle Brain ) confession( Rom. 10:10) , Repentance Acts 2: 38 . It is the point when one comes in contact with the Blood of Christ, where grace, mercy , and all spiritual blessings are Eph. 1:3( including forgiveness of sins) ... Romans 6 gives a great picture of taking a dead man( dead in sin) bury the dead man ( according to you , you are burying somebody alive if he is already saved )in the waters baptism and being resurrected ,THEN to walk in newness of life.
Just read it. I'm just saying what's there. It's not hard.
Where does the Bible teach the alien sinner comes in contact with that blood ? At what point of obedience?
I don't accept it.
You're not the first one.
I'll stake my future on the Blood that God shed for me
It was shed for Hitler ,too. Didn't do him a bit of good.
Preference has nothing to do with what God wants. Doesn't matter what I want. It's what God wants that matters.
The grace is there. Obedience is required. No on can work or earn salvation( don't confuse the text, Paul was talking about the works and the traditions of the Law of Moses)

BrownFlush

@floridays
FlorMan..What did the very first Christians DO to become the very first Christians after hearing the very first gospel sermon preached?
Read Acts 2 and come back with your answer please.

El Correcto

god is dead
I'll offer this @Wrong, if you are correct in what you say we are on equal ground.
If anything I have said or anyone else saying anything that remotely agrees with anything I have said is correct, You Sir are in deep :censored2:.

I'm willing to sit where I stand any day.
If it is a gamble, I like my odds.
If I believed in Jewish fairy tales that said I’d be damned to eternal torture for not obeying the scriptures, I’d be obeying that scripture no gambling.

Now be a good goy and let the priest dunk you in his pee pee river water.