LGBTQ

Mutineer

You roll your balls on the court now?
Exactly what facts do you offer, or is it just your faith?
Wrong ballpark junior, get your beer and sit in your seat.
Best advice I have for you.
I "roll my balls" in here from time to time.
I don't consume alcohol. Someone once told me that alcohol is the Devil's nectar. From what I've seen, I don't disagree.
You don't seem like somebody who has good advice.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Un-baptized will not go to heaven, scripture is clear.
The baptism is not water however, water baptism is merely a picture of what God has done.
God is the baptizer, he places a believer into Christ.
Again, scripture for this.
My question,
Exactly why do you offer this?
Is it to support a false doctrine that water baptism is required for salvation?
Not really. Although the Bible says that baptism saves us along with many other acts of obedience .
"The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:" --1 Peter 3:21
It's to refute the false doctrine of faith only salvation you are teaching ..no wait..Grace only..no wait..Grace only period ...as Jingle Brain put it...no ..how about ...Whatever you want it to be "only"
Just for your info the only time" faith only "is written in the Bible is found in James 2:24 -"You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only."-- the Bible is it's own best interpreter . Stop believing lies.

vantexan

Again, scripture for this.

Not really. Although the Bible says that baptism saves us along with many other acts of obedience .
"The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:" --1 Peter 3:21
It's to refute the false doctrine of faith only salvation you are teaching ..no wait..Grace only..no wait..Grace only period ...as Jingle Brain put it...no ..how about ...Whatever you want it to be "only"
Just for your info the only time" faith only "is written in the Bible is found in James 2:24 -"You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only."-- the Bible is it's own best interpreter . Stop believing lies.
If you want to get laid by the occasional random woman, or get drunk on Saturday night, it's best to believe that no matter what you do it's impossible to lose your soul. If only that were true.

BrownFlush

@floridays
"Let us therefore strive to enter that rest, so that no one may fall by the same sort of disobedience. For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. -- Hebrews 4: 11 -12
Written to Jews who became Christians . Theme of Hebrews is that Jesus is the High Priest.
Looks like one strives and it looks like one can be disobedient.
The word of God makes one think. It is alive. Not dead words, but life giving eternal words.
When an honest man sees the truth of what is written, he humbles himself and obeys it.
Or, he refuses to see ( becomes blind) and is no longer honest.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
@floridays
"Let us therefore strive to enter that rest, so that no one may fall by the same sort of disobedience. For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. -- Hebrews 4: 11 -12
Written to Jews who became Christians . Theme of Hebrews is that Jesus is the High Priest.
The word of God makes one think. It is alive. Not dead words, but life giving eternal words.
When an honest man sees the truth of what is written, he humbles himself and obeys it.
Thank you modern day Pharisee.*
You have no authority except over the weak-minded.

Pharisees claim Mosaic authority for their interpretation of Jewish Laws.

BrownFlush

Thank you modern day Pharisee.*
You have no authority except over the weak-minded.

Pharisees claim Mosaic authority for their interpretation of Jewish Laws.
lol The NT is not Jewish or Mosaic law.
What interpretation? I just quoted scripture..
Don’t like what it says? So ? It doesn’t change what says,
It sure is fun seeing you get all bent and attacking me over the plainness of scripture which have all authority , it will be opened on the last day and be the standard by which all are judged.
I can give you the passage but you’re a red letter man ( just what Jesus said) , I m assuming you gave yourself that authority, the Lord didn’t. Doesn’t matter, you reject what he said about homosexuality.
Jingle Brain Theology: If you like what the Bible says, accept it. If you’re don’t, reject it. It’s all good. LOL! Grace baby grace!

BrownFlush

If you want to get laid by the occasional random woman, or get drunk on Saturday night, it's best to believe that no matter what you do it's impossible to lose your soul. If only that were true.
Yeah...give me Grace and my license to sin..The law of Moses was given to show the exceeding sinfulness of sin. Under the law sin abounded. “But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound. . . ” (Rom. 5:20). Does this mean that the more men sin, the more grace will be shown? Or, as Paul worded the question, “What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?” He answered, “God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?” (Rom. 6:1,2).
The triumph of God’s grace over sin is not to be interpreted as a license for the Christian to indulge in unrighteousness. “Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof” (Rom. 6:12). “For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly . . .” (Tit. 2:11,12).
Grace does not offer unconditional security.
Just as our entrance into saving grace is conditioned on our willingness to show faith and obedience in Jesus Christ, our remaining in that grace is conditioned on our willingness to continue in faith.
The Hebrew writer warns us that one may “fail” or “come short” of the grace of God (Heb. 2:15). The Galatians were called “into the grace of Christ” but afterward accepted false teaching that “removed” them (Gal. 1:6,7). Paul wrote to them, “ye are fallen from grace” (Gal. 5:4). This explodes the false teaching of once in grace, always in grace.
Jingle Brain hates what the Bible actually says.

El Correcto

god is dead
It sure is fun seeing you get all bent and attacking me over the plainness of scripture which have all authority , it will be opened on the last day and be the standard by which all are judged.
I can give you the passage but you’re a red letter man ( just what Jesus said) , I m assuming you gave yourself that authority, the Lord didn’t. Doesn’t matter, you reject what he said about homosexuality.
Jingle Brain Theology: If you like what the Bible says, accept it. If you’re don’t, reject it. It’s all good. LOL! Grace baby grace!
I’m just glad you finally came out of the closet as a Christian, real proud of you bud. Must of been tough.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
You poor demon! You will never see the forest while naming all the trees.
The Bible is a guide to developing a strong, close relationship with God.
I'm afraid you will never experience that. :sad2:

BrownFlush

The Bible is a guide to developing a strong, close relationship with God.
Another uninspired quote from a man who thinks human reason trumps the Word of God.
Here is what the Bible says about itself oh pitiful one--
"All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work." 2 Timothy 3:16&17
I'm afraid there are going to be a lot of things you are going to experience.

BrownFlush

I’m just glad you finally came out of the closet as a Christian, real proud of you bud. Must of been tough.
The Bible is very clear of its condemnation of homosexuality. I never went there because you always attack scripture so hatefully. And then go off the deep end talking about gay chicklets or chisets or whatever.
Just because I used the Natural Law argument wasn't a denial of my Christianity. It was an effort to use what can be observed and proved even to an atheist who is honest.
Nope, no scientist . But, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know there are physical laws of the universe and laws of nature that are in place.
Not that you care but, the Bible recognizes these laws also.
"For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged NATURAL relations for those that are contrary to NATURE; and the men likewise gave up NATURAL relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error." Romans 1: 26 -27
"Without NATURAL affection...." 2 Timothy 3:3
"Does not NATURE itself teach you....1Cor.11:14

floridays

@floridays
Or when a man refuses, does not accept the finished work of Jesus Christ, ( God the in flesh,) and adds to the Blood of the Cross, he deems what God did, in the sinners place as not sufficient.
I'll stand where I stand, trusting the Blood of Jesus, shed for me.

BrownFlush

Or when a man refuses, does not accept the finished work of Jesus Christ, ( God the in flesh,) and adds to the Blood of the Cross, he deems what God did, in the sinners place as not sufficient.
You know better than to claim I refuse the work of the God Head.
No denial that Jesus finished his work for our salvation (death on the cross) God finished his work for our salvation ( sending His only Son) and the Holy Spirit finished His work for our salvation ( giving us the Bible through inspired men ) All completed their work in the salvation of man.
What is your part in your salvation?
Please tell me, what does the Bible say is your part in the salvation of your soul? What does the Bible say makes a person a Christian who is not a Christian? What does one do to "trust" the blood of Jesus.
I've quoted plenty of Bible and you have not noted or addressed or countered any of it.

This passage reminds me of you and a lot of people I know--- "For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge. For, being ignorant of the righteousness of God, and seeking to establish their own, they did not submit to God’s righteousness." -- Romans 10: 2-3

You stand on sinking sand with no scriptural authority.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
The finished work of Jesus Christ is by definition at some point in the future in our perception of time.

God's time is kairos and can not be perceived by man just as God's essence cannot be perceived by man.

BrownFlush

The finished work of Jesus Christ is by definition at some point in the future in our perception of time.

God's time is kairos and can not be perceived by man just as God's essence cannot be perceived by man.
So when the Lord said " It is finished" on the cross.. he meant for you to blow about nothing and give a definition of time.
Note: When you blow about God and Jesus...put some scripture to it. It means something then. What you spout is human reason and personal "feelings". Doesn't help anyone.

BrownFlush

Can you explain at what point the Apostle Paul did not accept the finished work of Jesus? Simple question.
His conversion is recorded in Acts 9, 22, 26
"And now why do you wait? Rise and be baptized and wash away your sins, calling on his name." - Acts 22:16
Saul seen Jesus on the Road to Damascus. Believed Him. Confessed Him. Prayed for three days while blind. Then was told to do this.
When was Saul (later Paul) saved? Simple question.
Was the act of obedience (baptism), that was command in order to wash away ( have his sins forgiven) sins? Simple question.
When did Saul become a Christian? At seeing Jesus? At believing Jesus? At confessing Jesus? At being baptized into Jesus? Simple question.