LGBTQ

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Of course I can.
You won't accept it until the Holy Spirit teaches you however.

I said long ago, it's not my job to convict one of sin.
That said,
I cannot cause you to rightly divide the word of God.

I don't have that power.
Holy Spirit? He wrote the words you refuse to comment on.
Looks like he taught Paul something you refuse to accept.
Rightly divide?
Here again is your chance....
Can you explain at what point the Apostle Paul did not accept the finished work of Jesus? Simple question.
His conversion is recorded in Acts 9, 22, 26
"And now why do you wait? Rise and be baptized and wash away your sins, calling on his name." - Acts 22:16
Saul seen Jesus on the Road to Damascus. Believed Him. Confessed Him. Prayed for three days while blind. Then was told to do this.
When was Saul (later Paul) saved? Simple question.
Was the act of obedience (baptism), that was command in order to wash away ( have his sins forgiven) sins? Simple question.
When did Saul become a Christian? At seeing Jesus? At believing Jesus? At confessing Jesus? At being baptized into Jesus? Simple question.
At what point does this passage teach when Paul became a Christian? Simple question.

floridays

Holy Spirit? He wrote the words you refuse to comment on.
Looks like he taught Paul something you refuse to accept.
Rightly divide?
Here again is your chance....

At what point does this passage teach when Paul became a Christian? Simple question.
Did John Baptize Jesus?
What did John say when Jesus appeared to be Baptized?

I don't need any chances.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Did John Baptize Jesus?
What did John say when Jesus appeared to be Baptized?

I don't need any chances.
"Alright bro, its done.. Now lets get wasted!!!"
Nope ... "Let's go turn some water into wine"

The Lord loves the drinkin man
He sent honky tonk angels
To the promised land
I hear that He can turn the water to wine
Any man that can do that
Oh he's a good friend of mine
I been baptised in beer
I'm here to testify
I was speakin in tongues when I came home last night
Some folks say I'm livin in sin but i know
The Lord loves the drinkin' man

floridays

Nope ... "Let's go turn some water into wine"

The Lord loves the drinkin man
He sent honky tonk angels
To the promised land
I hear that He can turn the water to wine
Any man that can do that
Oh he's a good friend of mine
I been baptised in beer
I'm here to testify
I was speakin in tongues when I came home last night
Some folks say I'm livin in sin but i know
The Lord loves the drinkin' man

Leave it to the old rat, nice one.
I've self baptized myself in beer.
Not a boast, a fact.
I'm no Aunt Bea.

floridays

???
Please explain what your comment has anything to do with what I asked.
After that, please explain what the comment means.

You are running.
No run.
You attach water baptism with the washing away of sins.
I asked, Why did John, called the baptist, baptize Jesus, the sinless Son of God?
I'm answering your question, just not in the manner you prefer.
I'm trying to walk you through it.

I'll get to Saul, then Paul.

BrownFlush

You attach water baptism with the washing away of sins.
I didn't. Acts 22:16 did.
I asked, Why did John, called the baptist, baptize Jesus, the sinless Son of God?
From the text, Jesus came to John who was practicing "the baptism of repentance FOR the remission of sins" (Mark 1:4). The design of his baptism was FOR the remission of sins. Also, the people came "confessing their sins." They did not come confessing that they had no sins. They came confessing their sins and were baptized to have those sins remitted.
This was all preparatory to the death of Christ and the establishing of the Kingdom with the coming of the Holy Spirit (Matt. 3:11).
This is the setting Jesus came along and said, "I want to be baptized." John immediately recognized the fact that something was different and he "forbade him." Jesus did not come "confessing his sins." Jesus did not come for "the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins."
Let the Lord answer your question--"Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to John, to be baptized by him. John would have prevented him, saying, “I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?” But Jesus answered him, “Let it be so now, for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness.” Then he consented." -- Matt 3:13-15

floridays

I didn't. Acts 22:16 did.

From the text, Jesus came to John who was practicing "the baptism of repentance FOR the remission of sins" (Mark 1:4). The design of his baptism was FOR the remission of sins. Also, the people came "confessing their sins." They did not come confessing that they had no sins. They came confessing their sins and were baptized to have those sins remitted.
This was all preparatory to the death of Christ and the establishing of the Kingdom with the coming of the Holy Spirit (Matt. 3:11).
This is the setting Jesus came along and said, "I want to be baptized." John immediately recognized the fact that something was different and he "forbade him." Jesus did not come "confessing his sins." Jesus did not come for "the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins."
Let the Lord answer your question--"Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to John, to be baptized by him. John would have prevented him, saying, “I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?” But Jesus answered him, “Let it be so now, for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness.” Then he consented." -- Matt 3:13-15

19And this is the record of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, Who art thou? 20And he confessed, and denied not; but confessed, I am not the Christ. 21And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No. 22Then said they unto him, Who art thou? that we may give an answer to them that sent us. What sayest thou of thyself? 23He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias.

24And they which were sent were of the Pharisees. 25And they asked him, and said unto him, Why baptizest thou then, if thou be not that Christ, nor Elias, neither that prophet? 26John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not; 27He it is, who coming after me is preferred before me, whose shoe's latchet I am not worthy to unloose. 28These things were done in Bethabara beyond Jordan, where John was baptizing.

29The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world. 30This is he of whom I said, After me cometh a man which is preferred before me: for he was before me. 31And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water. 32And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him. 33And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost. 34And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.

No explanation needed.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
19And this is the record of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, Who art thou? 20And he confessed, and denied not; but confessed, I am not the Christ. 21And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No. 22Then said they unto him, Who art thou? that we may give an answer to them that sent us. What sayest thou of thyself? 23He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias.

24And they which were sent were of the Pharisees. 25And they asked him, and said unto him, Why baptizest thou then, if thou be not that Christ, nor Elias, neither that prophet? 26John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not; 27He it is, who coming after me is preferred before me, whose shoe's latchet I am not worthy to unloose. 28These things were done in Bethabara beyond Jordan, where John was baptizing.

29The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world. 30This is he of whom I said, After me cometh a man which is preferred before me: for he was before me. 31And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water. 32And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him. 33And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost. 34And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.

No explanation needed.
Hang around for me, I'll appreciate you when your wife don't.
This is a very Spiritual song ... don't remember the words ... live in the moment like a sparrow.

"I raise my hands
Bow my head
I'm findin' more and more truth
In the words written in red
They tell me that there's more to life
Than just what I can see, I believe"

BrownFlush

No explanation needed.
There is for me.
What is your point?

Also do Saul and then Paul like you said.

BrownFlush

No explanation needed.
I'll try again.
Why do you refuse to explain?
Are you saying that you have received the baptism of the Holy Ghost?

BrownFlush

@floridays
"And who is he who will harm you if you become followers of what is good? But even if you should suffer for righteousness’ sake, you are blessed. And do not be afraid of their threats, nor be troubled. But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear;'' 1 Peter 3: 13-15

You refuse to defend what you believe.