Liberal / Conservative

moreluck

golden ticket member
I believe we evolved......it's just that I believe God created that first drop of goo that everything evolved from.

wkmac

Wasn't it Klein's question ? Post #29

What do you think?

Explanation!

I have often wondered why it is that the conservatives are called the “right” and the liberals are called the “left.”

By chance I stumbled upon this verse in the Bible:

Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)

The heart of the wise inclines to the right,
but the heart of the fool to the left.”

Yep, that’s it!

As to Ecclesiastes 10:2, it has nothing to do with the political in the manner you used it.

2A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.
A wise man's heart is at his right hand,.... This is not designed to express the direct position and situation of the heart of man, wise or foolish, which is the same in both; and which, according to anatomists, is in the middle of the body, inclining to the left side; but the understanding and wisdom of men, as Aben Ezra observes; which, with a wise man, is ready a hand to direct and assist him in any affair; and which under the influence of it, he goes about with great readiness and dexterity, and performs it with great ease and facility, without sinister ends and selfish views; it inclines him to pursue the true way to honour, heaven, and happiness, which lies to the right; to seek things that are above, at the right hand of God; and, in all, his honour and glory;
but a fool's heart is at his left; he is at a loss for wisdom and understanding to direct him, when he has an affair of any moment upon his hand; which he goes about in an awkward manner, as left handed persons do, and has sinister ends in what he does; and he is to every good work reprobate and unfit, and seeks earth and earthly things, which lie to the left, and in all himself. The Targum is,
"the heart of a wise man is to get the law, which was given by the right hand of the Lord; and the heart of a fool to get the goods of gold and silver:''
so Jarchi,
"his wisdom is ready to incline him (the wise man) to the right hand way for his good; but the heart of a fool to pervert him from it.'' The ancients (o) used to call things wise and prudent the right hand and things foolish the left hand.

source

moreluck

golden ticket member
That was my opinion. If you have an opinion, write it on your own post. OR make your own thread..."Heathens Are Us".

Post-Modern ! Suits me just fine.
I believe in modernization and going forward.
Well, let's see here. You used to work for UPS, decent pay, benefits, paid vaca.....now (if you actually got the job) sell hot dogs at a cash only job with zer0 benefits. Yea boy, that's going forward.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
That was my opinion. If you have an opinion, write it on your own post. OR make your own thread..."Heathens Are Us".

I guess we "heathens" are stupid because we don't believe the world is 6,000 years old like evangelicals do. Pick up a rock, any rock, just like the ones in most Republican's heads. It's millions of years old, and science can prove it.

klein

Für Meno :)
Well, let's see here. You used to work for UPS, decent pay, benefits, paid vaca.....now (if you actually got the job) sell hot dogs at a cash only job with zer0 benefits. Yea boy, that's going forward.

I'm not living in the US, remember ?
I don't need to pay for healthcare.

Paid vacation (2 weeks) - don't need it. I'll take 6 mths off, and earn more in a year then at UPS, and be my own boss.
Why would I want to work 12 hrs per day for half of the money, I can earn in 5 hrs ?
I figure, I'll earn an easy $700 per day (6-7 hrs) from 11am to 5pm.

And post-modern, I hope means going forward.... not sticking to the same old routine and ways.
Being adventerous, etc....

klein

Für Meno :)
$3.75 I sold them for, actually, and those are just the cheap ones..... for cheese/jalepeno, or itailien, they are $4.75.
Plus $1.00 for a coke, or a small bag of chips....... it all adds up.

I urge almost anyone to try it out over a weekend, and see it for yourself.
It's a small investment, well worth the while.