Liberal / Conservative

bbsam

Staff member
Please realize that you only need to read the story by John Hawkins....even though there are a dozen or so other writers to go to from this story. I am only posting the John Hawkins column! Apparently some people don't understand this.

20 Obvious Truths That Will Shock Liberals - John Hawkins - Townhall Conservative Columnists

Nothing shocking about a rehash of conservative talking points from the last 30 years. I will take exception to number 19, however. Jesus Christ was not tolerant of sinful behavior?! Really?! Mr. Hawkins either needs to go back to Sunday School or he needs to stop writing about things he obviously knows nothing about. After all, Grace is the epitome of tolerance and Christ is Grace personified and the world's atonement. How is that "not tolerant of sinful behavior"?

Nothing shocking about a rehash of conservative talking points from the last 30 years. I will take exception to number 19, however. Jesus Christ was not tolerant of sinful behavior?! Really?! Mr. Hawkins either needs to go back to Sunday School or he needs to stop writing about things he obviously knows nothing about. After all, Grace is the epitome of tolerance and Christ is Grace personified and the world's atonement. How is that "not tolerant of sinful behavior"?
Is Grace really all about tolerance of sinful behavior or is it about forgiveness? Do you think forgiveness is the same as tolerance?

bbsam

Staff member
Is Grace really all about tolerance of sinful behavior or is it about forgiveness? Do you think forgiveness is the same as tolerance?

Where does grace end and forgiveness begin? How is it possible to have either without tolerance. Neither concedes future sins. I believe in Christ's case, grace is the correct term because of the absolute inability of man to DESERVE salvation. Paul discussed this in the question, "Shall we then sin that grace may abound?" Of course not. We strive to do God's will not because we seek to be saved but because in being saved we have recognized the spirit we have searched for in all things of the flesh. Sex, drugs, money, every wanton desire taken far beyond excess leading only to cutting ourselves off from the "sunlight of the spirit". These are not battles between heaven and hell, but tearing at the hearts and minds of people of all races and creeds. And given the perfection of the spirit one would think it easy to turn from worldly pleasures once given the choice. Again Paul realizeshis and our humanity as he despairs that he "does what he knows he should not and does not do what he should do." Only after my own journey had began could i understand the agony in his words. To live for Christ? To die for Christ? Perhaps they are one in the same. And though I fail daily, still I am compelled to accept forgiveness that I do not deserve. A perfect grace granted so that tomorrow I can "rise and sin no more" that my life more than my words may bear witness to my savior.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Where does grace end and forgiveness begin? How is it possible to have either without tolerance. Neither concedes future sins. I believe in Christ's case, grace is the correct term because of the absolute inability of man to DESERVE salvation. Paul discussed this in the question, "Shall we then sin that grace may abound?" Of course not. We strive to do God's will not because we seek to be saved but because in being saved we have recognized the spirit we have searched for in all things of the flesh. Sex, drugs, money, every wanton desire taken far beyond excess leading only to cutting ourselves off from the "sunlight of the spirit". These are not battles between heaven and hell, but tearing at the hearts and minds of people of all races and creeds. And given the perfection of the spirit one would think it easy to turn from worldly pleasures once given the choice. Again Paul realizeshis and our humanity as he despairs that he "does what he knows he should not and does not do what he should do." Only after my own journey had began could i understand the agony in his words. To live for Christ? To die for Christ? Perhaps they are one in the same. And though I fail daily, still I am compelled to accept forgiveness that I do not deserve. A perfect grace granted so that tomorrow I can "rise and sin no more" that my life more than my words may bear witness to my savior.

wanton desire?

Mine's more of a wonton desire.......yummy!

moreluck

golden ticket member
political-shrinkage.png

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Too true to be funny.

If you ever wondered what side of the fence you sit on, this is a great
test!

If a conservative doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one.

If a liberal doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.

If a conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn`t eat meat.

If a liberal is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for
everyone.

If a conservative is homosexual, he quietly leads his life.

If a liberal is homosexual, he demands Legislated respect.

If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his
situation.

A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him.

If a conservative doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels.

Liberals demand that those they don't like be shut down.

If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church.

A liberal non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced.
(Unless it's a foreign religion, of course!)

If a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping
for it, or may choose a job that provides it.

A liberal demands that the rest of us should pay for his.

If a conservative reads this, he'll forward it so his friends can have a

good laugh.

A liberal will delete it because he's "offended".

Well I forwarded it to you, so you know where I stand!

​I'm with you, I would forward this too.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I don't understand the dislike of WZ. There are ABC, CBS, Fox, AP, Politico, NPR stories etc .....all different contributers gathered in one place.

It's not the contributors--it's the way the "journalists" at WZ pick and choose those portions of the contributions to fit their predetermined agenda.

Oh, and let's not forget the misleading headlines.

moreluck

golden ticket member
It's not the contributors--it's the way the "journalists" at WZ pick and choose those portions of the contributions to fit their predetermined agenda.

Oh, and let's not forget the misleading headlines.

There's usually , in red, the phrase....."read more" or "continue reading"at the bottom of a WZ story and that takes you to the entire, complete, whole story but you've probably never gone there. WZ may highlight stuff, but they also provide the whole source where they got it......if you don't take advantage of that, that's not my problem.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Its not the blouse people are concerned about MORELUCK... its the millions of dollars in HORSES and related costs that are relevant to the issues.

FACTS:
Dressage is not for the faint of wallet; it requires healthy outlays of cash for
upkeep, training, transportation and veterinary care. It attracts some of the
world's richest people — the daughter of billionaire New York Mayor Michael R.
Bloomberg competes. Yahoo co-founder Jerry Yang and his wife own dressage
horses.

A spokeswoman for the Romney campaign would not discuss the costs
associated with Ann Romney's horses. "We are not required to disclose this
information," said Amanda Henneberg in an emailed statement.

The woman
who bought Super Hit, Catherine Norris, testified that it cost $2,400 a month to
board him at the Acres.

Insurance documents in the court file indicate
that from November 2006 to November 2007, Ann Romney paid $7,800 to insure five
horses against mortality and theft for amounts ranging from $50,000 to $135,000
per horse, which she said was far less than their value. "I self-insure for the
rest," she testified. "Just expensive to have insurance."

STORY:
Litigation offers window into Ann Romney's private life - latimes.com

DONT EVEN TRY TO ATTEMPT TO PLAY OFF LIKE ANN ROMNEY IS THE TYPICAL HOUSEWIFE, that story only works on idiots.

Peace

TOS