Liberty Mutual vs Driver

Justaloader

Thing that gets me is that it states he was undergoing treatment for back pain when he aggravated a pre-exisiting injury. I take that to mean the original injury didn't occur on the job. In my 9-5 day job, one of our insurance policies is with Liberty Mutual. I'm not 100% on worker's comp rules (my co-worker handles WC...I handle Auto and Property Damage claims) - but I believe that if you have a pre-existing injury and "aggravate" it while on the job, that may be grounds for a denial from the insurance company, depending on the state laws. I can ask my co-worker when he's in the office.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
UPS didn't appeal the ruling, so he still gets $500,000 from the company in addition to the original $160,000 paid to him by Liberty. I'd say he did ok.

Johney

The Dr. hired by Liberty says his preexisting back injury was caused by his job. So the settlement seems legit the extra he tried for did not.

oldngray

nowhere special
I'm more than happy with my insurance company, they very few times I needed them, they came through for me.

Even the collision shop on my route said to keep my insurance company

I have had home and auto with the same company for years. When the typical rate creep started to get bad I called them and quickly got a reduction in rates. And I have only had a couple of claims which were quickly paid.

I have had home and auto with the same company for years. When the typical rate creep started to get bad I called them and quickly got a reduction in rates. And I have only had a couple of claims which were quickly paid.
4 years ago when my youngest kids dad got smashed pretty good, they took care of me. I told them it was too bad of a hit and didn't want a newer car like that being put back together. Actually we made out on the deal a little bit.

Future

Victory Ride
Sooooo, you liked them?
3AD6A2A5-5094-46DA-AF97-E0E8FFC07157.gif