Liberty mutual

Ldyscorpio

I injured my knee at work made a a report went to clinic.
UPS said they had no light dutie available so I was put on workers comp. 14 days working days later I finally get a supervisor at liberty mutual that says there's a delay in my case that says I'm on TAW.
21 days in still nothing from anyone.
UPS cut me a check for week of Dec. 5 to. 11 I've been off since Nov. 17 2021 what do I do now

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
UPS said they had no light dutie available so I was put on workers comp. 14 days working days later I finally get a supervisor at liberty mutual that says there's a delay in my case that says I'm on TAW.
UPS cut me a check for week of Dec. 5 to. 11 I've been off since Nov. 17 2021 what do I do now
Better call Saul.

Lawyer up, contact your local to see if they have or recommended one.

Ldyscorpio

Liberty mutual supervisor told me to apply for EDD but I read recently that could go against me. Can they set u up like that

upsguy28

I'd file grievance that if LB M says you're on file with TAW to get UPS to pay you back pay for those days/weeks you've been off on top of lawyer-ing up. Insurance should be the one to pay but if UPS cut you a check already for Dec 5-11 (was it 40 hrs straight time for the week or something different?) then they should've been paying you for TAW all along. I'd file the grievance so you're covered on both ends. You can always drop a grievance if insurance reimburses you when they get the delay handled. That's my thinking/2 cents anyways

Ldyscorpio

I'd file grievance that if LB M says you're on file with TAW to get UPS to pay you back pay for those days/weeks you've been off on top of lawyer-ing up. Insurance should be the one to pay but if UPS cut you a check already for Dec 5-11 (was it 40 hrs straight time for the week or something different?) then they should've been paying you for TAW all along. I'd file the grievance so you're covered on both ends. You can always drop a grievance if insurance reimburses you when they get the delay handled. That's my thinking/2 cents anyways
No they paid me for a 12 hour week is what the pay period has on check stub. They owed me for 12 hours the day I was injured and went to clinic. Nov 17th I had no break or lunch.

upsguy28

You get up to 6 weeks of TAW in our area so the fact you could be back pretty soon is reason to think UPS should've just kept you on TAW the whole time. And no TAW during peak, that seems suspect as we have a few on TAW at our center who are just driving helpers around for 8-9 hrs a day not doing anything other than driving (now if it's your driving knee that's different) but I'd think they could have you doing something. Even if it's office time watching boring videos....

EmpireUPS909

Trailer sweep is a cake walk
Doesn't matter if you get a splinter at work or a broken leg, call your Union and meet with an attorney. Work comp laws and the UPS insurance carrier do not favor workers

undies

Document everything. Write down the days you worked and didnt get paid, write down the days you didnt work because UPS said they had nothing for TAW. Its all BS and they will get away with not paying you only if you allow them to. People get injured ALL the time, they're not stupid, they will try to screw you over any chance they get.

Ldyscorpio

You get up to 6 weeks of TAW in our area so the fact you could be back pretty soon is reason to think UPS should've just kept you on TAW the whole time. And no TAW during peak, that seems suspect as we have a few on TAW at our center who are just driving helpers around for 8-9 hrs a day not doing anything other than driving (now if it's your driving knee that's different) but I'd think they could have you doing something. Even if it's office time watching boring videos....

Ldyscorpio

No it was for 12 hours for one week pay

25TOLIFE

Don't listen to a single piece of "advice" from Liberty Mitual. They are not your friend. Get a workman's comp attorney and do not even speak to liberty mutual.