Liberty mutual

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
I have been off work since august 18th. I had regular 29days of taw then went home. As soon as I went home liberty mutual started paying me after two weeks. I got back pay from liberty mutual for those two weeks but that’s how long it took to get the first check and now I get one every Friday. Something is fishy with your case. Not sure why you can’t do taw. We had people with a broken leg come in and do taw.

35years

Gravy route
Call workman's comp hotline in your state.

Hire a lawyer recomended by your Teamsters local.

They are not handling your case properly, so do not listen to Liberty Mutual. They are trying to string you along to deny your claim. They know once you go back to work you won't have the time to deal with this. They are literally banking on you dropping the claim. Act now while you have time. Also there may be time limits in your State.

Get off your bum and make the calls!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
can they refuse you TAW? When I blew out my knee 5 years ago at work...my dr restrictions put me on sit down work only and limited walking. I did my TAW literally warming a seat in the cafeteria for 30 days (awaiting mri and surgery approval) before they sent me out on comp.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
can they refuse you TAW? When I blew out my knee 5 years ago at work...my dr restrictions put me on sit down work only and limited walking. I did my TAW literally warming a seat in the cafeteria for 30 days (awaiting mri and surgery approval) before they sent me out on comp.
That’s all you get, 30 days. The 30 days from a company strategy standpoint is simply to buy time so that you don’t get put on comp. When you get placed on lost time (comp), it affects your management team negatively. They don’t like that.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
That’s all you get, 30 days. The 30 days from a company strategy standpoint is simply to buy time so that you don’t get put on comp. When you get placed on lost time (comp), it affects your management team negatively. They don’t like that.
Yes I’m well aware. The OP said UPS told her there was no TAW available at her building and sent her out on comp. i was just curious if the company could do that...or are injured employees entitled to TAW if they want and are safely able to work it?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Yes I’m well aware. The OP said UPS told her there was no TAW available at her building and sent her out on comp. i was just curious if the company could do that...or are injured employees entitled to TAW if they want and are safely able to work it?
Not sure why they wouldn’t make you do it but I don’t think they have to. Maybe varies state by state?

From article 14 NMA

Em- ployees shall be provided their guaranteed hours with a start time no more than two (2) hours earlier or two (2) hours later than their normal start time for the duration of TAW, provided the work is available

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
TAW availability is up to the employer, for sure. Now, there’s some language in the contract that could help you challenge a no “TAW available ruling” and possibly get you 30 days but technically it’s up to the employer whether it’s available to you or not.
From the companies standpoint, if you have somebody that you know is out for a year, why would you WANT to pay them their full driver wage for 30 days when Comp is only about 60%?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
TAW availability is up to the employer, for sure. Now, there’s some language in the contract that could help you challenge a no “TAW available ruling” and possibly get you 30 days but technically it’s up to the employer whether it’s available to you or not.
From the companies standpoint, if you have somebody that you know is out for a year, why would you WANT to pay them their full driver wage for 30 days when Comp is only about 60%?
Ahhh I didn’t know that it was at their discretion but I get why UPS wouldn’t want to pay us to sit on our asses for 30 days lol

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
I am on comp right now and I was on TAW from Oct 1st to November 30th.I was on TAW for 40 something days

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am on comp right now and I was on TAW from Oct 1st to November 30th.I was on TAW for 40 something days
TAW is usually limited to 30 days but can be extended based upon your prognosis.

Scanning barcodes in a nice, warm building sure beats the heck out of running off 150-200 stops in the snow and cold.

Ldyscorpio

So UPS has terminated me while on workers Comp. They said they sent a letter to return to work and I didn't respond so I was reminded. I called HR and they said it stock's.
I don't get it my manager is the one who put me on iy saying there was no light duty . I don't get it.

Trucker Clock

I have I also went and filed a greivance . Does this mean my workers comp checks are gonna stop my adjuster isvout for a week .

Have you been on Comp since Dec 2021, or is this a different injury?

If you're on Woker's Comp and receiving Comp checks, then you are being treated and seen by a Comp Doctor. UPS cannot tell you to come back to work. You have to be released to return to work by your Doctor.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

If you're on Woker's Comp and receiving Comp checks, then you are being treated and seen by a Comp Doctor. UPS cannot tell you to come back to work. You have to be released to return to work by your Doctor.
They would have to settle the comp claim. Lump sum or stay on comp. Absolutely cannot return to work without doctor approval. Lawyer needed here.

Ldyscorpio

Yes I have management at ups put me on workers comp said no light duty was available. So I've been waiting for the Dr. To lift the light duty to return. It took over a month to get income from Washington mutual when I spoke to adjuster he said it had been fixed a d the information they needed sent.
I think I'm had cause I never received documentation stating my manager put me on Comp.
And my Dr. Reports say able to work light duties .
Event ho my knee was as big as a balloon

Ldyscorpio

They would have to settle the comp claim. Lump sum or stay on comp. Absolutely cannot return to work without doctor approval. Lawyer needed here.
But the Dr. Report says I can return to work but on light duty. Ups management said it wasn't available so I've been seeing thevDr. Doing physical therapy till the light duties lifted .