Lightest peak season ever

Whither

Scofflaw
So what? They use us for gain. I use them for gain. Welcome to the world.

Half the time, I don't even know what a company does when I trade it.
Just pointing out, your high and mighty critique of 'boomerism' -- which is an absurd marketing generalization, like all the other "generation" labels -- has its limits. We're all involved in the decline of wages and working conditions, it's true. But the major part of this can be attributed to companies' endless thirst for capital and all the gov't legislation that's licensed it.

wilberforce15

Just pointing out, your high and mighty critique of 'boomerism' -- which is an absurd marketing generalization, like all the other "generation" labels -- has its limits. We're all involved in the decline of wages and working conditions, it's true. But the major part of this can be attributed to companies' endless thirst for capital and all the gov't legislation that's licensed it.
Boomerism is real, and they created the world you're so upset about.

You aren't assuming any risk. You literally said UPS is responsible if you kill somebody.

Yes, UPS is responsible. You aren't. That's privilege. You do just about anything and you won't answer for it personally unless it's pretty much criminal behavior. You're no more important or skilled than some bricklayer or landscaper.

Everything you said was true 50 years ago, when all union members stuck together on common pay scales.

Were they just stupid? No, they were just a real union.
I disagree. A bricklayer is a skilled building trade.

oldngray

nowhere special
I disagree. A bricklayer is a skilled building trade.
OBVIOUS-6.jpg

Whither

Scofflaw
Boomerism is real, and they created the world you're so upset about.
Ah yes, boomers are responsible for plundering the Americas and for the Industrial Revolution -- how could I have forgotten?

I notice you didn't say a word re: corporate interests in stagnant wages/declining work conditions and the government's endorsement of it.

Brown Wing

Sandbagger
Thanks. I'm trying to be generous to the steering wheel holders.

Go try and pull a route and then call it unskilled labor. There's a reason it takes a lot of people the 30 days qualifying and then some to get it down. I don't disagree with some of what you're trying to say. But you are totally ignorant of what a driver does on a daily basis.

wilberforce15

Go try and pull a route and then call it unskilled labor. There's a reason it takes a lot of people the 30 days qualifying and then some to get it down. I don't disagree with some of what you're trying to say. But you are totally ignorant of what a driver does on a daily basis.

Already have. I see no reason that my driving work should've paid more than preload work.

I understand that people want to feel important and special. But delivering packages just isn't either one of those things.

wilberforce15

Ah yes, boomers are responsible for plundering the Americas and for the Industrial Revolution -- how could I have forgotten?

I notice you didn't say a word re: corporate interests in stagnant wages/declining work conditions and the government's endorsement of it.
You think settling America and the industrial revolution brought poverty? Lol. Hopeless.

Whither

Scofflaw
You think settling America and the industrial revolution brought poverty? Lol. Hopeless.
No, my friend, what's hopeless is your myopic view of history. Do you know what working conditions and wages were like during the Industrial Revolution? My point is, the "golden age" for labor -- the one you think "boomers" ruined -- was a brief exception that proves the rule. Under our beloved economic system, companies are driven to extract as much productivity from workers while paying them as little as they can get away with.

Brown Wing

Sandbagger
Already have. I see no reason that my driving work should've paid more than preload work.

I understand that people want to feel important and special. But delivering packages just isn't either one of those things.

If you say so. Yes preloaders, and all part timers should be around 25 an hour. But to say driving shouldn't pay more is objectively stupid. And speak for yourself buddy. So special that you have to come here and let everyone know how good you have it while just being a lowly preloader. Allegedly.

wilberforce15

If you say so. Yes preloaders, and all part timers should be around 25 an hour. But to say driving shouldn't pay more is objectively stupid. And speak for yourself buddy. So special that you have to come here and let everyone know how good you have it while just being a lowly preloader. Allegedly.
Why didn't driving pay more a long time ago? What's so special now?

What happened is The Locust Generation started driving.

upsguy28

I would think most PT's would care less about $25/hr as getting same benefits as FT do (Med, dental, vision). Maybe I'm just ignorant but based on how out of control health care costs have become I would think covering yourself/family under a better medical plan would be better than hourly wage.... at least that's the feeling I get from most PT's in my center.

I would think most PT's would care less about $25/hr as getting same benefits as FT do (Med, dental, vision). Maybe I'm just ignorant but based on how out of control health care costs have become I would think covering yourself/family under a better medical plan would be better than hourly wage.... at least that's the feeling I get from most PT's in my center.
True for those with a family. Most of the new hires are young and healthy and have no use for health insurance. Or so they think.

bumped

Young people are invincible.