Lightest peak season ever

They're all on parents insurance, or already get free care on medicaid.

The benefits mean nothing to most PT.

Give them money.
Because it's different generation now.
Back when I started people wanted that part-time job because it paid a lot more to minimum wage and you had healthcare, pension and paid time off.
It was also the way for you to get in and get a chance a full-time driving job

wilberforce15

Because it's different generation now.
Back when I started people wanted that part-time job because it paid a lot more to minimum wage and you had healthcare, pension and paid time off.
It was also the way for you to get in and get a chance a full-time driving job
It's not because it's a different generation.

It's because it's a different job, so you got different hires.

The line used to be a mile long at my hub for the one hiring day a year. Nobody quit. Everybody wanted in.

That's because the pay was good. Now, you scrape the bottom of the barrel with Walmart pay and wonder why we hire pieces of crap.

It's not because it's a different generation.

It's because it's a different job, so you got different hires.

The line used to be a mile long at my hub for the one hiring day a year. Nobody quit. Everybody wanted in.

That's because the pay was good. Now, you scrape the bottom of the barrel with Walmart pay and wonder why we hire pieces of crap.
Yes I realize it's starting pay has not kept up with driving pay.
But so very few part-time jobs off of our pension and paid health care and paid holidays and vacations...
If you want it bad enough you will put the time in.

wilberforce15

Yes I realize it's starting pay has not kept up with driving pay.
But so very few part-time jobs off of our pension and paid health care and paid holidays and vacations...
If you want it bad enough you will put the time in.
"Hasn't kept up"?

Driver pay is 3x the starting rate. lol.

It's just a bunch of excuses.

The pension will not be there. They don't need the health care. The paid holidays and vacations are overrated.

Give them money. All of it is an excuse to try to not give them money.

"Hasn't kept up"?

Driver pay is 3x the starting rate. lol.

It's just a bunch of excuses.

The pension will not be there. They don't need the health care. The paid holidays and vacations are overrated.

Give them money. All of it is an excuse to try to not give them money.
If you want a chance at a career or stay here if you want to make some more money at the gate with no chance of a future go somewhere else

wilberforce15

I'm not going to get into this argument

For the most part the part-timers do not vote so they give the money to the drivers because those are the ones that vote

The part time is way out member the full timers
What you mean is that you're not going to win this argument. Boomers didn't vote when they were part-time.

Full-timers will always vote more than part-timers. That's a universal truth.

It's the old guys job to set the new guys up right, and show that unionization works and has benefits.

Old guys set up the boomers with a job at 25/hr starting pay. That's what brotherhood is.

Then they turned around and cut it in half for the people below them.

That's because they are locusts, not brothers.

What you mean is that you're not going to win this argument. Boomers didn't vote when they were part-time.

Full-timers will always vote more than part-timers. That's a universal truth.

It's the old guys job to set the new guys up right, and show that unionization works and has benefits.

Old guys set up the boomers with a job at 25/hr starting pay. That's what brotherhood is.

Then they turned around and cut it in half for the people below them.

That's because they are locusts, not brothers.
Believe what you want.
It's Saturday I'm going back to beer drinking peace out

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Nope. I think we should keep the benefits and get driver pay.

Some maroon was trying to say PTers should be happy because of the benefits.

Most of them don't care about them.
So if they don’t care about them why give them away
If you want to guve up your insurance I’d give you a prorated raise

Last edited:

wilberforce15

So if they don’t care about them why give them away
If you want to bite up your insurance I’d give you a prorated raise
First, you give them because some do need them, and this is supposed to be a brotherhood.

And you get a real wage, and real benefits, because that's what Gramps gave to you when you started, and then you pull up the ladder as soon as you're in good shape, leaving everyone behind you with garbage.

That's why everyone hates boomers.

First, you give them because some do need them, and this is supposed to be a brotherhood.

And you get a real wage, and real benefits, because that's what Gramps gave to you when you started, and then you pull up the ladder as soon as you're in good shape, leaving everyone behind you with garbage.

That's why everyone hates boomers.
Quit crying and go driving then

Do a real job with some real responsibilities then you'll get the real money

wilberforce15

Quit crying and go driving then

Do a real job with some real responsibilities then you'll get the real money
I have a real job, which is why I don't need to drive. I can't take the pay cut.

You are a truck driver. You are not special. Other people deserve to be paid, just as Boomers were when they started.

Boomers turned 25/hr into 13/hr and then blame the people who notice and don't like it.

satellitedriver

Partly because less people are working in typical unionized industries.
Or maybe, the unionized business are no longer in business.
No way it could be a unions fault that the democrats allowed many manufacturing "Made in USA" jobs to be farmed out to third world countries, for cheaper production costs.
Follow the lobbyist money and you will find part of the answer.
On the other hand, most PAC money from unions have gone to demoncrats.
Snake eating it's own tail.

I have a real job, which is why I don't need to drive. I can't take the pay cut.

You are a truck driver. You are not special. Other people deserve to be paid, just as Boomers were when they started.

Boomers turned 25/hr into 13/hr and then blame the people who notice and don't like it.
Well the starting wage is $15 an hour right now for part-timers
With no responsibility of driving making sure everything is on time and working out in the elements.

So if you have a job pays you $100,000 a year plus then maybe you shouldn't even work at UPS