Lightest peak season ever

wilberforce15

Well the starting wage is $15 an hour right now for part-timers
With no responsibility of driving making sure everything is on time and working out in the elements.

So if you have a job pays you $100,000 a year plus then maybe you shouldn't even work at UPS
So...your argument is that you think Boomers only cut the starting rate by 40%?

That's your argument for why you don't suck?

So...your argument is that you think Boomers only cut the starting rate by 40%?

That's your argument for why you don't suck?
You young guys don't have any clue what it took to try to get your 30 in this place to qualify as a part-timer

You had a no all the ZIP codes and how to sort You had to learn how to read a load chart and put the stuff in the truck there was no labels on the packages telling you what to do with them.

You're not happy with this job You got one or two choices either vote or quit

wilberforce15

You young guys don't have any clue what it took to try to get your 30 in this place to qualify as a part-timer

You had a no all the ZIP codes and how to sort You had to learn how to read a load chart and put the stuff in the truck there was no labels on the packages telling you what to do with them.

You're not happy with this job You got one or two choices either vote or quit
I'm quite happy. I know all the zip codes and load charts. I was here before the 'smart' stuff.

You act like this is hard. It's not. It wasn't that hard then. Stop trying to justify why you deserved twice the pay of a current part-timer.

Just admit that you sold new guys up the river to fund FT raises, which is the opposite of what the generation before you did for you.

I'm quite happy. I know all the zip codes and load charts. I was here before the 'smart' stuff.

You act like this is hard. It's not. It wasn't that hard then. Stop trying to justify why you deserved twice the pay of a current part-timer.

Just admit that you sold new guys up the river to fund FT raises, which is the opposite of what the generation before you did for you.
Blame your boys for not voting not me

But I'll take my 8 hours pay for today
Screenshot_20211211-192501.png

Whither

Scofflaw
No way it could be a unions fault that the democrats allowed many manufacturing "Made in USA" jobs to be farmed out to third world countries, for cheaper production costs.
That is how capitalism works (now tell me again how great our economic system is lol, or how if we criticize it that means we're stalinists). Both parties have been in power over the last several decades as unionized jobs were lost to automation or outsourcing. If you do some reading you'll find out that machinery has probably been more responsible for manufacturing job losses in the US than moving factories elsewhere. The parties take turns blaming each other for the plight of the working class, ahem "middle class" (working class is too spicy a term for most politicians to even say): you get sick of hearing it, neither party gives a two ****s about us.

I have long said: workers have no party. In the long run the union is wasting money with DRIVE and political contributions; that money would be better spent on organizing, educating members, etc etc.

wilberforce15

Blame your boys for not voting not me

But I'll take my 8 hours pay for todayView attachment 363343
That's like 1/3 of my average 10 minute day trade.

But besides that, I blame you.

I blame you because you voted against new guys.

Old guys voted for your pay to be equal before you even got hired. They were looking out for you and keeping you equal before you even applied for employment.

They voted for the stability and long-term good of the union. You were just another locust boomer.

There was equality. There was brotherhood. And then there were Boomers.

wilberforce15

I said strike fund. You're just like every other part-time employee you cannot even read.
No, I'm just piling on.

Not only can you not retire, you have to work Saturdays to have a strike fund.

That's pathetic. But that's what happens when you give six figures to unskilled laborers. They don't deserve it, so they never learned how to save it properly.

No, I'm just piling on.

Not only can you not retire, you have to work Saturdays to have a strike fund.

That's pathetic. But that's what happens when you give six figures to unskilled laborers. They don't deserve it, so they never learned how to save it properly.
My bad. I forgot you make so much at your full-time job you need to work A part-time job at UPS

Glad I didn't use your crappy plan in life

wilberforce15

My bad. I forgot you make so much at your full-time job you need to work A part-time job at UPS

Glad I didn't use your crappy plan in life
Yes, it is a burden I carry for being risk-averse and having a lot of mouths to feed.

I keep a very stable backup plan going, with benefits and a little pretend-work, until I can fully retire.

It might make you feel better that if everything goes wrong and I screw something up terribly, I might end up with your job.

Sixth Punch Sense

It's been a very nice peek. We left the building 90 minutes late today and the PVD force(waiting to get into the building) seemed sparse to me, compared to last year.

satellitedriver

That is how capitalism works (now tell me again how great our economic system is lol, or how if we criticize it that means we're stalinists). Both parties have been in power over the last several decades as unionized jobs were lost to automation or outsourcing. If you do some reading you'll find out that machinery has probably been more responsible for manufacturing job losses in the US than moving factories elsewhere. The parties take turns blaming each other for the plight of the working class, ahem "middle class" (working class is too spicy a term for most politicians to even say): you get sick of hearing it, neither party gives a two ****s about us.

I have long said: workers have no party. In the long run the union is wasting money with DRIVE and political contributions; that money would be better spent on organizing, educating members, etc etc.
You really do not understand your ignorance of political power, who controls it, and you.
Hell yes, both parties are to blame, but the demoncrats where the easiest to buy off.
I can promise you I have read more on the subject in 2 years than you will read in a lifetime.
As an average, I read 75 books a year, on varying subjects.
Automation being the cause?
That is a modern phenomena used to keep labor costs down and most of the chips and computers are made "overseas".
I have lived to see the decline.
I built one of the first cranes to go to China in 1978 when Jimmy Carter opened the flood gates to allow trade and manufacturing to China.
BTW, I stamped my personal FU China on the crane and the international inspectors missed it.
Look for the union label, or Made in USA on any clothes you buy.
The iconic Levi Strauss union labor "Made in the USA" blue jeans are now imported.
I totally agree union members should educate themselves for the new world coming.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I started in 1985 as a part Timer making $8 an hour,while drivers were making 9.50 an hour. Prior to 1982 full timers and part timers made the same wage but in the 1982 contract a one time cash bonus persuaded the Full Time drivers to vote for a contract where starting pay for part timers was at $8 an hour rather than at Drivers Starting Wage and would stay at that starting rate for many years . It was called selling out the "Unborn" . The Full Timers have never given a rats ass about part timers.