Lightest peak season ever

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I guess you're another boomer with a six-figure unskilled labor job who hasn't saved any money?
Nope I am a Gen X who retired this year at the age of 55 and my pension and investments ( as well as having zero debt) allow me to live very comfortably . I volunteer with dog and cat rescues during the week as I dont have to have a paying gig . In short i do what i farking WANT to do every day. You keep them misloads coming,i'm sure you can retire one day. You'll go far kid

wilberforce15

Nope I am a Gen X who retired this year at the age of 55 and my pension and investments ( as well as having zero debt) allow me to live very comfortably . I volunteer with dog and cat rescues during the week as I dont have to have a paying gig . In short i do what i farking WANT to do every day. You keep them misloads coming,i'm sure you can retire one day
Sounds great.

Now will you say Thank You to the gramps who got you great starting pay, and apologize to the unborn you sold out?

(55 is pretty much a Boomer anyway)

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Sounds great.

Now will you say Thank You to the gramps who got you great starting pay, and apologize to the unborn you sold out?
Whao there big fella,nots not assume stuff as you know where that ends up. I didnt sell anyone out ,I encouraged the PT employees to come to the Monthly meetings, to vote on the contract and to know the contract....................but no fuqs were given by the PT employees. Most had no intention to stay anyways <shrug>

wilberforce15

Whao there big fella,nots not assume stuff as you know where that ends up. I didnt sell anyone out ,I encouraged the PT employees to come to the Monthly meetings, to vote on the contract and to know the contract....................but no fuqs were given by the PT employees. Most had no intention to stay anyways <shrug>
They have no intention to stay because they can get a better deal elsewhere with no effort.

That's because someone sold them out while they were unborn.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
They have no intention to stay because they can get a better deal elsewhere with no effort.

That's because someone sold them out while they were unborn.
well if PT employees don't vote that's what happens. Why should the union make the PT employees happy when they dont vote? If ya'll banded together you could certainly shift negotiations to favor PT employees.

wilberforce15

well if PT employees don't vote that's what happens. Why should the union make the PT employees happy when they dont vote? If ya'll banded together you could certainly shift negotiations to favor PT employees.
No, it's what happens when older guys don't look out for younger guys.

Somebody started you at 25/hr before you had even voted. Before you applied. Before you cared. And they looked out for you.

Then, you sold the people below you out as thanks.

Why on earth should they stay, fight, vote, etc. when they can get more by going down the street?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
No, it's what happens when older guys don't look out for younger guys.

Somebody started you at 25/hr before you had even voted. Before you applied. Before you cared. And they looked out for you.

Then, you sold the people below you out as thanks.

Why on earth should they stay, fight, vote, etc. when they can get more by going down the street?
I started at 8 an hour in 1985 ,i posted that earlier. As has been mentioned reading isnt your strong suit. I went full time in 1989 and my starting pay was s,if memory serves $11.50 an hour.
Getting back to that "you cant read stuff" i told you before I led horses to water,thats all i could do.
From your posts doesnt seem like you have done anything as a PT employee for your PT brothers and sisters.

wilberforce15

I started at 8 an hour in 1985 ,i posted that earlier. As has been mentioned reading isnt your strong suit. I went full time in 1989 and my starting pay was s,if memory serves $11.50 an hour.
Getting back to that "you cant read stuff" i told you before I led horses to water,thats all i could do.
From your posts doesnt seem like you have done anything as a PT employee for your PT brothers and sisters.
Yes, and maybe if I speak vveeeeeerrrryyyyy slooooooooowwwwwllllyyyy your dumb boomer brain might be able to follow something.

8/hr
in....
is...
well....
over....

20/hr
now.

Was that slow enough for the Special Ed class?

AKCoverMan

"oh but I work alot of overtime so I'm ok".

Nope.

Pension is paid on straight time only.

Fiduciary helping.
Don’t know about your local but here we get pension contributions on first 2080 hours worked, doesn’t matter if straight time or overtime. I always work way over 2080 hours a year.

Whither

Scofflaw
You really do not understand your ignorance of political power, who controls it, and you.
No, it is you who does not understand. I am saying that politics is a mere spectacle and we are, except for the union, totally exposed to "market" forces. My problem with the union is its weakness. Your problem is its strength. You have obviously drunk the "free" market kool-aid.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
You really do not understand your ignorance of political power, who controls it, and you.
Hell yes, both parties are to blame, but the demoncrats where the easiest to buy off.
I can promise you I have read more on the subject in 2 years than you will read in a lifetime.
As an average, I read 75 books a year, on varying subjects.
Automation being the cause?
That is a modern phenomena used to keep labor costs down and most of the chips and computers are made "overseas".
I have lived to see the decline.
I built one of the first cranes to go to China in 1978 when Jimmy Carter opened the flood gates to allow trade and manufacturing to China.
BTW, I stamped my personal FU China on the crane and the international inspectors missed it.
Look for the union label, or Made in USA on any clothes you buy.
The iconic Levi Strauss union labor "Made in the USA" blue jeans are now imported.
I totally agree union members should educate themselves for the new world coming.
8D33C26A-FBCF-401B-9EBD-F28F984E8B56.gif

wilberforce15

Try doing as good of a job that the boomer did then we’ll talk. No pride in you guys work anymore. Quite frankly you suck.
Maybe try paying somebody what you got? Then you might get the same work or better people?

You get crap people because you made the pay crap. Good going, genius.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Yes, and maybe if I speak vveeeeeerrrryyyyy slooooooooowwwwwllllyyyy your dumb boomer brain might be able to follow something.

8/hr
in....
is...
well....
over....

20/hr
now.

Was that slow enough for the Special Ed class?

LOTS of differences between then and now : when i started in 1985 one had to be at work,every on time. One had to do the job properly or one's ass was sent packing. No Call No Show was automatic termination. If someone laid out of work constantly or couldnt be on time eveery day progressive discipline was issued until that person was terminated. (the work force of that time had a better work ethic and tardiness and laying out of work were very very rare) One had to read charts and load package cars properly . If one had misloads that individual was put in the trailer to unload until that individual quit.
We EARNED our money then,it was a much tougher environment . It was damned difficult to get 30 days ( i saw many people let go in the 80's that would be better than 99.9% of the preloaders today) From what i saw the last few years before i retired the entitlement attitude,the piss poor work ethic and generally all around lack of ability of the new hires showed me the pay rate is indeed correct,hell it may even be too much.

also you are cute being so jealous that I retired young and am set for life. hahaahah try and ridicule all you want,call me boomer,I dont care. I made smart choices and enjoy every day of life. I'll think about you when i am sitting on the beach next week
Hope you have fun working two jobs !

wilberforce15

LOTS of differences between then and now : when i started in 1985 one had to be at work,every on time. One had to do the job properly or one's ass was sent packing. No Call No Show was automatic termination. If someone laid out of work constantly or couldnt be on time eveery day progressive discipline was issued until that person was terminated. (the work force of that time had a better work ethic and tardiness and laying out of work were very very rare) One had to read charts and load package cars properly . If one had misloads that individual was put in the trailer to unload until that individual quit.
We EARNED our money then,it was a much tougher environment . It was damned difficult to get 30 days ( i saw many people let go in the 80's that would be better than 99.9% of the preloaders today) From what i saw the last few years before i retired the entitlement attitude,the piss poor work ethic and generally all around lack of ability of the new hires showed me the pay rate is indeed correct,hell it may even be too much.

also you are cute being so jealous that I retired young and am set for life. hahaahah try and ridicule all you want,call me boomer,I dont care. I made smart choices and enjoy every day of life. I'll think about you when i am sitting on the beach next week
Hope you have fun working two jobs !

Maybe standards went down, because they had to go down, because you can't get many decent people for the crap paycheck you betrayed n00bs with?

You paid for crap. You got crap.

No sympathy. Quit your whining and pay people.