Lightest peak season ever

Buffet Master

FEEDAH FATTY
Interesting.

Some of the most dangerous people on our yard are "Professional" contractors.

Now, as far as UPS feeder people and all the rest....pkg, carwash etc....keep in mind they are being trained by folks who have never done the job....literally. Clerks to ORS.

As far as off the street hires.....their world has very little to do with UPS or how we operate(see above^). Given that, off the street hires bring their same mentality to UPS's operations. This can be good or bad. Some of our highest Circle of Honor folks are some of the most dangerous people on Earth. Above it all mentality and really dangerous driving habits. This is why multi decade folks die behind the wheel way too often......60 year experience sleeper teams for example.

I encourage ANYONE to spend 10 minutes on the yard watching also.....said it many times. Do it in the Hub too. Just 10 minutes.

We had 2 shifters collide the other night.....it was his 4th accident/incident....pulling trailers off doors with people inside etc.
He(was) a union steward and real hothead loud mouth.

That said.....tons of off the street "experience" might or might not mean anything.....years of bad habits and bad attitudes or a fresh look of professionalism. With all respect.
I like going tit for tat with you on some things but in general when it comes to the driving stuff I pretty much agree with most of what you say. The above post I don't really have anything contrary to say I think our main differences are view of the company itself. I don't know anything but feeder. But more so, this company is a different thing to you guys with the type of years of service that you have.

For me, ups didn't pay my mortgage, buy my vehicles, put the kids through school, fund my retirement. And honestly I don't know if I will stay here. I was fortunate to marry a good woman and she deserves better than me being night shift until retirement. She's been through my being gone on the road and crappy hours since I came off 9 years ago.. I'm 50, time isn't on my side for seniority here. Ultimately, for me at least, it's a job like most others. There's good and bad.

wilberforce15

Driving is more dangerous than ever. People have gotten dumber and there are more people than ever on the road.
Driving is safer now, compared to the 70s-90s, by virtually ever measure.
Screenshot (11).png

Short and sweet

Well I should have planned better in life instead of working in the union shop and not being a union member
This will all stop in 2023
My father was a teamster, he joined in 1959 was a long haul hauler worked until he was 74, I can remember the teamster strikes during the 70s ate a lot of beans and waited it out, Teamsters was strong and the members really were brothers, what I see now are a bunch of whining crybabies, if a little overtime is what makes or breaks you than maybe you should go to school and better yourself, read Steve Brills book about the history of Teamsters and get off your high horse

My father was a teamster, he joined in 1959 was a long haul hauler worked until he was 74, I can remember the teamster strikes during the 70s ate a lot of beans and waited it out, Teamsters was strong and the members really were brothers, what I see now are a bunch of whining crybabies, if a little overtime is what makes or breaks you than maybe you should go to school and better yourself, read Steve Brills book about the history of Teamsters and get off your high horse
It's definitely a different generation now

UPSER1987

Good post.

We are a society of non readers and followers rather than leaders. Everyone is a prima Donna and wants something for nothing.

Most stewards are stewards for the union dues and the days off. Really have no clue other than to say “file a grievance “ lol.

These whiny babies have no idea about sacrifice and the history of the union. That’s why it continues to fail.

Last edited:

HoseaW

None of the last 5 pages of bull:censored2: charges the facts that yes, this is the lightest peak ever and to acknowledge the last 5 pages of bull:censored2:: part timers do not deserve even a quarter of the pay that a full time driver earns. There's very minimal risk in loading a truck. What, you might throw out your back or pull a muscle? While driving, UPS is responsible if you kill somebody or yourself in an accident. Much, much more responsibility is placed on the driver than the preloaded. I agree that the preloaders should get paid $25/hour. If and and only if the drivers get paid $100/hour. Drivers assume all of the risk.
"more than 32,000 people die due to an auto accident. Of those killed in auto accidents, nearly 5,000 were in an accident involving a semi-truck." So 15% %of money should go to driver of cars....Example Truck drivers want to make 100,000 dollars per year and be on the road with daily citizens pay 15,000per year since citizens just for driving since their at more risk then truck drivers. Also 1 driver per truck 2 to 3 in a car.... sooooo...etc.... and Mid-Night &Preload Twilight Daysort.... employees are a risk due to packages falling 20-50feet in the air. Weighing 10 to 70 pounds and Smack dead or concussion.even falling from belt or slide 25 feet in the air....Also Co-Vid...and being broke 25k a year homeless or less money made bleeding out our a** due to picking up 10,000 pounds or more DAILY. (804)-687-8391... I started with 8.50$ per hour at age 19 in 2002 while in US Army etc... now @ 25$ per hour... but new hires @ 21$ per hour... Discrimination & a ripoff... yall should be complaining on getting raises for seasoned employees. New hires starting with more then a employee that worked there with 5+ experience that's like starting a senator with more money then the president... smh

Last edited:

rickyb

Workers are capitalists and feed off the capitalists that provide their wage.
Workers are easier to replace than the money the capitalists have to pay to replace them.
No capitalists depend on their workers, no getting around that unless they automate or something else.

Workers dont necessarily need bosses or shareholders lol