Liquid or Solid Breakfast?

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
During peak I rotate between steel cut oatmeal & vegetable omelets (one egg, two egg whites). I cook the oatmeal over the weekend, freeze it, and microwave it over the week. I'll prepare the omelet mixture the night before & cook it in the morning, to save time. During the rest of the year, I typically forgo breakfast. But doughnuts are my weakness, and every Friday I stop by a local grocery store & enjoy a vanilla buttercream doughnut that ranks up there with sex. Last Friday I bought one, but they mixed the Boston cream & buttercream. Gross!

BrownArmy

It must be my constitution, but it's difficult for me to eat solids within a few hours of waking...my mother's side of the family has the same disposition.

(The other part of that equation is that I'm a night-owl, so I pretty much wake within the minimum allotted time to s---, shower, and shave before lining up for duty in the brown army...if nothing else, UPS has taught me to be efficient...)

I'll have coffee and a blender-drink of frozen fruit with protein powder or something similar. Around 11:00 I'm ready for some more solid fare.

If I eat anything too heavy (i.e. meat + bread + dairy) in the morning, I'm in a fog for awhile - it's unpleasant.

I also find that I do much better with multiple smallish meals during the day, as opposed to a 'traditional' large meal for lunch.

But, you know, everyone's different...

As my shifts have been getting earlier (preload), I have taken the switch from a solid meal: egg sandwich with breakfast sausage w/bacon and milk, to a protein shake and an arizona iced tea. What kind of breakfast do you eat? I ask because I am trying to get a rotation and eating the same thing over and over because of time constraints gets real old, real fast...
Sausage egg and cheese sandwich. No coffee.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My morning routine is a banana and a bowl of Quaker instants grits, followed by a large coffee for the long drive to work. That holds me over until I eat lunch at about 1:30 everyday.

klein

Für Meno :)
This is what I bought recently.
It only takes 1 minute in the microwave and you have the perfect poached eggs !
I doink my buttered rye bread right into this small unit (saves from washing dishes).

31TFW7DVNTL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
71x00QZ9TTL._AA1500_.jpg

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I plan on snacking light throughout the day. I'll have some oatmeal in the morning or some eggs. I'll have a can of V8, some nuts, peanut butter crackers, and a container of almond milk and some protein powder and spread that out throughout the day. A pbj sammy for lunch. I don't want to huff a cooler with me everywhere so nothing cold. I plan on wearing a camelbak during the summer...haha...