Living in another city

Hello everyone.

Soooo......I live in Little Rock, AR but am interested in putting on the brown uniform as a feeder driver. My location doesn't have any openings, and the closest facilities that do have openings are: Des Moines, Lenexa, Louisville, Minneapolis, and Walton, KY. KC(Lenexa) is 6 from the house, and Des Moines is 8. Is it worth to stay in those cities during the week, and come home on weekends? My kid is grown, and it's just me. I would naturally be looking xfer once an opening came available in the Razorback....but who knows when that might be. I know alot of Sleeper teams fly into Chicagoland every week, and do their thing and go back home. Just trying to weigh if it's even worth applying, and the logistics of it. Appreciate any responses~

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hello everyone.

Soooo......I live in Little Rock, AR but am interested in putting on the brown uniform as a feeder driver. My location doesn't have any openings, and the closest facilities that do have openings are: Des Moines, Lenexa, Louisville, Minneapolis, and Walton, KY. KC(Lenexa) is 6 from the house, and Des Moines is 8. Is it worth to stay in those cities during the week, and come home on weekends? My kid is grown, and it's just me. I would naturally be looking xfer once an opening came available in the Razorback....but who knows when that might be. I know alot of Sleeper teams fly into Chicagoland every week, and do their thing and go back home. Just trying to weigh if it's even worth applying, and the logistics of it. Appreciate any responses~

You realize these jobs are seasonal don’t you
There’s no transferring back to the Razorback

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
According to the company's website. Those particular cities I named are permanent, friend/T
Not the way it works
Have to hire 6 from inside for every one from hire-off the street
But you do you
A word to the wise these people will tell you whatever they need to to get seasonals hired

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
pointing-leonardo-di-caprio.gif

He said Ken Tuck aye

Not the way it works
Have to hire 6 from inside for every one from hire-off the street
But you do you
A word to the wise these people will tell you whatever they need to to get seasonals hired
Okay appreciate the response(s). That's why I was asking. Just wanted to get an idea to see if it was even worth it. Guess I'll probably rock with Estes, or Tyson for their stock prices....

What is innanet? I don’t remember seeing any of those in Sears & Roebuck. In which department would I have found that?
Ya know, the medium is which we are currently communication on.....Bob Barker's innanet. It was in betwixt Electronics and that special department reserved for Sears cardholders, behind the lawn department ☺☺️🤷🏾‍♂️🤣

qdg2

I guess anything is possible.

Flying in for a sleeper run....wow. Let's say $400 round trip...every time? Possible. To make it worthwhile, you'd have to get a 6000 mile run. Imagine flushing $400-$600 every week. I can't. And consider all the lost time at the airport....both ways. That could add up to 4-8 hours. Cancellations could be problematic.

I have considered following some work 2 hours from my home(sleeper). Consider: You may lose that bid next time around or get bumped. Either scenario is quite possible...probable for a rookie. I have 40 + and much is uncertain. You could get laid off...

Making a 4 hour round trip every week would probably be too much...especially if you are gone 120 hours(5 full days). But being single.....remember you'll lose another 1/2 to a full day(practically) for travel....still sound good? Not to me.

You said 8 hours one way? Means 16 hours of additional driving on your 2 off days? Really? Have you thought that through?

I know of some traveling surgeons....but this ain't that.

Get everything in writing(the promises). S P E L LE D out.

I guess anything is possible.

Flying in for a sleeper run....wow. Let's say $400 round trip...every time? Possible. To make it worthwhile, you'd have to get a 6000 mile run. Imagine flushing $400-$600 every week. I can't. And consider all the lost time at the airport....both ways. That could add up to 4-8 hours. Cancellations could be problematic.

I have considered following some work 2 hours from my home(sleeper). Consider: You may lose that bid next time around or get bumped. Either scenario is quite possible...probable for a rookie. I have 40 + and much is uncertain. You could get laid off...

Making a 4 hour round trip every week would probably be too much...especially if you are gone 120 hours(5 full days). But being single.....remember you'll lose another 1/2 to a full day(practically) for travel....still sound good? Not to me.

You said 8 hours one way? Means 16 hours of additional driving on your 2 off days? Really? Have you thought that through?

I know of some traveling surgeons....but this ain't that.

Get everything in writing(the promises). S P E L LE D out.
Yeah. Good looking out. I was actually thinking about moving to whatever location I applied for. But your response is duly noted 👌🏾💪🏾