Loader going to Package in 3 months

Discussion in 'Introductions and Welcomes' started by DonaruTarampu, Sep 8, 2019.

1. What does the bid say?

2. DonaruTarampu

DonaruTarampu Member

Just the position and requirements and a chart where you fill out your information. Is there something I should be looking for?

3. Does it say temporary cover driver, 22.4 or RPCD

4. DonaruTarampu

DonaruTarampu Member

I think it said full time driver intent or something to that effect. I'm not sure, though. Will update once the new sheet goes up.

5. Good luck.

6. PappyLand

PappyLand Active Member

If he goes in 3 months he won’t even be taught the Dok. They’ll scan his license and hand him a key fob

7. MrBates

MrBates Active Member

I've seen the company dq drivers because they wanted them to stay loaders. You better be one hell of a driver and knock it out of the park if you want them to qualify you.

8. eats packages

eats packages I have depth perception issues

I am going to hijack this thread and ask are current inside employees are considered regular hires if they accept a bid right now? HR says it is 22.4 which is fine I just don't want to be seasonal bait. Western region. Steward is not picking up the phone.

I assume inside employees accepting bids are not seasonal. But I would love a clarification.

9. Nah, if you’re less than a year inside your sent for RPCD to last through peak, if you’re inside about a year they’ll send you for 22.4, which you’ll likely not qualify...but hey, you can drive the brown truck until next year...

10. And no you’re in too early for seasonal bait. You’ll know when the “seasonals” show up, you’ll likely be doing your job and half of theirs.

11. DonaruTarampu

DonaruTarampu Member

Quick update. I got suckered into being a seasonal, then combo driver after peak with high probability of being regular very shortly after. Still not bad considering I came in as a loader in June. Took road test recently and got integrad next week.

12. Good luck

13. BadIdeaGuy

BadIdeaGuy Not mine, but it needed immortalizing.

Do you believe them?

14. DonaruTarampu

DonaruTarampu Member

They've been pretty honest about making me a driver ASAP. We'll see. Gotta stay positive like Magic.

15. UnconTROLLed

UnconTROLLed perfection

"Livinthedream" would have something to say about this :D

16. DonaruTarampu

DonaruTarampu Member

just got back from integrad. can't comment on it until i see how useful it is my first day.

17. Good luck brother

18. DonaruTarampu

DonaruTarampu Member

Thank you sir

19. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Well-Known Member

Why can't you comment on whether you found the school to be useful or not until you go on road for the first day?

20. DonaruTarampu

DonaruTarampu Member

Same reason I can't comment on a knife until I've actually cut something