Loader going to Package in 3 months

DonaruTarampu

I've had a spotless driving record ever since I started driving 20 years ago so the only thing I found helpful was the diad stuff. So far I feel like it would've been more efficient just training me on the job. But I know how many idiots UPS run into so I don't blame them treating me like I'm one

DonaruTarampu

So I had my first day today and it was fairly overwhelming. The sup drove for the first half and I drove for the second half. I didn't know where I was going at all so he had to give me turn by turns. I felt like an idiot the whole time. Didn't have much trouble with diad but he did have to help me a couple times. My route was all commercials with multiple suites and I had to drive a U-Haul that was loaded the wrong way so I had to climb in the back every time to dig out my packages. Tell me it gets better. Holy :censored2:.

So I had my first day today and it was fairly overwhelming. The sup drove for the first half and I drove for the second half. I didn't know where I was going at all so he had to give me turn by turns. I felt like an idiot the whole time. Didn't have much trouble with diad but he did have to help me a couple times. My route was all commercials with multiple suites and I had to drive a U-Haul that was loaded the wrong way so I had to climb in the back every time to dig out my packages. Tell me it gets better. Holy :censored2:.
I could tell you it will get better

But no sense lying to you....

Turdferguson

Just a turd

It gets better. But it will get worse first. Just take it one stop at a time , and don't panic. Just work at a safe efficient pace. If they give you too much work it's on them to get you help.

DonaruTarampu

Looking up my route area to learn the roads now. It sucked they couldn't give me a heads up so I could drive around a bit. Didn't know where I was headed until literally when I got into the U-Haul lol. Oh well, I'll just tough it out for a year until they let me go into feeder. That is if I even make it as a regular.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Looking up my route area to learn the roads now. It sucked they couldn't give me a heads up so I could drive around a bit. Didn't know where I was headed until literally when I got into the U-Haul lol. Oh well, I'll just tough it out for a year until they let me go into feeder. That is if I even make it as a regular.

One step at a time, young feller.

Like @Turdferguson don't let them get in your head. If you are frustrated off the bat it's going to be a long day.

Dig in and good luck.

dysphunktion

A decent sup

You got this man. Seems like you're at a decent center. Despite me being such a SUPERvisor and shill, do still take everything you're told with a grain of salt. Don't turn into these jaded lifers who file grievance when a sup moves a box 3/4 inch on the belt. You have a rough month ahead of you. If you can get through peak as green as you are to driving, in a U-Haul, the next 20 are going to be cake.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
It gets better. But it will get worse first. Just take it one stop at a time , and don't panic. Just work at a safe efficient pace. If they give you too much work it's on them to get you help.

11631344-A2B1-4890-A824-2B2CABD0AB8B.jpeg

DonaruTarampu

You got this man. Seems like you're at a decent center. Despite me being such a SUPERvisor and shill, do still take everything you're told with a grain of salt. Don't turn into these jaded lifers who file grievance when a sup moves a box 3/4 inch on the belt. You have a rough month ahead of you. If you can get through peak as green as you are to driving, in a U-Haul, the next 20 are going to be cake.
Thanks bud. The rest of the week wasn't so bad. The sup said I have potential to be a great driver if I learn to get my bearings. It seems I'm still having trouble remembering buildings and their addresses. Gonna do some driving on my day off to get more familiarized with that area.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

It will automatically get better the second you start delivering out of a PC. They are better suited to the requirements of this job than a uhaul.