Loading 4 trucks > unloading one

km3

Loading trailers is without a doubt the most physical job at ups.

Why do you think that? Just curious. That's one of the easier jobs in the building for me, second only to driving irreg trains around. The way I see it, literally the worst part about loading is constantly having to climb ladders to break jams and such. Outside of that, it's not that bad.

Sorting causes all kinds of joint problems because, even if you go out of your way to avoid twisting, it still ends up happening little-by-little, without you ever noticing, and just a few months of it will wear you down.

Unloading has you constantly on the ground lifting heavy packages onto the belt, and while the methods help some, it can get old really fast.

Loading is just standing there, moving stuff from the extendo or the rollers, to the space directly in front of you. If you know how to build a wall and manage the space in the trailer when stuff starts spilling off, then you're set.

I can do most jobs in the building at this point (I passed up the opportunity to become Hazmat certified...for now), and loading being the most physical doesn't reflect my experience at all. I'm just surprised to hear people say that it's the most physical job around. I still say that's unload.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Why do you think that? Just curious. That's one of the easier jobs in the building for me, second only to driving irreg trains around. The way I see it, literally the worst part about loading is constantly having to climb ladders to break jams and such. Outside of that, it's not that bad.

Sorting causes all kinds of joint problems because, even if you go out of your way to avoid twisting, it still ends up happening little-by-little, without you ever noticing, and just a few months of it will wear you down.

Unloading has you constantly on the ground lifting heavy packages onto the belt, and while the methods help some, it can get old really fast.

Loading is just standing there, moving stuff from the extendo or the rollers, to the space directly in front of you. If you know how to build a wall and manage the space in the trailer when stuff starts spilling off, then you're set.

I can do most jobs in the building at this point (I passed up the opportunity to become Hazmat certified...for now), and loading being the most physical doesn't reflect my experience at all. I'm just surprised to hear people say that it's the most physical job around. I still say that's unload.
I've sorted I've unloaded I've preloaded. And I've loaded trailers. Without a doubt hands down loading trailers was the hardest on my body and it was not even close.

W

What The Hawk?

Damn 4 trucks, I got only two right now. My center unloads more than two trailers in an hour but they also have like 10 unloaders. They just stack the packages on the belt, most of it is on the wrong one. They don't care and neither does management. As long as the packages go to the right place by the time drivers are ready to roll out its all good. lol

billerz

Loading/Unloading trailers is more physical than loading pcs. Any smalls you have are bagged up. More irregs, and you have to break jams and clean the sides.
I would still say loading pcs is harder overall just from the differences you have between sets. Each truck is loaded differently and the driver wants it a certain way. Trailers don't complain.

Hexahedron

I have little experience, but unloading seems way easier.
It probably has something to do with the fact Ive only unloaded air cargo containers and have only loaded semi trailers, where the skid wouldn't reach the back so you had to walk an extra 40 feet to get the packages.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
For someone who constantly complains about the quality of threads on here being "stupid ", you sure start a lot of the biggest offenders.

jaker

trolling
I loaded an area that had 5 package cars. It was considered the worst area in the building, but it was mostly rural routes.

Unload was where they sent people that sucked at loading.
Or was smart enough not to fall for that preload bull

No responsibility and was the first to go home , before I left unload it was all top seniority guys

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
For someone who constantly complains about the quality of threads on here being "stupid ", you sure start a lot of the biggest offenders.

Apparently, someone feels irrelevant unless they start a thread on an anonymous forum weekly.

Lawnboy must be compensating for a short blade lol

123POAgbsCxipi.gif

margaritaville

I never did the loading of the package cars. But in terms of loading and unloading the semi's i always preferred loading. The hub is not mental stimulating period. But when you load at least you are creating tiers to give your mind a little to do, aka tetris. Unloading is mundane as it can get. Plus it seems worse on the body whenever i did it.

Just like how now that im a driver i prefer cut routes and exporing vs some industrial route with lots of pickups. Need to stimulate the mind a little in what is a mostly physical job.