Loading issues

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Yeah UPS management are usually pretty dumb people. Who would take a "promotion" to make less than what a FT driver makes with more responsibility and being oncall 24/7?.
UPS management are pretty dumb on average...
but if you think making marginally more money to sweat, freeze and soak your balls off 50-60 hours a week for 30 years is smarter....

giphy.gif

Last edited:

AwashBwashCwash

Why does UPS send so many packages down the belt? It’s humanely impossible to load the amount of packages that go on the belt. Then they complain you’re not loading fast enough, and good lord if you miss a package. I love that out of shape sups and managers think they’re great loaders. I’m very frustrated, I like the job. But these bosses act like we’re overpaid.

You want to know why so many packages come rolling down the belt?
That's because I'm :censored2:ing sending them. I'm in that trailer tearing :censored2: down like a beast. You can't handle it you better just stay out the way boy.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
You want to know why so many packages come rolling down the belt?
That's because I'm :censored2:ing sending them. I'm in that trailer tearing :censored2: down like a beast. You can't handle it you better just stay out the way boy.

Hey, you can't be the fastest!
I'm the fastest.

I unload 20 trailers an hour, and that's while I talk on my cell phone.
Superman in the flesh, peeps.

km3

Why does UPS send so many packages down the belt? It’s humanely impossible to load the amount of packages that go on the belt. Then they complain you’re not loading fast enough, and good lord if you miss a package. I love that out of shape sups and managers think they’re great loaders. I’m very frustrated, I like the job. But these bosses act like we’re overpaid.

Stop caring. It isn't your problem. Just maintain a safe work environment and watch their heads explode.

Brisket

85818F56-7C29-40E7-82B7-58F1F6B0DE5E.gif

Smashmouth

I believe it. I’ve worked here long enough to understand why the employee turnover rate for loaders is astronomical. I want to be a better loader. I use their methods, but even using their methods, I can’t keep up. There are guys there, who’ve worked there for years and they can’t keep up. There are so many packages, I could stand at the belt and stack all shift, there’s no time to load. They say one package every 15 seconds, seems reasonable, but it’s not because the packages don’t fit perfectly in place.

I used to load 5 cars on a staight conveyor belt, but that was over 30 years ago. Back then, the a.m. supervisor measured the belt speed every morning before we started, and monitored the flow coming out of the feeders and would actually tell the unloaders to slow down a little if the flow was too high. I had to memorize all the sequence numbers that corresponded to all the streets on the routes i loaded and also keep a count of how many stops were in each car.
Now days its get it out of the feeders as fast as possible. Computers number the boxes and keep stop counts. They dont care about anything but their precious numbers. Get it out and get it in and let the drivers deal with the mess.

Brisket

I believe it. I’ve worked here long enough to understand why the employee turnover rate for loaders is astronomical. I want to be a better loader. I use their methods, but even using their methods, I can’t keep up. There are guys there, who’ve worked there for years and they can’t keep up. There are so many packages, I could stand at the belt and stack all shift, there’s no time to load. They say one package every 15 seconds, seems reasonable, but it’s not because the packages don’t fit perfectly in place.

There’s the problem, try your best to not stack, load and go, it’s still gonna be there when you get back.

ups_drone

Hey dude, I understand your frustration 100%. It blows my mind sometimes at the :censored2: us loaders get pushed onto us and the harassment that comes with it. As someone who deals with it every morning the best advice I can give you is don’t let your sups get in your head and do the best that you can. Just smile, laugh, shake your head, and load/stack your :censored2:. Only people you should care about pleasing are your drivers, :censored2: what a fatass lazy supervisor thinks.

barnyard

KTM rider
You would think that someone would look at the crushed packages, overflowing belt and say, "Well, I think I see one way to reduce damages."

My bosses have the belt speeds set to guarantee damages. They start really fast and go progressively slower. The exact opposite of how things should be moving to prevent damages.

You would think that someone would look at the crushed packages, overflowing belt and say, "Well, I think I see one way to reduce damages."

My bosses have the belt speeds set to guarantee damages. They start really fast and go progressively slower. The exact opposite of how things should be moving to prevent damages.
I have often said that the preload manager damages more packages in one day then the rest of us do in a year, or 10 years.

I have often said that the preload manager damages more packages in one day then the rest of us do in a year, or 10 years.
ORION will fix it .... ORION fixes everything that's why UPS invested Millions in it ......... Oh wait! :censored2: