Local 243

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I guarantee you that this was not the case. 1) UPS KNEW that the number of voter met the threshold and they announced their defeat shortly after the election results came in and started preparing to go back to the table. 2) Shortly after this, the IBT discovered that, OOPS, we don't know how we missed this earlier, but uh oh..., not enough members voted. UPS quickly replied, "hey, ya know, maybe you're right". Mind you, everybody was clicking refresh on the web pages watching this crap unfold. Many people took screenshots and videos. I hope to God that one day somebody discover what conversations took place behind the scenes in the 30 minutes between events #1 and #2, and how the IBT came up with a DRASTICALLY different voter count in the 30 minutes between events #1 and #2. If you're such a gullible fool that you believe nothing shady went on to get this trash contract rammed up our doo-das, then you are one special kinda guy.

And cows farting.... is causing global climate change.

Got it.

upschuck

All I'm saying is 2 weeks is long time to take...
So when do you want to vote on it? This weekend, people would complain they didn't have time to look over long enough, if at all. Next weekend is Easter and family time, don't see any conflict there, lol. During the week at at a prescribed location and times, hard for every1 that wants to vote, vote. Don't complain if you don't have an answer to this simple solution.

Your retro check will be there when it is there.

IworkWhatdoUdo??

So when do you want to vote on it? This weekend, people would complain they didn't have time to look over long enough, if at all. Next weekend is Easter and family time, don't see any conflict there, lol. During the week at at a prescribed location and times, hard for every1 that wants to vote, vote. Don't complain if you don't have an answer to this simple solution.

Your retro check will be there when it is there.
Don't be like every other a-hole assuming I'm after a retro check. As far as easter is concerned, a holiday that bounces from date to date, couldn't care any less. Don't take that much time to vote, probably no more time than the average upser to show up to a normal union meeting (takes about 4hrs for my local).

Christ, almost a year to negotiate a contract. Kind of sad.

I'll complain, because I'm not the one controlling this situation. I would expect to be fired if it took me that long to do something. Laziness

browned out

Screenshot_20190416-083639_Drive.jpg

upschuck

Don't be like every other a-hole assuming I'm after a retro check. As far as easter is concerned, a holiday that bounces from date to date, couldn't care any less. Don't take that much time to vote, probably no more time than the average upser to show up to a normal union meeting (takes about 4hrs for my local).

Christ, almost a year to negotiate a contract. Kind of sad.

I'll complain, because I'm not the one controlling this situation. I would expect to be fired if it took me that long to do something. Laziness
So, you want one of the coveted 22.4 jobs?

browned out

Didn't your Local just have a Stewards meeting to review the new language ?

Shouldn't you have been there ?

Doing What? Standing outside on the lawn? That was a Stewards and Alternate Stewards (Committee Persons) meeting.

For the 2023-? UPS CBA; I will be conducting Local 243's meeting as a 243 officer.

I was at the stewards' meeting in the AM before the PCM. I will be voting on Sunday.

The vast majority of drivers Metro Detroit are disgusted with the garbage, POS, seniority rights, destroying Master and the Rider that did nothing to protect or even address that language.

From the horses' mouth; UPS Labor would never allow Local 243 RPCDs the contractually guaranteed right allowing RPCDs to bump 22.4s on a Saturday. 22.4s are guaranteed 40 hours. RPCDs are guaranteed 32 hours.

Wow: seniority now means nothing.

Last edited:
Doing What? Standing outside on the lawn? That was a Stewards and Alternate Stewards (Committee Persons) meeting.

For the 2023-? UPS CBA; I will be conducting Local 243's meeting as a 243 officer.

I was at the stewards' meeting in the AM before the PCM. I will be voting on Sunday.

The vast majority of drivers Metro Detroit are disgusted with the garbage, POS, seniority rights, destroying Master and the Rider that did nothing to protect or even address that language.

From the horses' mouth; UPS Labor would never allow Local 243 RPCDs the contractually guaranteed right allowing RPCDs to bump 22.4s on a Saturday. 22.4s are guaranteed 40 hours. RPCDs are guaranteed 32 hours.

Wow: seniority now means nothing.
Good luck brother

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

You said you were a Steward. (Committee Person)

You expect do get elected into local office, without any experience ?

Let me know how that works out.

Probably not as much as you think.

The vote totals will tell.

Still don't know what Central Region language applies ?

Good luck on running a Local.

-Bug-