Local 243

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Team89, Apr 3, 2019.

1. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

And cows farting.... is causing global climate change.

Got it.

2. Misthios

Misthios I love my job. Don't you?

Damnit ocasio-cortez got to you as well? We better get this under control asap.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Look like udder disaster is lowing ... er, I meant looming.

4. eats packages

eats packages Why won't the door close?

That's communist talk! Stuff your freezer with meats and hope the power does not go out.

5. Wut?

6. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

So when do you want to vote on it? This weekend, people would complain they didn't have time to look over long enough, if at all. Next weekend is Easter and family time, don't see any conflict there, lol. During the week at at a prescribed location and times, hard for every1 that wants to vote, vote. Don't complain if you don't have an answer to this simple solution.

Your retro check will be there when it is there.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Don't be like every other a-hole assuming I'm after a retro check. As far as easter is concerned, a holiday that bounces from date to date, couldn't care any less. Don't take that much time to vote, probably no more time than the average upser to show up to a normal union meeting (takes about 4hrs for my local).

Christ, almost a year to negotiate a contract. Kind of sad.

I'll complain, because I'm not the one controlling this situation. I would expect to be fired if it took me that long to do something. Laziness

8. browned out

browned out Well-Known Member

9. BigUnionGuy

Didn't your Local just have a Stewards meeting to review the new language ?

Shouldn't you have been there ?

10. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

So, you want one of the coveted 22.4 jobs?

11. browned out

browned out Well-Known Member

Doing What? Standing outside on the lawn? That was a Stewards and Alternate Stewards (Committee Persons) meeting.

For the 2023-? UPS CBA; I will be conducting Local 243's meeting as a 243 officer.

I was at the stewards' meeting in the AM before the PCM. I will be voting on Sunday.

The vast majority of drivers Metro Detroit are disgusted with the garbage, POS, seniority rights, destroying Master and the Rider that did nothing to protect or even address that language.

From the horses' mouth; UPS Labor would never allow Local 243 RPCDs the contractually guaranteed right allowing RPCDs to bump 22.4s on a Saturday. 22.4s are guaranteed 40 hours. RPCDs are guaranteed 32 hours.

Wow: seniority now means nothing.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  12. Good luck brother

13. BigUnionGuy

You said you were a Steward. (Committee Person)

You expect do get elected into local office, without any experience ?

Let me know how that works out.

Probably not as much as you think.

The vote totals will tell.

Still don't know what Central Region language applies ?

Good luck on running a Local.

-Bug-