Local 243

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Team89, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Kanovic

Kanovic My job is fun

What a lucky girl

2. McDonald's $100 value meal?

3. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

93901C9D-2B20-4C27-922C-5A9A98E4C923.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  4. Jonathon Freeloader

Jonathon Freeloader New Member

Funny thing, I've actually been told that recently by a few fellow * at my center. To. Hell. With. That.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2019
  5. Do it!!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2019
  6. Kanovic

Kanovic My job is fun

It’s a promotion you, deserve it.

7. BiggieBrown

BiggieBrown Member

Because some of us, many of us, are leaving the company soon and don't want to let them get away with screwing us out of thousands of dollars on some b.s. technicality.
    You don't get "more money" if they hold your check longer.
    It's the same amount of money.
    If anything you could make the case that your money will be of less value the longer they get to hold it. What do you think they are doing with all that money? It's probably in some account somewhere accruing interest. Interest that you aren't getting.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  8. Frankie's Friend

Frankie's Friend Well known member

Maybe read the other post over again. I dont believe the poster was talking about interest accruing.
    So you dont really know what is legally allowed for the company to do with the escrowed money?

I thought you retired with your cat last year.

9. Misthios

Misthios I love my job. Don't you?

If you're leaving that's fine just let the money grow until you get it. It's not about interest or anything along those lines. Every second you're on the clock until the contract is finalized is more back pay you receive. I understand everyone's situation is different and hell I could really use the money right now for a lot of things but why rush free money?

10. BiggieBrown

BiggieBrown Member

Because if we leave now we won't get it and UPS wins again.

11. Kanovic

Kanovic My job is fun

It is not really more back pay though. It is money that is yours and that is suppose to be on your raise so technically I’d does not matter if you get is right away or what it’s still the same. And definitely not free money you are working for it every hour. I rather them just give me my raise on August 1st when I was suppose to get one then get back pay.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. Willis Chaffin

Willis Chaffin New Member

Right there with you.. I would have much rather had my 17.44 per hour raise last Aug then have to struggle living pay check to paycheck just so government can take half when I do get it.. but it is what it is,,,

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

You're not owed anything until the contract passes, and that hasn't totally happened.

14. Returntosender

Returntosender Well-Known Member

Make better life decision so you don’t live paycheck to paycheck! Dave Ramsey would say struggle now to live good later

15. 5ED74F61-566B-460A-9DCE-D8E9AE9C5A6D.png

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. IworkWhatdoUdo??

IworkWhatdoUdo?? New Member

Tentative agreement.... sure. But we'll go ahead and wait another 2 friggin weeks to do anything about it

17. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

This weekend would have been way to quick, and next is Easter. When would you have liked it?

18. IworkWhatdoUdo??

IworkWhatdoUdo?? New Member

All I'm saying is 2 weeks is long time to take...

19. SameRightsForAll

SameRightsForAll Active Member

I guarantee you that this was not the case. 1) UPS KNEW that the number of voter met the threshold and they announced their defeat shortly after the election results came in and started preparing to go back to the table. 2) Shortly after this, the IBT discovered that, OOPS, we don't know how we missed this earlier, but uh oh..., not enough members voted. UPS quickly replied, "hey, ya know, maybe you're right". Mind you, everybody was clicking refresh on the web pages watching this crap unfold. Many people took screenshots and videos. I hope to God that one day somebody discover what conversations took place behind the scenes in the 30 minutes between events #1 and #2, and how the IBT came up with a DRASTICALLY different voter count in the 30 minutes between events #1 and #2. If you're such a gullible fool that you believe nothing shady went on to get this trash contract rammed up our doo-das, then you are one special kinda guy.

20. It was a scam