Local 243

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
McDonald's $100 value meal?

93901C9D-2B20-4C27-922C-5A9A98E4C923.jpeg

BiggieBrown

Everyone is getting so heated over this retro check it's silly. The longer they hold out the bigger the check is. Why rush it? Why wish it over when you can just let it grow and grow? I hope they're still holding out and keep holding out. Could I used the money? Absolutely but could I use more money? Yeah I'll take option b.

Because some of us, many of us, are leaving the company soon and don't want to let them get away with screwing us out of thousands of dollars on some b.s. technicality.
You don't get "more money" if they hold your check longer.
It's the same amount of money.
If anything you could make the case that your money will be of less value the longer they get to hold it. What do you think they are doing with all that money? It's probably in some account somewhere accruing interest. Interest that you aren't getting.

Last edited:
F

Frankie's Friend

Because some of us, many of us, are leaving the company soon and don't want to let them get away with screwing us out of thousands of dollars on some b.s. technicality.
If anything you could make the case that your money will be of less value the longer they get to hold it. What do you think they are doing with all that money?
Maybe read the other post over again. I dont believe the poster was talking about interest accruing.
It's probably in some account somewhere accruing interest. Interest that you aren't getting.
So you dont really know what is legally allowed for the company to do with the escrowed money?

I thought you retired with your cat last year.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
If anything you could make the case that your money will be of less value the longer they get to hold it. What do you think they are doing with all that money? It's probably in some account somewhere accruing interest. Interest that you aren't getting.

If you're leaving that's fine just let the money grow until you get it. It's not about interest or anything along those lines. Every second you're on the clock until the contract is finalized is more back pay you receive. I understand everyone's situation is different and hell I could really use the money right now for a lot of things but why rush free money?

BiggieBrown

If you're leaving that's fine just let the money grow until you get it. It's not about interest or anything along those lines. Every second you're on the clock until the contract is finalized is more back pay you receive. I understand everyone's situation is different and hell I could really use the money right now for a lot of things but why rush free money?

Because if we leave now we won't get it and UPS wins again.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
It is not really more back pay though. It is money that is yours and that is suppose to be on your raise so technically I’d does not matter if you get is right away or what it’s still the same. And definitely not free money you are working for it every hour. I rather them just give me my raise on August 1st when I was suppose to get one then get back pay.

It is not really more back pay though. It is money that is yours and that is suppose to be on your raise so technically I’d does not matter if you get is right away or what it’s still the same. And definitely not free money you are working for it every hour. I rather them just give me my raise on August 1st when I was suppose to get one then get back pay.
Right there with you.. I would have much rather had my 17.44 per hour raise last Aug then have to struggle living pay check to paycheck just so government can take half when I do get it.. but it is what it is,,,

upschuck

Right there with you.. I would have much rather had my 17.44 per hour raise last Aug then have to struggle living pay check to paycheck just so government can take half when I do get it.. but it is what it is,,,
You're not owed anything until the contract passes, and that hasn't totally happened.

Returntosender

Make better life decision so you don’t live paycheck to paycheck! Dave Ramsey would say struggle now to live good later

SameRightsForAll

It was imposed because enough people didn't even bother to vote.

I guarantee you that this was not the case. 1) UPS KNEW that the number of voter met the threshold and they announced their defeat shortly after the election results came in and started preparing to go back to the table. 2) Shortly after this, the IBT discovered that, OOPS, we don't know how we missed this earlier, but uh oh..., not enough members voted. UPS quickly replied, "hey, ya know, maybe you're right". Mind you, everybody was clicking refresh on the web pages watching this crap unfold. Many people took screenshots and videos. I hope to God that one day somebody discover what conversations took place behind the scenes in the 30 minutes between events #1 and #2, and how the IBT came up with a DRASTICALLY different voter count in the 30 minutes between events #1 and #2. If you're such a gullible fool that you believe nothing shady went on to get this trash contract rammed up our doo-das, then you are one special kinda guy.

I guarantee you that this was not the case. 1) UPS KNEW that the number of voter met the threshold and they announced their defeat shortly after the election results came in and started preparing to go back to the table. 2) Shortly after this, the IBT discovered that, OOPS, we don't know how we missed this earlier, but uh oh..., not enough members voted. UPS quickly replied, "hey, ya know, maybe you're right". Mind you, everybody was clicking refresh on the web pages watching this crap unfold. Many people took screenshots and videos. I hope to God that one day somebody discover what conversations took place behind the scenes in the 30 minutes between events #1 and #2, and how the IBT came up with a DRASTICALLY different voter count in the 30 minutes between events #1 and #2. If you're such a gullible fool that you believe nothing shady went on to get this trash contract rammed up our doo-das, then you are one special kinda guy.
It was a scam