Local 25 Teamsters borderline criminal act?

How do you feel about this situation?

• Total voters

B-Brown

Teamsters Union Plans to Hold Strike Vote Among UPS Workers
a Wall Street Journal Staff Reporter
Updated May 14, 2002 12:01 am ET

The International Brotherhood of Teamsters, trying to step up the pressure and pace of contract talks with United Parcel Service Inc., said it plans to hold a strike vote among the 220,000 workers it represents at the Atlanta-based delivery company. If workers authorize a walkout and a new contract isn't reached, the union could call a strike after the current labor agreement expires July 31.

Looking Back at the Early Settlement between the Teamsters and UPS
by Michael H. Cimini
Bureau of Labor Statistics
Originally Posted: June 25, 2003

With little progress being made in national contract negotiations, the union held a strike-authorization vote on May 18-19, in an attempt to accelerate the pace of negotiations. One day later, the union announced that the rank and file had overwhelmingly voted to strike if contract talks did not lead to a timely settlement. In addition, the union strengthened its bargaining position by ratifying a funding structure that created a new dedicated strike fund.

https://www.bls.gov/opub/mlr/cwc/lo...-settlement-between-the-teamsters-and-ups.pdf

Last edited:

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
a Wall Street Journal Staff Reporter
Updated May 14, 2002 12:01 am ET

The International Brotherhood of Teamsters, trying to step up the pressure and pace of contract talks with United Parcel Service Inc., said it plans to hold a strike vote among the 220,000 workers it represents at the Atlanta-based delivery company. If workers authorize a walkout and a new contract isn't reached, the union could call a strike after the current labor agreement expires July 31.

Can you link to articles that are not behind a :censored2: paywall?

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Don't disagree with that.
Teamcare has it's perks and pits. I dont believe we were going to see a 0 copay for Rxs forever and there are other down sides but looking at the outrageous healthcare costs I'd say we are doing better than most.
$0 copay for x-rays and MRI's in network is great but the network in some areas need expanded.
There's no perfect fix for this. Heck I used to pay $400 per MRI in the company plan now it's $0.

The last 2 Rxs I paid for recently were about $2 total.
I'm still thankful. Even though it could be better it could be worse too.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
It passed because two whole regions were allowed to vote on us getting Teamcare but werent subject to getting it themselves.
If I didn't read this forum I may have voted yes in 2013. It's too bad there was little to no awareness from those regions, from the ibt or locally...you just have to be aware

542thruNthru

Teamcare has it's perks and pits. I dont believe we were going to see a 0 copay for Rxs forever and there are other down sides but looking at the outrageous healthcare costs I'd say we are doing better than most.
$0 copay for x-rays and MRI's in network is great but the network in some areas need expanded.
There's no perfect fix for this. Heck I used to pay $400 per MRI in the company plan now it's $0.

The last 2 Rxs I paid for recently were about $2 total.
I'm still thankful. Even though it could be better it could be worse too.

Don't know anything about teamcare. We have the teamster western region and local 177 healthcare.

We pay 5$ for prescriptions and 10 copays. Though we pay no annual deductibles and I think heard teamcare does.

B-Brown

I believe it was Atlantic and another one. That was 6-7 yrs ago. I have the info in my office but no time (or pertinent reason) to dig it out.

That's interesting because the way the contract is set up now, no one got to keep the company plan. The aircraft maintenance kept theirs but now pay weekly. So, they didn't "get out of the healthcare business". They just saved a boat load of money by switching us to TeamCare where they don't pay a dime in expenses.

The only ones that kept their plans were the locals or regions already in a Teamster healthcare plan.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
That's interesting because the way the contract is set up now, no one got to keep the company plan. The aircraft maintenance kept theirs but now pay weekly. So, they didn't "get out of the healthcare business". They just saved a boat load of money by switching us to TeamCare where they don't pay a dime in expenses.

The only ones that kept their plans were the locals or regions already in a Teamster healthcare plan.
Some never had the company plan. Some were on their own plan and many had the C6 plan that really sucked. They got their plan enhanced but it's still not as good as "enhanced" Teamcare.
Don't know anything about teamcare. We have the teamster western region and local 177 healthcare.

We pay 5$ for prescriptions and 10 copays. Though we pay no annual deductibles and I think heard teamcare does.
Our max Rx copay is $5 and most of the time the out of pocket cost is $2 or less.

Last edited:

B-Brown

Some never had the company plan. Some were on their own plan and many had the C6 plan that really sucked. They got their plan enhanced but it's still not as good as Teamcare.

Our max Rx copay is $5 and most of the time the out of pocket cost is $2 or less.

Ok... that was misleading. They voted on their own supplement that had their own healthcare. They were voting to enhance their own then (I assume). All that had their own, kept their own. The most effected were people who had the company plan, mostly part timers. They were pushed in to TeamCare which was far less than the company plan. TeamCare is going to change as time goes on. It will eventually have greater co-pays and deductibles. Insurance is and always has been a money shell game. The first offer that we got was horrible. That's why the whole country voted no. The union spent a great deal of the member's money to convince everyone that what they were voting on was better. It wasn't. It was the same offer with changes in the healthcare deductibles. The company didn't pay more towards the health and welfare. It's pay now, or pay later with the enhancements. You will see TeamCare eventually become a lackluster plan. The 2013 contract was a total sellout.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Ok... that was misleading. They voted on their own supplement that had their own healthcare. They were voting to enhance their own then (I assume). All that had their own, kept their own. The most effected were people who had the company plan, mostly part timers. They were pushed in to TeamCare which was far less than the company plan. TeamCare is going to change as time goes on. It will eventually have greater co-pays and deductibles. Insurance is and always has been a money shell game. The first offer that we got was horrible. That's why the whole country voted no. The union spent a great deal of the member's money to convince everyone that what they were voting on was better. It wasn't. It was the same offer with changes in the healthcare deductibles. The company didn't pay more towards the health and welfare. It's pay now, or pay later with the enhancements. You will see TeamCare eventually become a lackluster plan. The 2013 contract was a total sellout.
The first offer was a game. Like stretching the balloon before you blow it up. They knew that they'd get it passed. They knew the numbers.