Local 25 Teamsters borderline criminal act?

How do you feel about this situation?

• Total voters

Yolo

The union pushing through a contract that their membership voted against is going to be talked about for a long time.

Local 25 draining entire paychecks of seasonal employees is going to be talked about for a long time.

People dont forget this :censored2:. Its okay to expect better from our union leadership.

B-Brown

Its pretty clear that I'm a teamster. I'm arguing for my union brothers and sisters. You are fighting tooth and nail against them. What local I'm in isn't relevant to this discussion.

Now all the sudden we aren't Teamsters. lol

It's not hard to figure that they want it both ways. Yes, Hoffa sold us out. BUT... who was in charge of the supplements and supported the 2013 contract? S.O.?

Boston25

Its pretty clear that I'm a teamster. I'm arguing for my union brothers and sisters. You are fighting tooth and nail against them. What local I'm in isn't relevant to this discussion.
No it isn’t clear that you are and what local your in is relevant as to whether you have input or not cause if your not a teamster you have no say. And like I have mentioned and keep getting ignored why don’t you come to the next Local 25 membership meeting Nov 17, 2019 and address the E Board yourself??

The other part to the whole union dues story you and the other knuckle heads keep forgetting to mention cause you aren’t members of Local 25 or possibly not even teamsters is the fact that there were many members who have been with UPS for years who were delinquent on union dues.

And as I also stated UPS New England can’t staff the buildings. So any “seasonal” employee still had a job after peak season.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
No it isn’t clear that you are and what local your in is relevant as to whether you have input or not cause if your not a teamster you have no say. And like I have mentioned and keep getting ignored why don’t you come to the next Local 25 membership meeting Nov 17, 2019 and address the E Board yourself??

The other part to the whole union dues story you and the other knuckle heads keep forgetting to mention cause you aren’t members of Local 25 or possibly not even teamsters is the fact that there were many members who have been with UPS for years who were delinquent on union dues.

And as I also stated UPS New England can’t staff the buildings. So any “seasonal” employee still had a job after peak season.

It would be a little easier to stomach if you would own it

instead of making excuses

B-Brown

Listen bird brain. I could care less about your local and I don't think anyone else here does either.

I will just say this, your "leader" screwed the country not too long ago and we haven't forgotten. He was on the concession band wagon too. He is not a victim of nobody. He is, simply said, a narcissistic egomaniac. It goes beyond the healthcare issue.

YES, I am a Teamster and victim of Sean O.

B-Brown

I’m not making excuses just stating there’s more to the story than what others are saying.

Yeah, please tell us how he was such a great leader. Tell us how our healthcare was not as good as TeamCare. Please tell us how the retirees didn't get the shaft and lied to about their healthcare where they now pay about 500% more in deductibles and only 80% of their bill is covered when 100% was.

I guess we are all lying in the name of politics. Or, you are.

Yolo

None of that justifies Local 25 draining entire paychecks of seasonal employees .

Boston25

Yeah, please tell us how he was such a great leader. Tell us how our healthcare was not as good as TeamCare. Please tell us how the retirees didn't get the shaft and lied to about their healthcare where they now pay about 500% more in deductibles and only 80% of their bill is covered when 100% was.

If I remember correctly and @BigUnionGuy can clarify the NMA in 2013-2018 was ratified the first time it was put to a vote.

Boston25

He is a great leader and I will be voting for him. It’s our right to do so as teamsters we are free to vote for who we want. I have worked with him and he’s great at what he does and that’s my opinion.

B-Brown

If I remember correctly and @BigUnionGuy can clarify the NMA in 2013-2018 was ratified the first time it was put to a vote.

So, blame the members? It barely passed. How much money was spent to ratify the contract? Who all was part of it? It's funny, you Local 25 members wont admit that the contract was a total give to the company BUT now that Sean wants to be the big boss, it's all Hoffa's fault.

What are you going to ask me next... Who am I voting for? lol

Wait till your pension plan tanks. Who will you blame then?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Yes the 2013-18 master passed.
....but wasn't ratified until all supplements were passed or imposed.

...including many supplements that didn't satisfy the "50% / two-thirds rule".

Wonder what was different about the IBT Constitution back then, verses in 2018-19???

Last edited:

542thruNthru

Wonder what was different about the IBT Constitution back then, verses in 2018-19???

They had to make sure they got their pension money from 22.4s

B-Brown

Exactly what I was getting at. The supplements were re-entered with no changes. They paid over a million dollars to get people to vote yes for the same thing they voted no to.