Local 25 Teamsters borderline criminal act?

How do you feel about this situation?

• Total voters

B-Brown

The first offer was a game. Like stretching the balloon before you blow it up. They knew that they'd get it passed. They knew the numbers.

They tried really hard to get it passed. They got overconfident. They figured they can go on without a strike authorization vote. People didn't love Hoffa that much.

B-Brown

Sean Obrien Where.jpg

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
I personally know of a few people in New England who have earned pension credits and received health care working seasonally for multiple years as friend/T casuals prior to gaining seniority. Some have since attained seniority and a couple, 5 years later, are now vested in the pension and will be able to take advantage of those credits, earned working as a casual, when they reach retirement.

Yolo

Why? Cause if you’re dying for a commitment from Local 25 come down and ask at the meeting. And we will get to see if you really are a teamster.

Its disgusting how openly anti-worker you are.

It's an INTERNATIONAL BROTHERHOOD. An attack on one of us is an attack on all of us. That's why everyone is standing up to evil scum like you.

Last edited:

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member

It's an INTERNATIONAL BROTHERHOOD. An attack on one of us is an attack on all of us. That's why everyone is standing up to evil scum like you.

lol.
I was on the seasonals' side back when this issue first got brought up here. It seemed like they got a raw deal.

But calling him evil scum for asking you to come to a meeting and ask for a commitment?
C'mon man. We're better than that, and don't need to paint people we disagree with as the antichrist. This ain't the current events board.

Yolo

lol.
I was on the seasonals' side back when this issue first got brought up here. It seemed like they got a raw deal.

But calling him evil scum for asking you to come to a meeting and ask for a commitment?
C'mon man. We're better than that, and don't need to paint people we disagree with as the antichrist. This ain't the current events board.

Do I really have to fly to Boston to prevent the union from draining a seasonal employees entire paycheck?

They stole money from single mothers right before Christmas . Aren't we better than that?

But but but clearly I'm management. Anyone that speaks out against this behavior is clearly management.

The union took advantage of their most vulnerable people at UPS. Because they thought they could get away with it.

Last edited:

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Do I really have to fly to Boston to prevent the union from draining a seasonal employees entire paycheck?

They stole money from single mothers right before Christmas . Aren't we better than that?

Irrelevant.

You called him "evil scum" for having a differing opinion.

Yolo

Irrelevant.

You called him "evil scum" for having a differing opinion.

Please enlighten me. How do you justify local 25's attack on seasonal employees? Was draining a seasonal mother's entire paycheck a good thing to do? Or was it an evil thing to do?

Yolo

Nevermind. You are correct. The action was evil. The person isn't evil. I am against the action but not the person. I represented myself wrong there.

I'm sure boston25 is a decent chap .

But draining a seasonal employees entire paycheck was an evil and selfish act by local 25. And I have yet to see any justification for it.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Nevermind. You are correct. The action was evil. The person isn't evil. I am against the action but not the person. I represented myself wrong there.

I'm sure boston25 is a decent chap .

But draining a seasonal employees entire paycheck was an evil and selfish act by local 25. And I have yet to see any justification for it.
The justification is , to my knowledge, seasonals pay dues so that when they leave, and if they find other work in a Teamster shop, they will not have to pay in again. That is the only reasoning I have heard.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.

Oh go suck your hat. So your aspersions against OB is an attack on one isn’t it? He’s a teamster. :censored2: