Local 25 Teamsters borderline criminal act?

How do you feel about this situation?

• Total voters

Karma...

probably the best solution would be to contractually require ups to pay the initiation fee within a short specified time frame of a persons time....perhaps when the person makes seniority plus 2 weeks......that would prevent new employees from getting caught in the middle ......its the fair way to do things and illustrates appreciation of new people......think outside the box .

probably the best solution would be to contractually require ups to pay the initiation fee within a short specified time frame of a persons time....perhaps when the person makes seniority plus 2 weeks......that would prevent new employees from getting caught in the middle ......its the fair way to do things and illustrates appreciation of new people......think outside the box .
But not every location charges seasonals union initiation fees

nWo

If you think seasonal employees shouldn't be allowed at UPS. Then take that up in contract talks. Don't attack the people that simply accepted a job offer to make extra money during the holidays.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
But then seasonals would never be able to collect on those pension contributions

I believe that the seasonal temps are only guaranteed their regular hourly rate, the Company is not obligated to pay into a healthcare or pension fund for their time of employment. They pay the initial Union dues for working at a Union Shop doing a collective bargaining job, their temporary hourly rate particularly with the PVD’s is what the Company is willing to pay according to the job market.

The Article in the Master was recently highlighted in the 804 (PVD) decision. Thinking it was Article 17...could be wrong on that, don’t quote me...

I believe that the seasonal temps are only guaranteed their regular hourly rate, the Company is not obligated to pay into a healthcare or pension fund for their time of employment. They pay the initial Union dues for working at a Union Shop doing a collective bargaining job, their temporary hourly rate particularly with the PVD’s is what the Company is willing to pay according to the job market.

The Article in the Master was recently highlighted in the 804 (PVD) decision. Thinking it was Article 17...could be wrong on that, don’t quote me...
I was being sarcastic when I said that.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
When are the local union members going to understand... Sean OBrian has completely mismanaged the pension fund up there that I'm suprised that more paychecks haven't been taken.... But one thing Sean OBrian is good at is keeping employee racist thugs who look the other way when he screws ups.... Teamsters hurl racist and abusive language at Top Chef staff | Daily Mail Online
Well, to be honest when you just said “to screw ups”, that got my attention and says more in my book than hof jr. Saying “I’m in bed with ups “….jmo but we’ll see how this will all go down very soon.

nWo

This has to be the most shameful thread on this entire forum. The mental gymnastics used to justify local 25s actions in here. I mean Jesus guys. Took 15 posts before someone was calling a teamster who had his entire check drained by local 25 a "freeloader."

nWo

Now that the Boston Bully won and has taken office. Can y'all finally admit that local 25 draining entire paychecks of seasonal employees making minimum wage was wrong?