LOCAL 391 is GARBAGE

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I've driven package car as a temp. It was as bad as expected. The same money can be had while not losing an entire life to this stupid job.

That's because I don't have to jump into a trash can (FT permanent) to know that it stinks. Seeing all the bitter old men limping back to the parking lot at 9pm for five days a week was plenty.
Go work for Amazon

wilberforce15

Like.... when ?

If it was such a traumatic event in you life, I'm sure you would have a better recollection.
It wasn't traumatic. I was gone from my family for a few months, made a few bucks, and saw clearly it was fine for a season, but not worth it for a lifetime. Easy peasy.

It would be traumatic to do the same thing for decades. That's why drivers have such broken homes and delayed retirements.

wilberforce15

Wait.... what ?

You've loaded trucks for 20 years (part-time) ?
Yep. I've loaded trucks for 20 years part time. It's a beautiful thing. About 6 or 7 paid weeks off once you count holidays and individual days, free benefits, no stress enough of a workout to keep from being a fatty, and plenty of time to make good money during the day on a more flexible fashion than driving.

Even I am jealous of me.

Wait, are you that bad at reading?

I said driving was fine for months but the same thing over decades would suck. Wow. You're really ridin the short bus.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Yep. I've loaded trucks for 20 years part time. It's a beautiful thing. About 6 or 7 paid weeks off once you count holidays and individual days, free benefits, no stress enough of a workout to keep from being a fatty, and plenty of time to make good money during the day on a more flexible fashion than driving.

Even I am jealous of me.

Wait, are you that bad at reading?

I said driving was fine for months but the same thing over decades would suck. Wow. You're really ridin the short bus.

And you want to slam the Union.... for providing that for you ?