LOCAL 391 is GARBAGE

PT Car Washer

Amazingly, union members understood you have to make sure that people get benefits from unionization.

If you get a job and your unorganized neighbor makes more than you, the union isn't going to get a lot of love or participation.
It's not enough to dangle the thought of an imaginary $100k/yr job at some point in your life for the reality of loading trailers for 3 1/2 to 9 hours a day for $15/hr. Then find out the FT job pays $20/hr 12 hours a day and sometimes 6 days a week. While the $40/hr drivers are going home at 4:30 to 5:30 everyday.

wilberforce15

It's not enough to dangle the thought of an imaginary $100k/yr job at some point in your life for the reality of loading trailers for 3 1/2 to 9 hours a day for $15/hr.
Yep. Both management and FT hourlies dont' understand that their future coworkers will be pulled from whoever starts at the given starting wage.

FTers will be a bunch of bums if they hire a bunch of bums as PTers.

Higher PT wages give you better FTers.

PT Car Washer

Yep. Both management and FT hourlies dont' understand that their future coworkers will be pulled from whoever starts at the given starting wage.

FTers will be a bunch of bums if they hire a bunch of bums as PTers.

Higher PT wages give you better FTers.
UPS can't find any PTers to go into a driving job. When they see just how much the job sucks working PT, who would want to do it FT for the same money?

wilberforce15

UPS can't find any PTers to go into a driving job. When they see just how much the job sucks working PT, who would want to do it FT for the same money?
Meeting enough drivers is why I'm PT. For sure.

They're just a bunch of abused dogs. It doesn't matter how nice they once were, after they've been randomly kicked by an abusive owner for decades, they lash out at anything.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Meeting enough drivers is why I'm PT. For sure.

They're just a bunch of abused dogs. It doesn't matter how nice they once were, after they've been randomly kicked by an abusive owner for decades, they lash out at anything.

You’re not wrong about some of these guys but it’s hard to find any good paying job that doesn’t kick you around some. It’s up to you as an individual whether you are going to let it get to you.

wilberforce15

You’re not wrong about some of these guys but it’s hard to find any good paying job that doesn’t kick you around some. It’s up to you as an individual whether you are going to let it get to you.
For anyone with a family, it should get to them. It has to get to them, if they love their family.

Working 9 to 9 for decades is not acceptable.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
They are weak crybabies that can’t take hard work

UnionStrong

9pm to 9am allows for a ton of family time. Feeders is infinitely better than package.

9am to 9pm destroys a life.

That's why feeder drivers are happy, and package car drivers are not.
I never worked til 9pm in my entire career, I was home by 7 the latest. And my wife didn’t support me. Grow up sonny!

wilberforce15

I never worked til 9pm in my entire career, I was home by 7 the latest. And my wife didn’t support me
Wait, your career is over?

First, you're lying. Second, if you're that much of a geezer, you worked for a completely different company and your experience is irrelevant.
You_Sit_On_A_Throne_Of_Lies.jpg

wilberforce15

I made 4 years of package car top pay in a day, sent a 120k check to Resident Biden for the privilege of accessing my money, and paid off the house.

Then I went and loaded trucks.

Don't be jelly.

UnionStrong

Wait, your career is over?

First, you're lying. Second, if you're that much of a geezer, you worked for a completely different company and your experience is irrelevant. View attachment 354103
You’re a slacker, typical. Let your wife support you! Second, I’m not lying you are, to yourself.
Which is it I’m lying or it was completely different company? You sound very confused. Maybe you should get you’re estrogen level checked. Keep sipping Soy milk, I hear that helps! 🤣

Last edited:

wilberforce15

Being that you have never worked in either classification.... renders your point moot.
I've driven package car as a temp. It was as bad as expected. The same money can be had while not losing an entire life to this stupid job.

That's because I don't have to jump into a trash can (FT permanent) to know that it stinks. Seeing all the bitter old men limping back to the parking lot at 9pm for five days a week was plenty.