LOCAL 391 is GARBAGE

Overpaid Union Thug

Inaction is the smart action.

Instead of fighting your ignorant butt to get a dollar, they walk down to walmart and get 2 dollars. That's smart.

I'm not complaining. I like my job. I'm just fine. I vote.

But a new person has no reason to do any of those things. He should just go get a better job the same day, with no fight.
I sure hope none of the younger employees in your building are listening to your advice. You are just as dangerous as what many in here would call a scab.
I love how Walmart keeps being used. They can go to Walmart or where ever and hope and pray for a raise every year. Start our a dollar higher and be stuck at that rate for 5 years.
“But but but they can get that two dolllars nooowwwww! Annnnnd they have air conditioning! Derp…derp….derp…”

wilberforce15

I sure hope none of the younger employees in your building are listening to your advice. You are just as dangerous as what many in here would call a scab.

“But but but they can get that two dolllars nooowwwww! Annnnnd they have air conditioning! Derp…derp….derp…”
They're all already smart enough to do it without me saying. UPS is harder work for less money. Others are more money for less work. And they don't care about benefits or pension. It's a no-brainer.

You've made the contract so bad for new people that leaving is the easiest decision they could make. And most obvious.

Overpaid Union Thug

They're all already smart enough to do it without me saying. UPS is harder work for less money. Others are more money for less work. And they don't care about benefits or pension. It's a no-brainer.
That’s not smart. It’s called ignorance and short sidedness. And one doesn’t need to desire a pension or benefits to desire better working conditions. They could potentially have it if they simply got enough people to vote. Until then….stop blaming others.
You've made the contract so bad for new people that leaving is the easiest decision they could make. And most obvious.
ANYONE that hasn’t voted is at fault. It’s simple math.

wilberforce15

That’s not smart. It’s called ignorance and short sidedness. And one doesn’t need to desire a pension or benefits to desire better working conditions. They could potentially have it if they simply got enough people to vote. Until then….stop blaming others.

ANYONE that hasn’t voted is at fault. It’s simple math.
They don't need to vote for better working conditions. They don't need to vote for more pay. They don't need to attend a union meeting. They don't need to learn a contract.

They needed to apply at Walmart. And they did. And they got all those things instantly without a fight.

Overpaid Union Thug

They don't need to vote for better working conditions. They don't need to vote for more pay. They don't need to attend a union meeting. They don't need to learn a contract.

They needed to apply at Walmart. And they did. And they got all those things instantly without a fight.
You are short sided and weak. Probably a freeloader “scab” as well.

Overpaid Union Thug

That's a great counter-argument.

Why should a new person care about a union that can't beat walmart?
Wow you’re thick headed. A new person wouldn’t feel the need to ditch UPS for Walmart if previous part timers hadn’t been so lazy and apathetic about their contract. A new person, along with seniority par timers such as yourself, COULD vote for changes in the contract that benefit you.

But it’s easier to be a lazy malcontent and give up.

wilberforce15

Wow you’re thick headed. A new person wouldn’t feel the need to ditch UPS for Walmart if previous part timers hadn’t been so lazy and apathetic about their contract. A new person, along with seniority par timers such as yourself, COULD vote for changes in the contract that benefit you.

But it’s easier to be a lazy malcontent and give up.
So you're agreeing that the teamsters negotiated, recommended, and ratified deals that are worse for part-timers than if the teamsters didn't exist.

And you want PTers to invest more in this group? Lol

wilberforce15

It is the job of the old timers to set the new guys up right. That is how you secure the unions future.

The guys in the 60s and 70s took care of PTers and gave them fantastic 8.50 in the 80s. Part timers didn't do that. Full timers did that for the PTers.

Because the FTers understood how a union works. You're just a gimmegimmegimme.

Rack em

Made the Podium
It is the job of the old timers to set the new guys up right. That is how you secure the unions future.

The guys in the 60s and 70s took care of PTers and gave them fantastic 8.50 in the 80s. Part timers didn't do thay. Full timers did that for the PTers.

I 100% agree that we have fallen short as a union and not looked out for everyone as a whole. Too many people today are all about themselves and don't care about the long term of anyone else or the union. We need to get back to solidarity or we will slowly be phased out.

Overpaid Union Thug

So you're agreeing that the teamsters negotiated, recommended, and ratified deals that are worse for part-timers than if the teamsters didn't exist.

And you want PTers to invest more in this group? Lol

No. Those that DIDN’T vote failed to secure a better deal. Nice try though.

The guys in the 60s and 70s took care of PTers and gave them fantastic 8.50 in the 80s. Part timers didn't do that. Full timers did that for the PTers.

Why are you still waiting for someone else to vote for you? And have you even considered that maybe the reason full-timers (for the most part) don’t negotiate or vote with part-timers in mind is because of the lackadaisical attitudes you all radiate on a daily basis?

wilberforce15

No. Those that DIDN’T vote failed to secure a better deal. Nice try though.

Why are you still waiting for someone else to vote for you? And have you even considered that maybe the reason full-timers (for the most part) don’t negotiate or vote with part-timers in mind is because of the lackadaisical attitudes you all radiate on a daily basis?
So you want people to work better for less pay than Walmart, and they're the entitled ones for not giving it to you?

Newsflash: we hire the bottom of the barrel because we pay for the bottom of the barrel.

In the 80s, UPS could choose anybody from a line of hundreds down my hubs street, and they'd wait months for the chance to get a PT job. You got good people. And you could expect stuff from them..

You gave that up.

Overpaid Union Thug

So you want people to work better for less pay than Walmart, and they're the entitled ones for not giving it to you?

Newsflash: we hire the bottom of the barrel because we pay for the bottom of the barrel.

In the 80s, UPS could choose anybody from a line of hundreds down my hubs street, and they'd wait months for the chance to get a PT job. You got good people. And you could expect stuff from them..

You gave that up.
You will never figure this out until you get over the childish habit of blaming others for your own mistakes. Especially when the mistake was inaction.

When the Teamsters allowed UPS to use PT labor they made sure the PT had the same wages and benefits. That was to protect the FT jobs. You would never have PT delivery drivers or 22.4 drivers or a 4 year progression or sups working if the Teamsters hadn't allowed concessions every contract. It all started with the 2 tier PT wage scale.

wilberforce15

When the Teamsters allowed UPS to use PT labor they made sure the PT had the same wages and benefits. That was to protect the FT jobs. You would never have PT delivery drivers or 22.4 drivers or a 4 year progression or sups working if the Teamsters hadn't allowed concessions every contract. It all started with the 2 tier PT wage scale.
Amazingly, union members understood you have to make sure that people get benefits from unionization.

If you get a job and your unorganized neighbor makes more than you, the union isn't going to get a lot of love or participation.