Local 710 - how are you voting

How are you voting?

• For

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Against

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters

710 steward

Has everything to do with healthcare. If teamcare wasn't created the contract would of passed. But now you know teamcare is staying no matter what, so you focus on something else. You say you like helping people, get everyone to write a letter to 710 about a pension increase. Voting no because of the pension is as stupid as voting no because you hate your route. What building are you steward in? Bet you won't say.

Baboon

Teamcare was a done deal BEFORE the National was ever voted on. The pension increase has been a hot topic for almost two years now at the monthly meetings. In fact there is a letter that was written on behalf of the membership which is now being passed around like a petition for all full time people to sign. Obviously you are not in 710 or if you are don't have a clue what's going on behind the scenes. Not obligated to give my location. This is an anonymous site. Nice try though.

Last edited:

babboo25

Banned
Baboon

Teamcare was a done deal BEFORE the National was ever voted on. The pension increase has been a hot topic for almost two years now at the monthly meetings. In fact there is a letter that was written on behalf of the membership which is now being passed around like a petition for all full time people to sign. Obviously you are not in 710 or if you are don't have a clue what's going on behind the scenes. Not obligated to give my location. This is an anonymous site. Nice try though.
I've been in 710 since 1996, KH just retired as our BA, you are a coward.

HollandMan73

Do you think 710 will raise the pension before our contributions EXCEED the monthly pay out? These numbers just don't add up......I'm not an accountant by any means but just do the simple math: 2400 × 12 = 28,800 × 30 years is around $900,000.00 with NO compounded interest! 5% compound interest is close to $2,000,000.00 5% on 900,000(no compounded interest) would pay out 45,000 a year or $100,000 a year on $2,000,000 (5% compounded) WITHOUT touching the principal. WTF!

HollandMan73

Heck...if 710 members took a vote today....how many would vote to freeze their pensions and just take $400 a week now up to $600 a week by the end of the contract right in to their 401k? I would vote yes in a heartbeat! Even if 710 raises the payout by $200 a month----BFD! It should have been raised years ago!

babboo25

Banned
Sure I am. What does he have to do with anything unless you are calling him and reporting what's happening here? If that's the case don't look in the mirror.
Look in the mirror? I'm not on here slamming Our union, you seem a little paranoid but its justifiable. I'd watch what I post if I were you.

710 steward

Look in the mirror? I'm not on here slamming Our union, you seem a little paranoid but its justifiable. I'd watch what I post if I were you.

More accusations. Sure I'm paranoid. Believe what you will. Throw what you have to out there and try to get what you can to stick. I honestly don't care and anyone with half a brain sees through your protect the establishment mentality. I have detailed problems within our union and very very few have disagreed or tried to show me where I could be mistaken. Apparently you like a union with failing pension funds and dwindling membership. Continue to be a sheep for the former leadership. They need people like you to still feel involved and important. My goal is to stop the bleeding from within and if we stand by to do nothing we will go belly up sooner than later.

babboo25

Banned
More accusations. Sure I'm paranoid. Believe what you will. Throw what you have to out there and try to get what you can to stick. I honestly don't care and anyone with half a brain sees through your protect the establishment mentality. I have detailed problems within our union and very very few have disagreed or tried to show me where I could be mistaken. Apparently you like a union with failing pension funds and dwindling membership. Continue to be a sheep for the former leadership. They need people like you to still feel involved and important. My goal is to stop the bleeding from within and if we stand by to do nothing we will go belly up sooner than later.
You do it thru an anonymous chat room, coward.

710 steward

Heck...if 710 members took a vote today....how many would vote to freeze their pensions and just take $400 a week now up to $600 a week by the end of the contract right in to their 401k? I would vote yes in a heartbeat! Even if 710 raises the payout by $200 a month----BFD! It should have been raised years ago!

I totally agree. How many folks regardless of years of service would vote for a freeze to use the majority of the increases to fund their 401k's? Truth be told everyone. I have thought this many times myself my friend. I couldn't agree more.

upsgrunt

I totally agree. How many folks regardless of years of service would vote for a freeze to use the majority of the increases to fund their 401k's? Truth be told everyone. I have thought this many times myself my friend. I couldn't agree more.

Unfortunately, if we don't get a pay rate raise, the union can't raise their dues. You tell me what is most important to them.

Markey11

Most people at my center a voting yes. Mostly because this been going on to long and we just want some security and to get on with our lives. This is the best the committee could do. We are alone now as well. Does anyone think the other 250,000 other members are going to stand by us, after we snubbed them when they were on strike? No they will not. Also I've been here 30 yrs. and the healthcare concerns are going to affect me sooner than later. Vote YES!

babboo25

Banned
Most people at my center a voting yes. Mostly because this been going on to long and we just want some security and to get on with our lives. This is the best the committee could do. We are alone now as well. Does anyone think the other 250,000 other members are going to stand by us, after we snubbed them when they were on strike? No they will not. Also I've been here 30 yrs. and the healthcare concerns are going to affect me sooner than later. Vote YES!
Finally someone with a brain. It's gonna pass guaranteed, international is counting votes this time, not 710 committee.

710 steward

Finally someone with a brain. It's gonna pass guaranteed, international is counting votes this time, not 710 committee.

Baboon

This post is beyond hilarious. Do you even realize what you are saying??? Let me fill you in. You are saying the vote is fixed to pass only because the IBT is counting the votes. This is what's known as "genius" except NOT!!!!! :villagewrong:

babboo25

Banned
Baboon

This post is beyond hilarious. Do you even realize what you are saying??? Let me fill you in. You are saying the vote is fixed to pass only because the IBT is counting the votes. This is what's known as "genius" except NOT!!!!! :villagewrong:
Uh I was joking there Sherlock, how embarrassing for you.