Local 710 - how are you voting

How are you voting?

• For

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Against

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters

O/C

I believe that it will pass, it will be close. Just too many members that want that retro check, particularly part timers. That being say. How does everybody feel about having two separate contracts one for part timers and one for full timers. It is getting old when part timers with less than than a year seniority starts effecting our retirement and our retirees benefits. Another consideration would be counting part time votes as one half of the full timer, best yet would for every year worked count as a vote, for example any member with 25 years seniority makes 25 votes yes or nay. Just a thought.

Sent using BrownCafe App

babboo25

Banned
Any full timer telling you they are voting no is telling you the truth. Back pay means nothing compared to nothing happening for theses people's retirement.
So are you willing to strike over this? If so what will your picket sign say, "We have to pay for our healthcare when we retire"? Good Luck with that. This is a wake up call for people to start saving and not rely 100% on a pension.

710 steward

So are you willing to strike over this? If so what will your picket sign say, "We have to pay for our healthcare when we retire"? Good Luck with that. This is a wake up call for people to start saving and not rely 100% on a pension.

What are you talking about??? I'm talking about 17 years without a pension increase. I'm talking about $450 a week ballpark figure going into a pension fund without a pension increase on sight. I'm talking about no other alternatives from this union to help offset the fact that they cannot give a pension increase. Maybe ask questions before you jump to conclusions. Members have the right to be unhappy with that figure going to a pension department that isn't doing anything for them. Who said anything about healthcare????

first lady hh 3

Smalls n everything else!
Tentative agreement has been reached, with the addition of TEAMCARE
Yuuccck! Don't do it YOU Will be soooo Sorry. Juan sucked us into THIS Vortext!!!
Unless you've broken anything & require less than a 6 hour stay in the emergency room, you will be on the hook for 20 percent of all costs.

babboo25

Banned
What are you talking about??? I'm talking about 17 years without a pension increase. I'm talking about $450 a week ballpark figure going into a pension fund without a pension increase on sight. I'm talking about no other alternatives from this union to help offset the fact that they cannot give a pension increase. Maybe ask questions before you jump to conclusions. Members have the right to be unhappy with that figure going to a pension department that isn't doing anything for them. Who said anything about healthcare????
Pension increase? Wtf does that have to do with this contract? Absolutely nothing, Contributions yes, it sounds like you are just bitter, complainer and a whiner, doubt your even a steward. Hopefully youre not anyway. Good luck on your No vote campaign

Last edited:

710 steward

Pension increase? Wtf does that have to do with this contract? Absolutely nothing, Contributions yes, it sounds like you are just bitter, complainer and a whiner, doubt your even a steward. Hopefully youre not anyway. Good luck on your No vote campaign

It was part of 705's contract. This sentiment is now beginning to grow. People voting no until 710 does something about retirement. What does that have to do with the contract? In reality nothing. What leverage is there once it's ratified? None. It doesn't make me or anyone else bitter or a whiner. Just concerned about our future and there is nothing wrong with that.

So baboon, again I ask you, what does my post have to do with health insurance? This should be an easy considering you have all the answers. And yes been a steward for over a decade. Dedicated to helping everyone I can during my time.

Re-Raise

It was part of 705's contract. This sentiment is now beginning to grow. People voting no until 710 does something about retirement. What does that have to do with the contract? In reality nothing. What leverage is there once it's ratified? None. It doesn't make me or anyone else bitter or a whiner. Just concerned about our future and there is nothing wrong with that.

So baboon, again I ask you, what does my post have to do with health insurance? This should be an easy considering you have all the answers. And yes been a steward for over a decade. Dedicated to helping everyone I can during my time.
How was a pension increase included in 705's contract with UPS?

Re-Raise

'
They listed a $200 increase to the pension if it passed. It passed.
$200 increase in UPS contributions for current employees or $200 increase paid out to retirees at any number of years?

Pension distributions are NOT a contract issue with UPS. Only pension contributions made as part of the employee's compensation.

Last edited:

Teeitup

I was informed by a B.A. that some part timers WONT be getting back pay because they have been getting their raises through progression.

Attachments

• upload_2015-1-23_21-5-50.png
    upload_2015-1-23_21-5-50.png
    119.9 KB · Views: 103

710 steward

'
$200 increase in UPS contributions for current employees or $200 increase paid out to retirees at any number of years?

Pension distributions are NOT a contract issue with UPS. Only pension contributions made as part of the employee's compensation.

An increase of $200 monthly for future retirees. For some reason they tied it into the contract.

Re-Raise

An increase of $200 monthly for future retirees. For some reason they tied it into the contract.

$200 across the board regardless of years? How does this break down if someone goes at 25 years compared to 30 years?

Can anyone from 705 confirm this? I asked Flynn right to his face about this and he claimed in front of our center that pension distributions depended on the financial condition of the pension fund and was revisited based on those numbers and had nothing to do with the contract offer.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

$200 across the board regardless of years? How does this break down if someone goes at 25 years compared to 30 years?

Can anyone from 705 confirm this? I asked Flynn right to his face about this and he claimed in front of our center that pension distributions depended on the financial condition of the pension fund and was revisited based on those numbers and had nothing to do with the contract offer.

Flynn was right----pension distributions have nothing to do with the contract offer.

babboo25

Banned

Has everything to do with healthcare. If teamcare wasn't created the contract would of passed. But now you know teamcare is staying no matter what, so you focus on something else. You say you like helping people, get everyone to write a letter to 710 about a pension increase. Voting no because of the pension is as stupid as voting no because you hate your route. What building are you steward in? Bet you won't say.