Local 710 no retro pay???

upsyo

8B61D79A-E55B-4903-94C6-5103F9B3413F.jpeg
Doesn’t look like we will get retroactive pay looking at this

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
As per the tentative agreement, "NOTE: MONETARY CHANGES MADE HEREIN ARE TENTATIVELY AGREED TO BE RETROACTIVE TO AUGUST 1, 2018"

So we do get retro pay.

Maplewood

They only strike language when they agree to change it. Every line of the last contract referred to 2013. Anything that has changed would have a line thru it.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
There’s no way they can hold back any retro pay... no way in fk!! You need to file complaints with the bureau of wage labor and Industry... I’m sure they would have something to say about that

cachmeifucan

If you make 11 dollars a hour and are going up to 15 a hour. You will NOT be getting 4 dollars worth of retro pay from August 1st. The language is manipulated. Anyone who did not have 40 days completed will be going up to 13$ a hour and they are NOT Getting a retro check from the 10.35 a hour to 13. If your raise is a measly.70 cents you will get a a highly taxed retro check. This contract sucks .70cents doesn't keep up with inflation. In local 705 only the full time employee with 30 years full time will receive a pension increase. And that isn't even guaranteed. I'm sure now that it's almost ratified our health insurance will go up for current members and definitely the retirees. Vote no 705. Most 22.3 will never make it to 30 years full time. Most 22.3 jobs are given in the last year of a five year contract. Triple time for supervisors working after the third occurrence and it takes months just to get 1 small grievance paid because the union allows the company to deadlock it. It's definitely not a good contract for anyone other than a driver that will do 30 years full-time. But because the dumb uneducated part time employee that they bus in don't vote the few control the many. I'm happy for the drivers and I could actually do 30 years as a 22.3 considering I got 14 years full-time at 40 so 16 to go but I was not trying to do almost 40 years with my part time service. Ups stock is dropping like a lead weight. The Democrats are trying to sink economy to blame trump. So in 5 years I can just imagine how bad it will get.

cachmeifucan

I'm not a driver but I still would like them to have better 9.5 language to prevent excessive overtime. But most drivers only care about themselves so sad. So 13 will be starting pay . So by next peak season that won't be enough to get the temporary labor so the bonuses will be back. Ups got lucky with almost a billion dollars tax cut and no huge snow storm before Christmas and the stock is dropping. So just imagine next contract for a way worse contract although sloffa may be in retirement hopefully unless his cronies win were are screwed.

Goku

If you make 11 dollars a hour and are going up to 15 a hour. You will NOT be getting 4 dollars worth of retro pay from August 1st. The language is manipulated.

The language says that pay is retroactive to august 1st. They have been telling new hires for the last 6 months that they will get backpay and a retro check once the new contract takes effect. There isn't much room for interpretation here. The text is crossed out because it needs to be updated to show changes of the new contract. There's just nothing UPS can do to escape this one, and if they try they are asking for more negative press and probably a lawsuit. At this rate the contract is already going to be almost a year late.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
The language says that pay is retroactive to august 1st. They have been telling new hires for the last 6 months that they will get backpay and a retro check once the new contract takes effect. There isn't much room for interpretation here. The text is crossed out because it needs to be updated to show changes of the new contract. There's just nothing UPS can do to escape this one, and if they try they are asking for more negative press and probably a lawsuit. At this rate the contract is already going to be almost a year late.
What is start pay at now like 10 or 11and it will be bumped up to 13 so they are going to get 2 or 3 dollars times their hours worked. That's s big check