local 804 pension problems

local804

Local 804-They don't pay by the hour, they pay by the week. Do you know that if you only work one day a week(like that's going to happen), they still pay the full week into the pension plan?

The point I am trying to make is that no matter how many hours you work in a week, you only get 40 added to the pension plan. 10 extra hours a week times 52 weeks is more than the part-timers work all year.(simple math)
Thats 520 hours that could/should be used towards our pension.
Channon,
Request load- (notice how it is not plural) is given by contract 1 per day per 70 drivers. If you are lucky, you might get 2 in a month, that is if you are lucky. The grieve over 9.5 is always an option if the employee wants to go that route. 1.49 hours x 5 days= 7.45+ (.25x5 added coffee)1.25= 8.7 hours overtime per week without even being excessive.

Channahon

Channon,
Request load- (notice how it is not plural) is given by contract 1 per day per 70 drivers. If you are lucky, you might get 2 in a month, that is if you are lucky. The grieve over 9.5 is always an option if the employee wants to go that route. 1.49 hours x 5 days= 7.45+ (.25x5 added coffee)1.25= 8.7 hours overtime per week without even being excessive.
I apologize - is that a local thing for 804?
Never heard of the 1/70 driver ratio before

local804

Yes it is part of the Local 804 contact.
Article3 Section4

It is understood that at least one request will be granted in each center per day and the employee shall not work more than 8 hours.

Our building used to have 6 centers of approx 35 people. They made 6 centers 3 and now we have approx 70 men/women per center.

beentheredonethat

Yes it is part of the Local 804 contact.
Article3 Section4

It is understood that at least one request will be granted in each center per day and the employee shall not work more than 8 hours.

Our building used to have 6 centers of approx 35 people. They made 6 centers 3 and now we have approx 70 men/women per center.

Local804, different supplements pay the benefits differently. In some cases it's by the hour with a 40 hr cap. In others it's a set amount if you qualify for the month. In all cases both parties mgmt and the teamsters know what will be spent on Pension. I know the easy answer is to have UPS pay more, and I'm sure you won't believe it since I'm in mgmt and writing it. But get the following information for you, which is the amount contributed on your behalf to the pension by week\month from the time you started til now, along with what the estimated future benefits are (based on contract) bring these numbers to a financial planner and ask him what you should be able to get in an annuity when you retire. (All this money UPS put in for your hours worked should be for YOU!!) Compare what the financial planner says to what your anticipated teamster pension will provide. If the annuity is less then the pension, then the teamster pension is a good deal and returning good results. If the more likely case happens and the annuity is significantly more then you should show it to your pension board and to paraphrase Cuba Gooding JR. tell them to "SHOW ME THE MONEY".

U

UPS Freight worker

The apwa is solicting for money on there web site! There has to be someone who can tell me when the first election for the apwa is going to be, and at what location? Not some hearsay, but an actual NLRB certified election! Who do they represent? How many contracts have they negotiated? Why do they need donations from perspective members, if they are a true union? They state on there site that if they don't receive the donations there campain will stop! Who would sign up for a so-called union with no money in its coffers? How are they going to bargain with a 40 billion dollar a year company? I'd rather save my $150.00 and remain non-union!