Local 952 wins again! Bye bye TDU!

LagunaBrown

Check out this "TDU math".

By your numbers, the company could offer a dollar for dollar match, up to the $18,000 annual max in a 401k plan and save at least $2,500 per employee.

Provided that my TDU calculator is accurate, if an driver takes advantage of this program and maxes out each year, they would have over $1 million without even realizing a penny of interest over that 30 years (burying it in my backyard).

Realize an average of 6% investing it (which is reasonable and the standard), compounded over 30 years, and you would have an enormous amount of money that I can't calculate on what's left of my lunch break.
That is a horrible idea...... You are giving UPS a huge break because their "dollar for dollar matching contributions" are based on members contributions over 30 years.
Besides the company saving $2,500 per employee, most guys would not even contribute that much especially because part timers take 10 years to go full time driving. 18k a year is a huge chunk of a part time employee's total earnings or any employees earnings for that matter. Your TDU math is crap, I never you were such a company guy! Sound like you enjoy giving concessions away buddy!

The hourly pension contributions are the way to go and then employees should separately put money into a 401k to diversify. PERIOD. (The WCTP fund will let you self manage you money as well).

This has proven to be a big IF for those of us in Central States.
Every single one of your screwball ideas are based off "IF" scenarios. TDU goofballs on the internet has all the answers.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The negotiated pension is a group benefit, and when professionally and properly operated will last indefinitely. Union contracts normally negotiate on behalf of the group rather than the individual. It's why it's called a "union".

You are assuming a lot with this statement.

The problems come in when the investments do not get their expected returns or, in the case of a multi-employer pension plan, participating companies either drop out, pay a withdrawal liability and convert their members to a 401k, or stop making their contributions altogether. The results in more retirees than actives and it doesn't take a math major to see why this formula just does not work.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

The problems come in when the investments do not get their expected returns or, in the case of a multi-employer pension plan, participating companies either drop out, pay a withdrawal liability and convert their members to a 401k, or stop making their contributions altogether. The results in more retirees than actives and it doesn't take a math major to see why this formula just does not work.
How does a company that made every negotiated payment to a pension fund while in business, have a "withdraw liability" when they close the doors?
I can't get my head around this?

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
How does a company that made every negotiated payment to a pension fund while in business, have a "withdraw liability" when they close the doors?
I can't get my head around this?
Because they just are not paying for the pensions of their employees.

They are paying the pensions of all the members who's companies went out of business (orphans) left in the plan.

So UPS is paying money into many pension plans that 100% of that money isn't going to their employees pensions, it's going to others pensions too.

realbrown1

Why do you see this, I see this, some others see this, and some on here think that this type of retirement vehicle is the best thing going?

realbrown1

http://www.ifebp.org/inforequest/0159257.pdf

What is FS (and that slate) plans for Central States ?

They won't say....

-Bug-
If you think that anyone can save the CSPF now, at this late stage of collapse, you clearly are not a person that should be advising anyone of anything related to Teamster pension plans.

The CSPF is gone.

H had 17 years to try and save it.

That ship sailed years ago.

If you think that anyone can save the CSPF now, at this late stage of collapse, you clearly are not a person that should be advising anyone of anything related to Teamster pension plans.

The CSPF is gone.

H had 17 years to try and save it.

That ship sailed years ago.
Suckerman is the maroon whe said he could fix it.

realbrown1

Um....

You must have me confused, with someone else.

Not yet.

That's funny.

TDU's president.... single handily.... destroyed CSPF.

-Bug-
The CSPF retirees are going to take 60% to 70% pension cuts.

Current workers in CSPF will take cuts in their future pensions.

There may be more cuts later.

The fund is screwed.

Too bad we didn't have a GP who 15, 16 years ago didn't go to congress to change the rules that would have been allowed to make cuts to retiree pensions and lower the accrual rate for current workers.

Maybe those cuts would have been 10% to 15% not the 60% to 70% cuts we have today, which are DEVESTATING to the retirees.

Last edited:

5habits100

Suckerman is the maroon whe said he could fix it.
Speaking of TDU scum bags how about DA who claims to be a christian and against corruption threatening you for voicing you opinion or thoughts????
He is the same guy who didn't have the balls to run in the delegates election because he can't win. He has a few and I mean a few people that follow him. He won't run in the local election either, he will get other people to do it because he is all talk and can't do the job.
He is no christian.

5habits100

The CSPF retirees are going to take 60% to 70% pension cuts.

Current workers in CSPF will take cuts in their future pensions.

There may be more cuts later.

The fund is screwed.

Too bad we didn't have a GP who 15, 16 years ago didn't go to congress to change the rules that would have been allowed to make cuts to retiree pensions and lower the accrual rate for current workers.

Maybe those cuts would have been 10% to 15% not the 60% to 70% cuts we have today, which are DEVESTATING to the retirees.
Too bad the TDU hero made the changes that screwed the plan years ago

Speaking of TDU scum bags how about DA who claims to be a christian and against corruption threatening you for voicing you opinion or thoughts????
He is the same guy who didn't have the balls to run in the delegates election because he can't win. He has a few and I mean a few people that follow him. He won't run in the local election either, he will get other people to do it because he is all talk and can't do the job.
He is no christian.
That's why I didn't nt give advice to people on this forum anyone. They turn on you like a teenage girl.