Local 952 wins again! Bye bye TDU!

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
So conversely, if you lose Saturday, will your campaign then be a "waste"?...and will you then be Realbrown's equal by your own rationale?
Not equal.

I did not run.

I just supported EE's slate.

Along with 400 plus members that supported EE's slate.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I will say this out of 8400 members in our local only 1407 voted... And out of those only 1327 were valid ... If our local had leadership that really cared about our members and kept them informed and up to date on what is going on those numbers would be tripled.

So, let me get this straight.

If the incumbents (winners) would have done a better job informing the members....

More people would have voted, giving the challengers a better opportunity to win ?

That must be some kind of California TDU logic.

Or, the result of those medical marijuana cards.

Voter apathy is the result of two things:

1.) Trust and contentment, with the current leadership. Or,

2.) Resentment.... of the challengers constant negative campaigning.

"H and H suck, the sky is falling, and we will fix it"

Yea right.

Members aren't that dumb.

-Bug-

realbrown1

So, let me get this straight.

If the incumbents (winners) would have done a better job informing the members....

More people would have voted, giving the challengers a better opportunity to win ?

That must be some kind of California TDU logic.

Or, the result of those medical marijuana cards.

Voter apathy is the result of two things:

1.) Trust and contentment, with the current leadership. Or,

2.) Resentment.... of the challengers constant negative campaigning.

"H and H suck, the sky is falling, and we will fix it"

Yea right.

Members aren't that dumb.

-Bug-
Having 7000 members out of 8400 not voting is pathetic.

If PK was doing a good job, a lot more would have voted.

And voted for PK.

I campaigned with EE at several barns, after the nominations, around the time the ballots were mailed, and we were the ones who were letting the membership know that there is a delegate election, and what a delegate election is.

That is pathetic.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.

And voted for PK.

I campaigned with EE at several barns, after the nominations, around the time the ballots were mailed, and we were the ones who were letting the membership know that there is a delegate election, and what a delegate election is.

That is pathetic.
Next time you should get PK to help you campaign...or else?
image.jpeg

Inthegame

And voted for PK.

That is pathetic.
Yet if your guys won and 1200 members voted, you'd claim a mandate. Delegate elections are historically low turnout events with the exception being a popular "homer" candidate. Your guy isn't as popular as you'd like.

And voted for PK.

That is pathetic.
Tissue???????

realbrown1

Yet if your guys won and 1200 members voted, you'd claim a mandate. Delegate elections are historically low turnout events with the exception being a popular "homer" candidate. Your guy isn't as popular as you'd like.
You don't know what they would say.

1200 members voting is sad.

Apathy is PK's best friend.

Inthegame

You don't know what they would say.

1200 members voting is sad.

Apathy is PK's best friend.
Hmmm, And you're just learning that? If so, your guys failed to "light" the fire. Don't blame PK for what your guys failed to do. Obviously, despite your suggestions to the contrary, your efforts (at least in your local) have failed.
Remember the definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results. Maybe you need a new course.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Hmmm, And you're just learning that? If so, your guys failed to "light" the fire. Don't blame PK for what your guys failed to do. Obviously, despite your suggestions to the contrary, your efforts (at least in your local) have failed.
Remember the definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results. Maybe you need a new course.
"Food for thought" for our entire union structure?

Inthegame

Could be applied to more than just the union structure, but I was limiting my response to just this local and just this very confident poster. It appears this locals membership doesn't quite have the level of dissatisfaction that was presented.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Lackadaisical campaigning....

Will never win a Local Delegate election.

With so many companies being a 24/7 operation....

Does your slate lack motivation ?

Or, do they need their beauty sleep ?

Just curious.... if you're serious.

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Lackadaisical campaigning....

Will never win a Local Delegate election.

With so many companies being a 24/7 operation....

Does your slate lack motivation ?

Or, do they need their beauty sleep ?

Just curious.... if you're serious.

-Bug-
We're leading the league in minutes, hours, and days.

LagunaBrown

That is pathetic.
image.png

Everyone knows your full of :censored2:. Once again the members have spoken and have continued to reject Edgar at every election since 2010. Have a great night.

Last edited:

LagunaBrown

1. They say the WR177healthcare for actives is 80/20.... Just call the back of you insurance card and get the truth. It's that easy to catch a liar.

2. They say your losing money into pension by diverting to healthcare. If you hit your 2080 hours your actually contributing $20,488 to pension each year and getting $102,440 for the life of the contract. Last contact maxed out at $86,320 so you are putting more in than ever! Math does not lie and these numbers are in your contract....... Read it!

3. They say they your paying for healthcare. The fact is UPS gives money to the TEAMSTERS that was bargained for and the TEAMSTERS then place that money where it is needed each contract (Pension, Healthcare or Wages). These amounts always vary but we have always have been allocating money for healthcare. If you look in Article 30 of the West you will see we allocated funds to healthcare EVEN when we were in the company plan. Again please read the contract.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
If you hit your 2080 hours your actually contributing $20,488 to pension each year and getting $102,440 for the life of the contract. Last contact maxed out at $86,320 so you are putting more in than ever! Math does not lie and these numbers are in your contract....... Read it!
So a 30 year full time driver will have well over $600,000 contributed on their behalf?
If they live 30 subsequent years, how much will they realize in pension benefits.