Local Strike Fund?

542thruNthru

So my local sent out a ballot to vote on starting a local strike fund.
sketch-1565970437252.jpg

I was wondering if anyone of you guys/girls have a local strike fund. Curious how much you contribute yearly. If you feel it's helped your local members. Any thoughts on it at all really.

Box Ox

So my local sent out a ballot to vote on starting a local strike fund.
View attachment 259548

I was wondering if anyone of you guys/girls have a local strike fund. Curious how much you contribute yearly. If you feel it's helped your local members. Any thoughts on it at all really.

Maybe your local could move some money from your unlimited caviar/breadsticks/limo service for retirees fund.

542thruNthru

What for? You will never see another strike at UPS. Too many pusillanimous.

Poor Rod. I see the mind is going fast lately. The local is more then just UPS. Also just in case you've forgotten. The IBT is more then just UPS also. You may have forgot when you sold your PT brothers down the river for a pay raise. ;)

rod

Retired 22 years
Poor Rod. I see the mind is going fast lately. The local is more then just UPS. Also just in case you've forgotten. The IBT is more then just UPS also. You may have forgot when you sold your PT brothers down the river for a pay raise. ;)

Maybe some day PT will take enough interest in contract negotiations (but I doubt it) to band together for their own good but in the meantime the squeaky wheel always gets the grease. Don't blame the drivers for PT problems. I am well aware that the IBT is more than just UPS BUT UPS is the bread and butter for them.

rod

Retired 22 years
The last strike I was involved in we got 50 bucks a week and had to give that right back plus something like 35 more to keep our health and welfare plans current. :-)