LOLOLOLOLOL

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I wonder if the company has a plan for the potential second wave of the Wuhan virus? If things get bad into peak, helpers may not be allowed. What then?

Perhaps warnings should be made to customers?

Poop Head

Judge me.
I wonder if the company has a plan for the potential second wave of the Wuhan virus? If things get bad into peak, helpers may not be allowed. What then?

I think (wishfully), come fall, america will do what we should have done the first time. Nothing. Take your own precautions, if you feel so inclined.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n

Shower curtains in package cars.
94864B80-7448-4D46-84C8-0A42B85895E2.jpeg

barnyard

KTM rider
I wonder if the company has a plan for the potential second wave of the Wuhan virus?
2nd wave?? My area has still not peaked from the 1st wave. People in my building have tested positive and still, the only way to get a test is to have symptoms, including a fever.

NerdGirl

They asked us a few weeks ago if anyone was interested in that. Said they are doing something special for us, allowing us to sell back our vacations weeks to work them. I just laughed and said no thanks, don't know of anyone who took them up on the offer. Sure some did though.

Sell back? As long as I've worked at my hub they let you collect your vacation and offer to let you work it too covid-19 or not. Then ppl just bank the extra money. Though I found out Thursday they pay your vacation pay two weeks ahead of the time your actually taking your vacation. Is that normal everywhere?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Sell back? As long as I've worked at my hub they let you collect your vacation and offer to let you work it too covid-19 or not. Then ppl just bank the extra money. Though I found out Thursday they pay your vacation pay two weeks ahead of the time your actually taking your vacation. Is that normal everywhere?
you gave me the clap

Overpaid Union Thug

2nd wave?? My area has still not peaked from the 1st wave. People in my building have tested positive and still, the only way to get a test is to have symptoms, including a fever.

Here you can go to the health department and get tested In a drive through for free and without symptoms. They wright a quarantine note on the spot and call with the results three days later. The few people in my center that were quarantined STILL haven’t received their quarantine pay.

JustDeliverIt

Yes, vacation weeks are paid out early everywhere. At our hub they never ask to buy back your vacation weeks. They might call you on a Wednesday and ask if they are heavy, but I don't ever answer my phone much less agree to ahead of time. A few people come in occasionally, but for the most part they are just SOL and have to deal with it. Them asking was a first for me.

Zowert

In 10 years that will be virtually every driver.

Relying on GPS is dangerous, Amazon DSP drivers prove it. Stopping on a dime with no turn signal to make a sudden right, u-turns in the middle of a busy road, parking on the wrong side of a busy street then flipping another U to make a stop they passed earlier.

I don’t get what’s so hard about getting area knowledge down, instead of relying on GPS every day. It takes me three days tops to learn a new route and I’m not the sharpest knife in the drawer. I never have my phone on in the cab, for GPS or any reason. I will look up my next stop on Google Maps as I’m walking between stops, that’s it. You can get the area down quickly if you take the time to study a map.

Relying on GPS is dangerous, Amazon DSP drivers prove it. Stopping on a dime with no turn signal to make a sudden right, u-turns in the middle of a busy road, parking on the wrong side of a busy street then flipping another U to make a stop they passed earlier.

I don’t get what’s so hard about getting area knowledge down, instead of relying on GPS every day. It takes me three days tops to learn a new route and I’m not the sharpest knife in the drawer. I never have my phone on in the cab, for GPS or any reason. I will look up my next stop on Google Maps as I’m walking between stops, that’s it. You can get the area down quickly if you take the time to study a map.
Some of us are in a different area or town everyday. I have never been on the same route for three days straight.

The Range

In too deep
Every supervisor on the sort working, typically taking the 'easy' union jobs i.e. responder, wraps, driving trains. Talk of overgood work inside the hub being filled by non-union workers. Meanwhile, union members physically pushed around by boxes launched over barriers in isles, stacked to the gills, loaders entombed in trucks. Hiring freeze? LOL! Excellent of the union to give so much away. What do we get in return? A bit more difficult to fire people with attendance issues? Once you give it away, good luck getting it back. Dues!?

giphy.gif

Last edited: