LOLOLOLOLOL

542thruNthru

I agree he did amazing job in that role, but I didn't like that version of the joker as much as I liked Jack Nicholson's. I'd still like to see Mark Hamill do a live action version.

Wow Mark Hamill... that would be interesting. He played a good Co*k knocker!
P1PhHpf.gif

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
There are tons of leaps one has to take to believe that that character could ever become the Joker. Including that he apparently developed an anti-aging serum lol

True, Joaquin was maybe a bit old for.the character. But, come on, one of the official comic book origin stories of the Joker is he was a lab tech who fell into a chemical vat. I think "Joker" was attempting to demonstrate how a real-life Joker might come to be, rather than presenting an origin story of a comic book Joker.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
True, Joaquin was maybe a bit old for.the character. But, come on, one of the official comic book origin stories of the Joker is he was a lab tech who fell into a chemical vat. I think "Joker" was attempting to demonstrate how a real-life Joker might come to be, rather than presenting an origin story of a comic book Joker.
I more mean he went and visited Bruce and there’s clearly 30+ years between the two of them in the movie.

I know it was trying to bring more light to the fact that Joker had mental issues and such. I just think they did that really poorly.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I more mean he went and visited Bruce and there’s clearly 30+ years between the two of them in the movie.

I know it was trying to bring more light to the fact that Joker had mental issues and such. I just think they did that really poorly.

If you ever watched/read "The Killing Game", it is revealed that the Joker just snapped one day. He was trying to prove that all it takes is one bad day to make a good man turn bad by doing terrible things to Commisioner Gordon.

He had some technical training and knowledge, but there is nothing in his background that suggested he would be a criminal mastermind or that he suffered from mental illness.

I think it's a mistake to take Joker as a canon story. It's more like an "elseworlds" story-line. The age difference isn't that big a deal. Even the director says he might not be the real Joker.

Joker Director Todd Phillips Says Arthur Fleck Might Not Be the Real Joker

I liked the depiction of the character's descent from trying to keep it together to fully embracing his insanity. I did think the delusional relationship with his neighbor was unnecessary and a bit ham-fisted. I also think the movie would have been less captivating without the Batman connections. "Falling Down", plot point for plot point, was a better movie.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If you ever watched/read "The Killing Game", it is revealed that the Joker just snapped one day. He was trying to prove that all it takes is one bad day to make a good man turn bad by doing terrible things to Commisioner Gordon.

He had some technical training and knowledge, but there is nothing in his background that suggested he would be a criminal mastermind or that he suffered from mental illness.

I think it's a mistake to take Joker as a canon story. It's more like an "elseworlds" story-line. The age difference isn't that big a deal. Even the director says he might not be the real Joker.

I liked the depiction of the character's descent from trying to keep it together to fully embracing his insanity. I did think the delusional relationship with his neighbor was unnecessary and a bit ham-fisted. I also think the movie would have been less captivating without the Batman connections. "Falling Down", plot point for plot point, was a better movie.
Just my personal opinion. Which plenty of critics and others share. I didn’t like it. My wife is the comics fan. She didn’t like it either.

oldngray

nowhere special

It's just a comic but seems to be an attempt to rewrite history. At least they didn't try to twist it to a social justice/gay theme.