Long Island Teamster deported

MendozaJ

30 years and still no legal residency status?

Both sides of my family are immigrants, my wife's family are immigrants....but come on, 30 years?

That's bureaucracy. He has (had) followed the procedures that the government has put in place to obtain legal residency. The irony is where he was the provider for his American family, now the taxpayers will have to support them.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
As long as he takes Drumpf with him.
downloadfile.gif
would you fight this guy

Faceplanted

That's bureaucracy. He has (had) followed the procedures that the government has put in place to obtain legal residency. The irony is where he was the provider for his American family, now the taxpayers will have to support them.
Absolute bs

if he came here in a time of war as a refugee he would be an alien resident. The pathway for citizenship after being an alien resident is pretty straight foward.

My best friend came here as a refugee as a child, was an alien resident. From the time he actually attempted to become an American citizen, to saying the pledge of allegiance and becoming a citizen was less than 2 years.

The process takes no where near 30 years... come on man. Like I said my whole family are immigrants and my wife's family is as well.

MendozaJ

Absolute bs

if he came here in a time of war as a refugee he would be an alien resident. The pathway for citizenship after being an alien resident is pretty straight foward.

My best friend came here as a refugee as a child, was an alien resident. From the time he actually attempted to become an American citizen, to saying the pledge of allegiance and becoming a citizen was less than 2 years.

The process takes no where near 30 years... come on man. Like I said my whole family are immigrants and my wife's family is as well.

Was he here illegally, of did he arrive by way of a US refugee program? There are a few countries in the world in which the US grants special status and accepts a certain amount of asylum seekers for resettlement. That usually involves countries that we are currently bombing. Then you have the policy on Cuba, where we'll take care of you and expedite the process if you make it to dry land. It's a different process depending on the circumstances of your arrival and where you are coming from.

Faceplanted

Was he here illegally, of did he arrive by way of a US refugee program? There are a few countries in the world in which the US grants special status and accepts a certain amount of asylum seekers for resettlement. That usually involves countries that we are currently bombing. Then you have the policy on Cuba, where we'll take care of you and expedite the process if you make it to dry land. It's a different process depending on the circumstances of your arrival and where you are coming from.
My friends family worked closely with the us during nam, the killing Fields started going down, they fled on a boat and were granted some sort of assylium. I don't know the exact details. there is no reason it takes anybody 30 years to become a citizen. There are many different ways to become a citizen.... I mean after 30 years you could just do it the easy way and get married to get citizenship

Some of my family came here the proper way.... applied while over seas, waited many years. Got a sponsor, came here worked ect

Some of my other family over stayed student visa got married and became citizens like that.

Some of my wife's family straight up came across the boarder From Latin America, did what they had to do and became citizens.

All these instances took less then 5 years. I'm all for immigration, but 30 years...

Try to Immigrate to Sweden or most other countries, now that's a mission. I think new zeland actually requires you to have 500k in liquid assets to even immigrate unless its for a skilled labor purpose

The actual test you have to take is hard for even an American educated person to pass, lots of people get comfy and stay on green cards or with alien resident or worker Id status. That's on them. I had a few friends who were legal "residents". They knew that at any time they could have to go, or also face issues If ever trying to re enter the country, they went through the proper process and became us citizens

Last edited:

MendozaJ

My friends family worked closely with the us during nam, the killing Fields started going down, they fled on a boat and were granted some sort of assylium. I don't know the exact details. there is no reason it takes anybody 30 years to become a citizen. There are many different ways to become a citizen.... I mean after 30 years you could just do it the easy way and get married to get citizenship

Some of my family came here the proper way.... applied while over seas, waited many years. Got a sponsor, came here worked ect

Some of my other family over stayed student visa got married and became citizens like that.

Some of my wife's family straight up came across the boarder From Latin America, did what they had to do and became citizens.

All these instances took less then 5 years. I'm all for immigration, but 30 years...

Try to Immigrate to Sweden or most other countries, now that's a mission. I think new zeland actually requires you to have 500k in liquid assets to even immigrate unless its for a skilled labor purpose

The actual test you have to take is hard for even an American educated person to pass, lots of people get comfy and stay on green cards or with alien resident or worker Id status. That's on them. I had a few friends who were legal "residents". They knew that at any time they could have to go, or also face issues If ever trying to re enter the country, they went through the proper process and became us citizens

Unfortunately, Mr. Vasquez, and many more immigrants in residency limbo, have neither benefited from the US government 1970s Vietnamese refugee policy, nor from the government's record of efficiency in closing asylum petitions within five years of application. Also, Mr. Vasquez was married to a US citizen, so it should have been easy.

Faceplanted

Unfortunately, Mr. Vasquez, and many more immigrants in residency limbo, have neither benefited from the US government 1970s Vietnamese refugee policy, nor from the government's record of efficiency in closing asylum petitions within five years of application. Also, Mr. Vasquez was married to a US citizen, so it should have been easy.
So what is the problem? If he is married to a us citizen, and went through the interview process... answered all questions correctly and had the needed evidence to prove marriage why is he not a citizen.

If he got screwed I can see your side and can back the cause 100%.

I have seen people go through this exact situation and have proper citizenship within a year. It's hard for me to think he got screwed when I seen a handful of people successfully go through the marriage process to get citizenship. I actually had to write a statement signed by a notary for somebody to help prove/explain their situation.

Star B

White Lightening
I helped someone on a green card last year get her citizenship. I *think* she was at like, 25 years. Married to an citizen so it was just more semantics than anything.