Looking for info on shipping issue

promethean

I'll preface this with the fact that I live in norther NJ, so I expect delays, I'm just trying to figure out what is going on and why I see such different behavior on two shipments from the same region, both UPS ground.

1st Shipment as follows:
Charlotte, NC, United States11/01/20128:00 P.M.Adverse weather conditions.
Charlotte, NC, United States10/31/201210:00 P.M.Adverse weather conditions.
Greensboro, NC, United States10/31/20127:28 A.M.Departure Scan
10/31/201212:22 A.M.Arrival Scan
Charlotte, NC, United States10/30/201211:00 P.M.Adverse weather conditions.
10/30/201210:44 P.M.Departure Scan
10/30/20128:03 P.M.Origin Scan
United States10/30/20126:41 P.M.Order Processed: Ready for UPS

It looks like the the package went 100 miles north-east to Greensboro before being returned back to charlotte. Why would this happen? I understand delays, but reversal of progress? I didn't think NC was hard hit at all, much less enough to require packages to be returned to original destination. And UPS has been delivering in packages here otherwise (usually out of the secaucus hub. I have received 2 packages since wednesday)

Compare this to the second package:

November 1, 201201:04:00 PMSecaucus NJ USArrival Scan
November 1, 201210:14:00 AMSecaucus NJ USShipment received by carrier
October 31, 201211:55:40 AMColumbia SC USShipment has left seller facility and is in transit to carrier

This package left from the same region, a day later and slightly further away but needing to pass through all of NC, and is now in Secaucus, the hib from which my packages go "Out for delivery"

So what's going on? What's the problem between Charlotte &/or Greensboro holding up this other package?

Thanks,
J

Big Babooba

It appears that one went through the UPS system and one bypassed most of it. Some shippers use a different carrier to transport their merchandise to whatever UPS hub that serves a delivery area. We have no info or control over those carriers. Call the shipper. The package doesn't enter our system until it reaches the hub. Then it becomes our responsibility.

Nimnim

The Nim
I'm not sure what would cause this, but I know there's a air location in Columbia, SC so perhaps they were able to just fly it over while the N.C one attempted to send it by feeder.

No clue why the first one would backtrack though.

barnyard

KTM rider
No clue why the first one would backtrack though.

A used box that has a label on the top and bottom.

I know I have delivered packages that were shipped the day before by a shipper that could not cover the old label with the new label.

p228

The adverse weather conditions was likely a just a code put on the entire trailer not a physical scan.