Loss of Coverage. COBRA ?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not necessarily.

I am also in CS. I traded a vacation week, a while back. HR never got the message and treated my new vacation week as a week off without pay. I did not get the letter until 4-5 weeks later, the coverage lapse was only for that week. We did not have any doctor visits, so we just let it go.

I am pretty sure that he will get 1 letter per week of lapsed coverage, not 1 letter to cover the whole thing.

Regardless, I hope that it is straightened out quickly and that buc's wife is doing well.

Seems like a waste of time for all involved.

I also hope that his wife is doing well.

BUCN85

Well apparently I have to talk to somebody at my building. Teamcare rep told her that there's a good chance that I was coded wrong. And that's about all they were able to tell her. It's a start..

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

Well apparently I have to talk to somebody at my building. Teamcare rep told her that there's a good chance that I was coded wrong. And that's about all they were able to tell her. It's a start..
Yes...only ur manager can call hr and have them fix it. Been there done that. All central states will tell you is they didn't receive a contribution from ups that week

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

Be prepared for any medical bills to be unpaid for that week

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

When that happened here, been a looong time, UPS would just pay bill, because ins would not take payment retroactively.
Once it's fixed they will process bills again for that week and pay them

trickpony1

I'm guessing your local union hall has 1 or 2 ladies that sit in the front and handle administrative affairs.

They have considerable influence and inside contacts with others of influence.

This has been my experience.

Call them, make friends with them, get their name and ask them if they could resolve your issues. I bet they can.

A gift card to a local restaurant usually helps too.

Johney

Not necessarily.

I am also in CS. I traded a vacation week, a while back. HR never got the message and treated my new vacation week as a week off without pay. I did not get the letter until 4-5 weeks later, the coverage lapse was only for that week. We did not have any doctor visits, so we just let it go.

I am pretty sure that he will get 1 letter per week of lapsed coverage, not 1 letter to cover the whole thing.

Regardless, I hope that it is straightened out quickly and that buc's wife is doing well.
I have never gotten a request to pick up COBRA for missing just one week. My understanding is they will only send that out when UPS has not paid your bennies for a consistent period of time, not random weeks.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

I have never gotten a request to pick up COBRA for missing just one week. My understanding is they will only send that out when UPS has not paid your bennies for a consistent period of time, not random weeks.
Any week that benefits aren't paid we get a notice

Johney

Any week that benefits aren't paid we get a notice

Exactly and benefits are paid a week at a time in Central States.
Well all I can say is I've missed a week of work and never got notification to pick COBRA and I'm guessing is because they started back the following week. Prime example was my week in feeder school. I did that week with no option days left or vacation. And no letter about COBRA.

barnyard

KTM rider
Well all I can say is I've missed a week of work and never got notification to pick COBRA and I'm guessing is because they started back the following week. Prime example was my week in feeder school. I did that week with no option days left or vacation. And no letter about COBRA.

Same here. I never got a letter for feeder school either, but when I signed my bid, non productive week was 40 hours of pay, which you forfeited if you did not pass, did not pass the productive week or dropped off the list before 3 years had lapsed.

I took a voluntary week of layoff to move my youngest to Montana, I got a letter for that week a month later. We ignored it, as no one went to the doctor. The same thing happened for the week where I traded a week. Ignored that one too.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

did you ever find out anything, I got one of these too after not working a week but i didnt have any medical bills that week or anything. Is it just no coverage for that specific week?
Yes

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

did you ever find out anything, I got one of these too after not working a week but i didnt have any medical bills that week or anything. Is it just no coverage for that specific week?
You do not get letter saying u are reinstated ...ever