Lost $1000 worth of hops today

BrownSnowFlake

A little after 11:00 I pulled up to the brewery and scanned the package. They were closed and the brewery is on the main drag that I drive through 3 or 4 times a day. So I voided the stop and put the package back on the truck.

I continued on my route and at some point discovered my back door was rolled up about 3 feet. Shame on me. I secured it and continued. A few hours later the door was open again. After that I started using the chain.

Got back to the brewery around 18:00 and that box is nowhere to be found. I’m stressing. I thought maybe it was buried under my 100 pickups. I turned the whole truck over 3x looking for it but it’s a fart in the wind. I know I didn’t misdeliver it. The only possibility is it fell out the back.

So my question is: How long do i have to wait until i can try to qualify again?

A little after 11:00 I pulled up to the brewery and scanned the package. They were closed and the brewery is on the main drag that I drive through 3 or 4 times a day. So I voided the stop and put the package back on the truck.

I continued on my route and at some point discovered my back door was rolled up about 3 feet. Shame on me. I secured it and continued. A few hours later the door was open again. After that I started using the chain.

Got back to the brewery around 18:00 and that box is nowhere to be found. I’m stressing. I thought maybe it was buried under my 100 pickups. I turned the whole truck over 3x looking for it but it’s a fart in the wind. I know I didn’t misdeliver it. The only possibility is it fell out the back.

Can't qualify again if you get fired....

Brisket

18:00!? At that point it’s missed, but the bigger problem is you better report it, and not sure on the length of time you have to wait.

542thruNthru

Don't get ahead of yourself. Did you report the missing package and what you think happen? Article 10 of the NMA covers this. You may be disciplined or charged for the amount the package was worth but not both.

Why did he void the packages? They was closed

What do you think @Turdferguson ?

The business hours could have been after 11am.

Last edited:
Don't get ahead of yourself. Did you report the missing package and what you think happen? Article 10 of the NMA covers this. You may be disciplined or changed for the amount the packages was worth but not both.

The business hours could have been after 11am.
I don't care what the business hours are. I have tons of people with crazy hours. Sometimes they are not there during the posted business hours. As long as I'm not there between 12-1 and after 5 they are closed. If I get a chance later I will make another attempt

Last edited:

BrownSnowFlake

18:00!? At that point it’s missed, but the bigger problem is you better report it, and not sure on the length of time you have to wait.
I already talked to three supervisors about it when i got back to the building. This is where it gets weird. Around the time I was voiding the stop, the computer shows a scan for that tracking number two states away.

Is this a glitch? Or did that box quantum-tunnel to Illinois just to mess with me?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
report anything missing and put in the dvir that the door keeps rolling up. IDK what POS package car they gave you where the door does not stay down. Nobody latches these things unless it is longer travel.

542thruNthru

I don't care what the business hours are. I have to s of people with crazy hours. Sometimes they are not there during the posted business hours. As long as I'm not there between 12-1 and after 5 they are closed. If I get a chance later I will make another attempt

I whole heartedly agree. I don't care what your Buisness hours are but some centers are stickers.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
best case scenerio is you get to qualify prior to making payments on the $1000 lost. That's easy to pay off with this job so long as you get to keep it.

542thruNthru

I already talked to three supervisors about it when i got back to the building. This is where it gets weird. Around the time I was voiding the stop, the computer shows a scan for that tracking number two states away.

Is this a glitch? Or did that box quantum-tunnel to Illinois just to mess with me?

I'd ask for a print out of that. Might help down the road. Tell your steward to demand it.

542thruNthru

With your avatar it's hard to take your story seriously.

What did the sups say?

BrownSnowFlake

With your avatar it's hard to take your story seriously.

What did the sups say?
“What do you mean you lost it?”
“You must’ve misdelivered it”
“You should’ve put the chain on the back door”
“Go home and think about where it could’ve gone”

The lady in the office was already taking a call from the brewery when I was punching out. She pulled up the records in her computer. That’s how I knew it was worth $1000 and about the 11:20 scan. It hadn’t reached the attention of my center manager yet but certainly will by tomorrow morning.

542thruNthru

“What do you mean you lost it?”
“You must’ve misdelivered it”
“You should’ve put the chain on the back door”
“Go home and think about where it could’ve gone”

The lady in the office was already taking a call from the brewery when I was punching out. She pulled up the records in her computer. That’s how I knew it was worth $1000 and about the 11:20 scan. It hadn’t reached the attention of my center manager yet but certainly will by tomorrow morning.

Well you can try and do 1 of 2 things in my opinion.

Slyly convince your center manager/sup to give you a warning letter for it so that they can not charge you.

Or

Convince them to charge you so that they can not disqualify you for it. ;)

sketch-1564710044553.jpg