Lost another brother.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Heat is nothing new. Cant be drinking energy drinks, soda, sugar water.

1656858869455.png

Wally

Why does he need a go fund me? He has life insurance through work. Even with that, a 25 year old can buy super cheap life insurance.

browned out

Email [email protected]

ORION requires drivers to spend excess time in the oppressive heat of the cargo area of the package car.

UPS is culpable. Go back to EDD.

Profits 📈 over people.

ORION was not designed with the priority of keeping the public safe and drivers as safe as possible
ORION endangers not only the safety of the general public but the safety of the UPS package car driver.

RIP to this young man.

Thebrownblob

Email [email protected]

ORION requires drivers to spend excess time in the oppressive heat of the cargo area of the package car.

Profits 📈 over people.

ORION was not designed with the priority of keeping the public safe and drivers as safe as possible
ORION endangers not only the safety of the general public but the safety of the UPS package car driver.

RIP to this young man.
Only You could Spin this in some political nonsensical way, what does Orion have to do with it? No one even tells us to follow Orion Much anymore quit using our brothers death as of your political grandstand.

Wally

You think his family is trying to milk this for money?
No, but see this almost as a knee jerk reaction. People die with zero protection, but yet they have fancy motorcycles, boats, etc.

Any funeral planner would look at insurance first. Since he has a years salary in insurance through his job, the expenses are covered. No need for charity.

Last edited:

Wally

Email [email protected]

Profits 📈 over people.

RIP to this young man.
Ahhh, before EDD, drivers had to spend way more time in the back sorting.

newolddude

Doubtful, just a cautionary tail, none of us know when it’s our time. We always think we have tomorrow. Get your financial house in order asap your family is depending on it. RIP brother😢
The problem is 25 year olds think they’re living forever. Yes, you are right he should have had a cheap life insurance to at least put himself in the ground. I did when I was 20 after a friend died. But he didn’t so I don’t see an issue with a go fund me for a proper burial.

Wally

The problem is 25 year olds think they’re living forever. Yes, you are right he should have had a cheap life insurance to at least put himself in the ground. I did when I was 20 after a friend died. But he didn’t so I don’t see an issue with a go fund me for a proper burial.
He had more than enough insurance for that.

Wally

So what would make you happy. Give the money back and handle it this way? Teach him one final lesson?
Big-Lebowski.jpg
A charity donation in his name would be nice. Unfortunately, people are giving thinking the family needs the money for expenses which is not the case.

Thebrownblob

Once again you missed the point this message was not for him he’s no longer here this is too the people still alive that’s what a cautionary tale is.

browned out

Only You could Spin this in some political nonsensical way, what does Orion have to do with it? No one even tells us to follow Orion Much anymore quit using our brothers death as of your political grandstand.
Safety is not a political grandstand issue.

ARTICLE 18
The Employer and the Union agree that the safety of the employees and the general public is of utmost importance.

Are you under some delusion that ORION was designed with the safety of the employee and the safety of the general public as THE PRIORITY? The priority was to save money; lets not fool ourselves.

IE knowingly designed the monstrosity with full knowledge that ORION "encouraged" (at the least) and could be and is "instructed" to be followed. IE is and was aware that following ORION reduces the safety of the employee and the safety of the general public by:

1. following the solution increases unnecessary backing into residential driveways.
2. following the solution increases unnecessary left-hand turns.
3. following the solution increases the time spent in the oppressive heat of the cargo area in a package car.

I have been at UPS for well over 30 years. I have corresponded with employees who have combined for 100's of years of service as package car drivers. The resounding sentiment is that the above is true and that ORION was not designed for the safety of the UPS package car driver and the safety of the general public. Everyday the PCMs are loaded with backing accidents and injuries. This has exponentially increased since the advent of ORION.

Cmon Man. We're not all stupid here.

TeltBender

For what? We work in heat all the time. Nothing new. All types of jobs work in extreme conditions. Did he have medical issues, drug use? We don't have all the facts yet.
Good to see members of this forum take the tragic death of a 24 year old, which was undoubtedly caused by the lack of care from the company— and chalk it up to drug use.