Lunch as a dispatch tool

scottberg271

I'm a full time driver fresh off of qualification. My first route that they stick me on is a route that has been messed up by a lunch skipper. I've been told that my lunch is the best dispatch tool but I'm pressured not to use it myself. I've been on the route a week now and I've taken at least 30 min each day. I'm tired of giving this company money. How can I use my lunch so that I don't get killed in dispatch. Just an idea of my route: a large college, 30 businesses, twelve apartments and multiple residential areas each day.
Please no trolls.

BUCN85

Encountered same thing I covered a route that was previously done by a lunch skipper. First day about 210 stops. 930 punch out. Next day about 180. Then the third day about 170. Right around where the route should be. If you skip lunch you are guarentee to get more work.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
How are they getting away with that now? Our diad promps for meal time. Take meal time other than between 12 and 3, and you get on a report.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
In many threads I have said it is a dispatch tool. Only used by the few brave drivers left. The rest are meek little cowards. Scared to death or thinking if they work as fast as they can ,will make them full time tomorrow. But, they will never match that threshold. The numbers will just keep rising. Do yourself a favor take in your 3rd to 5th hrs. Not at the end of the day. Remember management is paid by your numbers. You are paid by the hr. Make them adjust your numbers. Not the other way around

oldngray

nowhere special
You can complain but as long as everything keeps getting delivered nothing will change. Take you full lunch at the normal time and let it create service failures. When numbers start showing up on reports problems will finally be addressed.

MendozaJ

Lunch doesn't apply to you scratching the route. Take lunch in accordance with the contract and labor laws. Don't rush. Rushing leads to more errors and accidents.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
At around 1-1:30 I take my 10minbreak and my 45 min lunch together. In a nice truck stop. Ac in the summer. Heat in the winter. Good food. They give me the remote when the Yankees are playing :)

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Here, we are under a microscope regarding lunch. Must be taken between 12-3 and they are looking at reports of stops completed while on lunch. Have had people written up for taking lunch late and putting in wrong times for lunch

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I've been known to skip some lunch but I would say I'm the opposite of most lunch skippers. If I have a decent day I'll only take a 20-30 min lunch to get home earlier.

Load me up and I'm taking the full break so you're waiting on my pick up pieces til 10 pm.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I've been known to skip some lunch but I would say I'm the opposite of most lunch skippers. If I have a decent day I'll only take a 20-30 min lunch to get home earlier.

Load me up and I'm taking the full break so you're waiting on my pick up pieces til 10 pm.
I've taken just long enough to eat if I'm looking really good.

WorknLateHuh

If you don't take a lunch and get pulled into the office, just say, "I took my lunch before I came into work today. 0700-0800, and watch their face

nystripe96

It may seem insignificant but by skipping lunch your leaving thousands upon thousands of dollars on the table. I take my full lunch regardless of how crummy dispatch is